Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Dual NDIXs, Linkage and Jetting
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackw19
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:05 pm    Post subject: Dual NDIXs, Linkage and Jetting Reply with quote

I'm setting up a pair of NDIXs in a freshly rebuilt, stock DP 1600 in a 1974 Thing. Couple questions:

1) Does anyone have an opinion on the best linkage for these carbs? I'm leaning towards the Berg setup--in part because it looks like it might work well, and also because this is an old school, original paint project. On the other hand the Vintage Speed linkage has eye appeal, too. If you've run dual NDIXs I'd be very interested to hear your linkage opinions.

2) Jetting. There is a lot of jetting info about center mounts and about duals in Porche 356s, but not so much (basically nothing I've found) about dual NDIXs in Type 1s. This car lives at 5500ft and it's somewhat cold here in the winter, below freezing anyway. I plan to run a Vertex magneto with an 019 advance curve--it's on the shelf and I've never been stranded by a magneto-equipped vehicle. One fine day I may add a header and some ratio rockers, but that's for later.

3) Air Cleaners. I'd like to use oil bath air cleaners, at least ones that look that way. The problem is that the vintage VW oils all seem to have 2" collars, but the NDIX neck is 2-5/8". I could put a second Thing air cleaner on the driver side, but the stock locations look like they'd be in the way of the carbs. Or if a fella was rich a pair of either style Porche air units would work. Any ideas?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Danwvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Dual NDIXs, Linkage and Jetting Reply with quote

Any luck with this yet? I think they can run a different emulsion tube for the single at least webers do. the F7 or something! This thread has some jetting info: Zenith 32 NDIX on 36 hp based 1300cc.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: