Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Have you SEEN ONE on the road lately? Vanagon Spotters Thread
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 136, 137, 138 ... 167, 168, 169  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
andrewvwco
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE, lately? Spotters thread Reply with quote

Gold Hill Colorado
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

theadventureneverends
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE, lately? Spotters thread Reply with quote

wa
SCM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE, lately? Spotters thread Reply with quote

The blue one parked next to mine while I was having lunch/beer one afternoon. I was having some brake issues and hoped to catch the driver to ask if I could compare her van's brake pedal feel to mine but she left before I had a chance.

campism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE, lately? Spotters thread Reply with quote

SCM wrote:
The blue one parked next to mine while I was having lunch/beer one afternoon. I was having some brake issues and hoped to catch the driver to ask if I could compare her van's brake pedal feel to mine but she left before I had a chance.

Now that's a line. "Hey, baby, how's about..."
jlrftype7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE, lately? Spotters thread Reply with quote

I’ve seen 2 Westfalias over this weekend, one highly modified with a lift, bumpers, gas can on the rear and the usual Roof Box, Round Headlights too.
The other was a later rectangular headlight model, appeared stock.
They are rare sights around here, but too see two in one day within a few miles of each other......REALLY RARE... Shocked Cool Cool
2017 MINI Coopers, our current DDs
‘84 Tin Top - Hilga....Auto
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE, lately? Spotters thread Reply with quote

jlrftype7 wrote:
...but too see two in one day within a few miles of each other......REALLY RARE... Shocked Cool Cool

I saw three in the Home Depot (on Utah in Seattle) parking lot this morning (mine plus two others). I saw two more over the course of the day.

This means nothing other than one sees more Vanagons in Seattle than Chicago.

Cheers.

Abscate wrote:
Do not get killed, do not kill others.

Current: 1990 Westy Camper - Bostig RG4, 2wd, manual trans w/Peloquin, NAHT high-top, 280 ah LFP battery, 160 watts solar, Flash Silver, seam rust, bondo, etc., etc.

Past: 1985 Westy Camper - 1.9 wbx, 2wd, manual trans, Merian Brown, (sold after 17 years to Northwesty who converted it to a Syncro).
theadventureneverends
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE, lately? Spotters thread Reply with quote

WA
djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE, lately? Spotters thread Reply with quote

My Daughter was up at Kalispell Mt picking up my Granddaughter from a week at "orchestra" camp.

She sent me this photo of a Syncro in the parking lot.

Dave

Ghia
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=392473

Vanagon
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6315537#6315537

Beetle
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=482968&highlight=74+super+vert
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
campism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE, lately? Spotters thread Reply with quote

Someone, not me, saw this one in Bend OR today and posted on another forum. Maybe I should put this in the Internet thread.

jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE, lately? Spotters thread Reply with quote

campism wrote:
Someone, not me, saw this one in Bend OR today and posted on another forum. Maybe I should put this in the Internet thread.

Merian?

Abscate wrote:

Current: 1990 Westy Camper - Bostig RG4, 2wd, manual trans w/Peloquin, NAHT high-top, 280 ah LFP battery, 160 watts solar, Flash Silver, seam rust, bondo, etc., etc.

Past: 1985 Westy Camper - 1.9 wbx, 2wd, manual trans, Merian Brown, (sold after 17 years to Northwesty who converted it to a Syncro).
Paulbeard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE, lately? Spotters thread Reply with quote

Saw a well-loved Syncro at the I-5/405 split in S Seattle today…red with a patina you have to work at since new…

Quote:
Git 'r DONE!
— dhaavers
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE, lately? Spotters thread Reply with quote

Paulbeard wrote:
Saw a well-loved Syncro at the I-5/405 split in S Seattle today…red with a patina you have to work at since new…

Sodo?

Abscate wrote:

Paulbeard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE, lately? Spotters thread Reply with quote

A little scruffier than Sodo's rig…tintop as well…the fade and battlescars on this one were perfect.

Quote:
Git 'r DONE!
— dhaavers
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Sodo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE, lately? Spotters thread Reply with quote

hey to hell with that barn-find patiner, I'm gonna wax mine onnna these days!

(mine was parked all day today under a tree)

'90 Westy EJ25, 2Peloquins, 3knobs, pressure-oiled GT mainshaft, filtered, cooled gearbox
'87 Tintop w 47k 53k, '12 SmallCar EJ25, cooled filtered gearbox
....KTMs, GasGas, SPOT mtb

Last edited by Sodo on Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
vegpedlr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE, lately? Spotters thread Reply with quote

campism wrote:

I may have seen that one in Bend when I visited a couple months ago, but without the pirate ship style high top. I recognize the color and the wood stove chimney. Can’t be too many of those around.
theadventureneverends
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE, lately? Spotters thread Reply with quote

Gig Harbor, parked in almost the exact spot I sold a maroon/white deluxe split 28 years ago.
g shepherd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE, lately? Spotters thread Reply with quote

Yesterday afternoon: waiting at a red light in Cardiff, CA in my Adventurewagen. I glanced left and saw an AW approaching the intersection to make a righthand turn. He slowed down, we high-fived, and we did a quick 'cool-what year-you live around here-haha'. A second later the light changed, someone honked and we both took off.

It's rare to see an Adventurewagen in the flesh-- even rarer when I'm driving mine! You on The Samba Mr Brown 86 AW?
Tbob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE, lately? Spotters thread Reply with quote

You get away from the coasts and Vanagon sighting/ activity is almost nil. Therefore, the guy in Chicago seeing 2 in one day is rather remarkable. I live in Pensacola most of the year but still have a house in Southern Indiana. The only Vanagons I will see for months are my own. I did see a yellow/ white air cooled tintop on a trailer traveling on I-65 near Birmingham, Al., today, while traveling between Florida and Indiana. In all my trips back and forth, (5-6 a year) this is the first Vanagon I have seen.
1985 Westfalia, stock!
1986 Westfakia, Audi I-4 conversion
A couple of trucks and a couple of Jeeps
Paulbeard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE, lately? Spotters thread Reply with quote

This nice looking one the other day…

That's a good color I rarely see.

Quote:
Git 'r DONE!
— dhaavers
0to60in6min
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:01 am    Post subject: Re: Have you SEEN ONE, lately? Spotters thread Reply with quote

a super nice westy at our place for one night stay at the end of a long trip... nice meeting you Michael and Therese. Very Happy

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 136, 137, 138 ... 167, 168, 169  Next
Jump to:
Page 137 of 169

Jump to: