Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VWs in Movies / Films / TV / etc.
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 117, 118, 119  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
seventyfo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: VWs in Films / TV / etc. Reply with quote

^^ In the opening scene which is set in 1969 there’s a curved windshield Super Beetle Laughing

"I don't know you well enough to care about your comments". Watkins Cravey
disneyherbie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: VWs in Films / TV / etc. Reply with quote

I noticed that as well and it did bug me everytime it reappeared in the film. LOL
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Evil Clown
Live

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:33 am    Post subject: Re: VWs in Films / TV / etc. Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Cheech and Chong

Laughing

Quote:
I'll take a Happy Meal with Prozac please

Quote:
kiss my airy VW ass

Quote:
German word for constapation:
Farfrompoopin

Quote:
Chinese word for constipation:
Hung Chow Chow.. & it was GR8!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Trevor P
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: VWs in Films / TV / etc. Reply with quote

disneyherbie wrote:
I watched the Thursday preview of Once Upon a Time in Hollywood-Quentin Tarantino’s newest offering. It did not disappoint on a multitude of levels. Brad Pitt drives a light blue Ghia convertible in the film. He absolutely drives the piss out of this car which is funny to see. In addition to that though, is a plethora of VWs in both background and driving shots. I even spotted a blue Barndoor bus at one point, which reppears throughout the movie if you pay attention. I lost count of the number of ovals in the film. There’s even one that’s been stripped down to a shell in Manson’s “chop shop” at Spahn’s Movie Ranch. Being set in the summer of 1969 in LA I expected to see some VWs in the movie, but I was blown away. I highly recommend checking this movie out. It was like going back in time for the 3 hours I was watching the film and getting a glimpse of what LA must’ve been like in the summer of love.

The Ghia Brad Pitt was flogging sounded pretty healthy...assuming the engine sound effect wasn’t added later. Sharon Tate drives a really nice 911S but it looks like a 72 to me. So about 4 years too new for the time it’s set in. Anyone else notice the Hebmuller drive by in a later scene? I also noticed the BD used in multiple scenes as well as the super. Still a great movie...all the cars were worth the watch.
70 911T
91 Westy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:24 am    Post subject: Re: VWs in Films / TV / etc. Reply with quote

split screen bus on the ferry in danish thriller series 'below the surface' series two, episode two

nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect...
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: VWs in Films / TV / etc. Reply with quote

disneyherbie wrote:
I watched the Thursday preview of Once Upon a Time in Hollywood-Quentin Tarantino’s newest offering. It did not disappoint on a multitude of levels. Brad Pitt drives a light blue Ghia convertible in the film. He absolutely drives the piss out of this car which is funny to see. In addition to that though, is a plethora of VWs in both background and driving shots. I even spotted a blue Barndoor bus at one point, which reppears throughout the movie if you pay attention. I lost count of the number of ovals in the film. There’s even one that’s been stripped down to a shell in Manson’s “chop shop” at Spahn’s Movie Ranch. Being set in the summer of 1969 in LA I expected to see some VWs in the movie, but I was blown away. I highly recommend checking this movie out. It was like going back in time for the 3 hours I was watching the film and getting a glimpse of what LA must’ve been like in the summer of love.

Agreed wife and I really enjoyed and especially the happy ending, plenty of T and A throughout. Soundtrack was good as well. So many VWs it’s like a time warp. Very Happy
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: VWs in Films / TV / etc. Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:
disneyherbie wrote:

Agreed wife and I really enjoyed and especially the happy ending, plenty of T and A throughout. Soundtrack was good as well. So many VWs it’s like a time warp. Very Happy

Agree that it was a good movie. Growing up and living in S. California from the 60's through the 80's, it was a time warp for sure. I vividly remember air cooled VW's being in every other neighbors driveways back in the 70's into the 80's.
I will say I was in San Diego a few months ago. There's still lots of air cooled VW's there on the roads, especially bugs, bays and Vanagons.

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
Evil Clown
Live

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: VWs in Films / TV / etc. Reply with quote

From Stranger Things (Netflix), Season1

Quote:

Quote:
kiss my airy VW ass

Quote:
Farfrompoopin

Quote:
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: VWs in Films / TV / etc. Reply with quote

I saw this double cab on a documentary on KPBS about Woodstock.

.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>

# 303 and #156

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
VeeDubWolf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:04 am    Post subject: Re: VWs in Films / TV / etc. Reply with quote

That double-cab reminds me of a song...
"I got it one piece at a time! And it didn't cost me a dime!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18cW_yHo3PY
Good ol' Johnny! Cool
-Plus a wide assortment of various parts'n'junk
sb001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:09 am    Post subject: Re: VWs in Films / TV / etc. Reply with quote

Evil Clown wrote:
From Stranger Things (Netflix), Season1

Rewatching this show now-

Missed it the first time around but in Season 2 in a flashback Jane (Eleven)'s mom gets out of an early model Beetle:

Can't tell what year model, but since it's a flashback to right after Eleven was born, nice to know they pay attention to little details like that. (Then again, this particular episode was directed by Andrew Stanton of Pixar fame, so quality is to be expected.) Very Happy

1969 autostick sedan, family owned since new
1600 SP engine
Solex 30 PICT 3 carburetor
Bosch 113905205AE autostick distributor
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:49 am    Post subject: Re: VWs in Films / TV / etc. Reply with quote

TV Commercial.

# 303 and #156

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
calvinater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: VWs in Films / TV / etc. Reply with quote

What are they selling?
sb001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: VWs in Films / TV / etc. Reply with quote

calvinater wrote:
What are they selling?

Credit Sesame of course

1969 autostick sedan, family owned since new
1600 SP engine
Solex 30 PICT 3 carburetor
Bosch 113905205AE autostick distributor
Evil Clown
Live

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: VWs in Films / TV / etc. Reply with quote

Bad Chad Customs, S1, Ep1...
New show on Motor Trend

Guess what part is a VW Laughing

Oh, and he got 48k for it Exclamation

Quote:

Quote:
kiss my airy VW ass

Quote:
Farfrompoopin

Quote:
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: VWs in Films / TV / etc. Reply with quote

I like the girl in the cutoffs she reminds me of the chrome girl you see on mud flaps.
VeeDubWolf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:09 pm    Post subject: Re: VWs in Films / TV / etc. Reply with quote

I'll give them points for correct use of a VW trunk-lid! Laughing
Usually see folks putting a V8 under them.
-Plus a wide assortment of various parts'n'junk
Evil Clown
Live

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:53 am    Post subject: Re: VWs in Films / TV / etc. Reply with quote

PAWN STARS W/ BERRY MINI-T DUNE BUGGY
Rick offered him $1200

Declined

Quote:

Quote:
kiss my airy VW ass

Quote:
Farfrompoopin

Quote:
TheRealOld59
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:41 am    Post subject: Re: VWs in Films / TV / etc. Reply with quote

Trevor P wrote:
disneyherbie wrote:

The Ghia Brad Pitt was flogging sounded pretty healthy...assuming the engine sound effect wasn’t added later. Sharon Tate drives a really nice 911S but it looks like a 72 to me. So about 4 years too new for the time it’s set in. Anyone else notice the Hebmuller drive by in a later scene? I also noticed the BD used in multiple scenes as well as the super. Still a great movie...all the cars were worth the watch.

The barndoor parked in the street, look like this one no ?

TheRealOld59
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:11 am    Post subject: Re: VWs in Films / TV / etc. Reply with quote

Deluxe EarlyBay in Dirty Mary Crazy Larry

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 117, 118, 119  Next
Jump to:
Page 68 of 119

Jump to: