Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Need to get to Sacramento from LA to look at a van!
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Need to get to Sacramento from LA to look at a van! Reply with quote

grandpa red wrote:
Take Greyhound and leave the driving to them!

Yeah!, there's the answer, you meet the most interesting people like that Surprised

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
Helfen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Need to get to Sacramento from LA to look at a van! Reply with quote

my59 wrote:
overdrive wrote:
newerwesty1987 wrote:
I regret asking. Thanks.

You do know your on TheSamba ? LOL

Going to look at a van? WTF are you on TheSamba for?

VW made a type 2 van
my59
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:07 am    Post subject: Re: Need to get to Sacramento from LA to look at a van! Reply with quote

Helfen wrote:
my59 wrote:
overdrive wrote:
newerwesty1987 wrote:
I regret asking. Thanks.

VW made a type 2 van

Type 2 Transporter, Westfalia Camper, Kombi, Microbus, Single Cab, Double Cab, Panel Van, a rose by any other.....

Van? Might as well have said he needs a ride to look at an Econoline.
Helfen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:24 am    Post subject: Re: Need to get to Sacramento from LA to look at a van! Reply with quote

my59 wrote:
Helfen wrote:
my59 wrote:
overdrive wrote:
newerwesty1987 wrote:
I regret asking. Thanks.

VW made a type 2 van

Type 2 Transporter, Westfalia Camper, Kombi, Microbus, Single Cab, Double Cab, Panel Van, a rose by any other.....

Van? Might as well have said he needs a ride to look at an Econoline.

Yeah, VAN. If you look in the Samba at mid 60's literature say 1964 VW calls it a Delivery VAN. Same as Econoline, Corvan, Dodge Van, Chevy Van.
VW in it's literature also sometimes calls it a Panel Van. and so does G.M. and the rest of them.

Here's what VW says about the KOMBI for 1964; In the KOMBI we have put four different vehicles together ( as you know the KOMBI is the BUS ). It's a roomy Delivery Van. It is a comfortable passenger car. It is both these at once. It is a ideal camping car.
In 1965 VW calls the entire TYPE 2 series a "TRUCK"
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:30 am    Post subject: Re: Need to get to Sacramento from LA to look at a van! Reply with quote

Helfen wrote:

Yeah, VAN. If you look in the Samba at mid 60's literature say 1964 VW calls it a Delivery VAN. Same as Econoline, Corvan, Dodge Van, Chevy Van.
VW in it's literature also sometimes calls it a Panel Van. and so does G.M. and the rest of them.

Here's what VW says about the KOMBI for 1964; In the KOMBI we have put four different vehicles together ( as you know the KOMBI is the BUS ). It's a roomy Delivery Van. It is a comfortable passenger car. It is both these at once. It is a ideal camping car.

The Chicken tax starting in 1964 had VW renaming them all into Kombi to avoid the tariff.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicken_tax

Other manufacturers imported their trucks in pieces to be reassembled by the dealers to get around this.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
Helfen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:56 am    Post subject: Re: Need to get to Sacramento from LA to look at a van! Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:
Helfen wrote:

The Chicken tax starting in 1964 had VW renaming them all into Kombi to avoid the tariff.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicken_tax

Other manufacturers imported their trucks in pieces to be reassembled by the dealers to get around this.

Still called them panel vans in the literature though.
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Need to get to Sacramento from LA to look at a van! Reply with quote

Great, he couldn't take this thread anymore. Hitched to Bakersfield, had to blow his way to Fresno, but looked at the wrong guy's gal in Stockton. RIP OP.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
static
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Need to get to Sacramento from LA to look at a van! Reply with quote

FlixBus goes from LA to Sac for between $20 and $30.

The Amtrak San Joaquin is a good choice too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
calvinater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Need to get to Sacramento from LA to look at a van! Reply with quote

Is that bus still for sale?
copellos
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Need to get to Sacramento from LA to look at a van! Reply with quote

wahahaha so did you ever get to sac
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: