Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Source for Early Westy Rear Passenger Side Curtain Rail Cover
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
wbailey2112
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:37 am    Post subject: Source for Early Westy Rear Passenger Side Curtain Rail Cover Reply with quote

I've searched through the forum and the interwebs but cannot seem to find a source or even a part number for the plastic rear passenger side curtain rail cover. Has anyone tried to 3D print a replacement? Any leads would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
leecat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:29 am    Post subject: Re: Source for Early Westy Rear Passenger Side Curtain Rail Cover Reply with quote

I would slide over to Thingiverse and search 'Vanagon' and 'Westfalia' - amazing selection of VW van-related 3D printable stuff on there - and drop a line to one of the guys who are making the more complex builds (like Westy rear table hardware or new window sliders). I would bet one of them would be happy to duplicate a rail cover and post it. Would probably have to be a multiple-piece build due to size limitations on the 3D trays tho.

Just found 2 printable designs for the ashtray-replacing gauge pod on there - saved me almost $50 ordering one from the UK.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kalispell365
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:01 am    Post subject: Re: Source for Early Westy Rear Passenger Side Curtain Rail Cover Reply with quote

I wish someone made this....
shagginwagon83
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:45 am    Post subject: Re: Source for Early Westy Rear Passenger Side Curtain Rail Cover Reply with quote

If I recall correctly, this can be made - however it would be made in two parts - as the machine can't handle the length of the cover. Maybe a super high end university level printer might be able to do it.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: