Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Where can I get mushroom bolt receiver to mount seat?
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
vivarice
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 10:31 pm    Post subject: Where can I get mushroom bolt receiver to mount seat? Reply with quote

Hello all,

Anyone know where I can get a mushroom bolt receiver? I recently scored a single seat for my EVC and didn't realize van only came with 4 mounting receivers for the double seat. Since the single seat is obviously shorter I can only connect single seat with 2 bolt currently. So I would like to get additional 2 receivers to mount single seat safely for my girl. If the same receiver is not available then appreciate it if someone can chime in size of the receiver or can share any idea how to make it safer. Currently, I have to put a lot of weight to the right then the seat will lift upward about an inch but still, I don't think it's safe without an additional anchor. Just to clarify when I say receiver is missing, I mean floor has 4 mounting holes for double seater. So after I get the receivers I'll have to drill it and possibly weld it to the floor. Since I want to make seat removable, my only option is to drill and put receiver.

I've attached the pic for illustration purpose.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Also, I want to make this seat swivel, anyone know if below product will work?
http://www.eurocampers.com/EuroVan-Swivel-Seat-Adapters_c_120.html
http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200487875_200487875
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Joshwa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 6:54 am    Post subject: Re: Where can I get mushroom bolt receiver to mount seat Reply with quote

Maybe a picture of the existing mushroom bolts? Are they the same as used for the front seats?
Late model cabin air filter on 93
Euro spec bumper install on 93
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
JMB3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: Where can I get mushroom bolt receiver to mount seat Reply with quote

gakali
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: Where can I get mushroom bolt receiver to mount seat Reply with quote

Check with VW. Probably only a few dollars each anyway. The bigger question is are there nuts down below. If not no big problem you just need to drill a hole and get a suitable grade nut tack welded to the cross member below the deck like you said.

1999 Eurovan
2003 A4 Avant 1.8T Quattro
1992 W201 190e 2.3 Mercedes
2006 W220 S600 V12 Twin Turbo 5.5 Mercedes
JMB3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject: Re: Where can I get mushroom bolt receiver to mount seat Reply with quote

Download this pdf:

http://www.winnebagoind.com/service/wincd/2003/ev117a.pdf

Take a look at page 18.
vivarice
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Where can I get mushroom bolt receiver to mount seat Reply with quote

Thanks all for the information!

JMB3, this was exactly what I was looking for! I'll update the thread once I get the nut and hopefully, it's not too much work to get it tacked to cross member.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vivarice
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 11:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Where can I get mushroom bolt receiver to mount seat Reply with quote

Wow assuming I can still get the parts, it looks like OE parts will cost me a ~$170 just to mount a seat based on the URL below.
At this point mounting hardware is expensive than the seat. Sad
http://home.earthlink.net/~daldrich/EurovanLinks.html

S/H estimated at $15-20
Quan Part Number Description Unit Total
1 117188-02-02B Channel ASM-Seat $29.60 $29.60
2 117388-02-01A Retainer-Seat $51.10 $102.20
2 117191-01-02B Plate-Retainer $2.80 $5.60
2 000E13-26-00B Washer-Flat $0.60 $1.20
2 000C12-10-24B Bolt-Hex $0.50 $1.00
6 101618-01-000 Screw 1/4-20x3/4 Hex Tapping $0.30 $1.80
2 120270-01-01A Plug, Seat $4.15 $8.30
Grand total $149.70
hellogoodbye
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Where can I get mushroom bolt receiver to mount seat Reply with quote

I'm looking to utilize the mushroom bolt locations on my 2002 eurovan to mount something else, but I'm concerned if I extract the mushroom bolt the nut on the underside will fall off. And unfortunately a few are in a location that I can't easily get to without removing other stuff under the van. Anyone know if those square nuts on the underside are actually held in place by a weld or something?
BayCreamPuff
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Where can I get mushroom bolt receiver to mount seat Reply with quote

hellogoodbye wrote:
I'm looking to utilize the mushroom bolt locations on my 2002 eurovan to mount something else, but I'm concerned if I extract the mushroom bolt the nut on the underside will fall off. And unfortunately a few are in a location that I can't easily get to without removing other stuff under the van. Anyone know if those square nuts on the underside are actually held in place by a weld or something?

There's no nut on the other end, but another long 5/8 bolt on the underside that would need to be fully unthreaded to fall out.

Best of luck!

Earl Grey
'87 GoWesty 2.2 Westfalia

Marsha Mellow
'00 Eurovan VR6 Full Camper
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: