Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

LOWLIGHT FLOOR MATS... THE SOLUTION!
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 49, 50, 51  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inchpincher61
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: LOWLIGHT FLOOR MATS... THE SOLUTION! Reply with quote

Luis,

thank you for your honest and detailed feedback. I totally understand your situation and I am not trying to push you to confirm any date but I think its important to have continous updates from the production...especially for all customer here on thesamba who still payed their mats.

I hope you can find a way to keep your head above the water because we all want to go with your fantastic mats in our Ghias and I think we are all impressed by the enthusiasm you have have put into that project

For me its worth the waiting. Keep going Luis!! Exclamation
sputnick60
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: LOWLIGHT FLOOR MATS... THE SOLUTION! Reply with quote

Hi Luis,
Thanks for the update. I appreciate how much effort you’ve taken to make these mats. I was further amazed at the detailed development and process involved. And I was concerned with how sustainable all of it could be for you. The tent was a novel and surprising move I thought.
Anyhow, I hope it all works out for you. Cash flow is a kicker and putting food on the table is a priority. We all understand now you’ve explained

Nicholas
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
PeteSC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 6:27 am    Post subject: Re: LOWLIGHT FLOOR MATS... THE SOLUTION! Reply with quote

Thanks for the update, Luis.

I sincerely hope your fortunes turn around. If there's a silver lining in all of this for you perhaps it's this - it sounds like the "founding member" orders helped finance (along with your savings) your production setup. So you now own the molds, equipment, etc. to make mats. It sounds like you've got a bit of an uphill battle to fufill those outstanding orders, but perhaps once you do you can then do the mats on a made-to-order basis, and from that point on hopefully most of the sales price (outside of your rubber material costs and perishables) can go in your pocket. Hang in there.

Good luck, Luis!
John Moxon Premium Member
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:46 am    Post subject: Re: LOWLIGHT FLOOR MATS... THE SOLUTION! Reply with quote

Yes I agree...just hang in there Luis.

Even in these days of instant communication getting the news out there is still a bit of a headache. You have to catch the right audience with a banner headline that in effect says "THIS IS WHAT YOU'VE WANTED ALL THESE YEARS AND HERE IT IS" Even with the right headline you have to battle "Internet Cynicism" that counters the headline with "Yeah yeah we've heard that before, I'll wait and see what develops"

Some will wait until the major suppliers have it in stock...well for some items that will never happen...this just happens to be one such item. People like Luis are the lifeblood of the hobby...they put in their time, expertise and money to fill the void, not to make large profits...ask anyone who has taken on short-run projects.

It's vitally important they get our support. Without it, nothing gets done.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TRS63
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:01 am    Post subject: Re: LOWLIGHT FLOOR MATS... THE SOLUTION! Reply with quote

Hi Luis,

First of all 2 Thank you. First for your honesty and second for your dedication to this hobby with everything it involved.
Concerning the delay, I have to admit that even in my best dreams I won't be able to finish my car before at least 2021 so if someone is more in a hurry, you can push me further on the list, maybe it helps.
Cheers from Germany

Antoine
My 914 restoration&lightweight project :
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9698432#9698432
Resurrecting a 60 ghia : https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=713906
My 52 Standard Zwitter :
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=10086685#10086685
Burman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:19 am    Post subject: Re: LOWLIGHT FLOOR MATS... THE SOLUTION! Reply with quote

John Moxon wrote:
Yes I agree...just hang in there Luis.

Even in these days of instant communication getting the news out there is still a bit of a headache. You have to catch the right audience with a banner headline that in effect says "THIS IS WHAT YOU'VE WANTED ALL THESE YEARS AND HERE IT IS" Even with the right headline you have to battle "Internet Cynicism" that counters the headline with "Yeah yeah we've heard that before, I'll wait and see what develops"

Some will wait until the major suppliers have it in stock...well for some items that will never happen...this just happens to be one such item. People like Luis are the lifeblood of the hobby...they put in their time, expertise and money to fill the void, not to make large profits...ask anyone who has taken on short-run project

It's vitally important they get our support. Without it, nothing gets done.

Very well spoken John! And THANK YOU Luis for making this happen!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Og50on16's
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: LOWLIGHT FLOOR MATS... THE SOLUTION! Reply with quote

Hi All,

Been thinking positive vibes for this HUGE project. Hope all is well and Happy Fathers Day to all the Dads out in Ghia land!
sancho58
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: LOWLIGHT FLOOR MATS... THE SOLUTION! Reply with quote

Any updates on the Mats I have not heard much on the subject
Silverclock
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: LOWLIGHT FLOOR MATS... THE SOLUTION! Reply with quote

Hi All

Was thinking about placing an order. Curious if anyone's taken delivery yet?

Thanks
John Moxon Premium Member
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: LOWLIGHT FLOOR MATS... THE SOLUTION! Reply with quote

Silverclock wrote:
Hi All

Thanks

Yes...still ongoing.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: LOWLIGHT FLOOR MATS... THE SOLUTION! Reply with quote

Silverclock wrote:
Hi All

Thanks

I was the first to order and pay, got my full set months ago.

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1963 stretched double cab
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1967 21 window less rusty now
1973 Ghia convertible
grailoc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: LOWLIGHT FLOOR MATS... THE SOLUTION! Reply with quote

I placed my order and paid back in January, did not get my set yet.
But trusting into Luis.
My oldspeed 36hp autotechnik express build: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=670827
My garage build: http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=199438
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Silverclock
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: LOWLIGHT FLOOR MATS... THE SOLUTION! Reply with quote

thanks guys, appreciate the update.

John, the mats look awesome. Nice work!

Regards
boinkffd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: LOWLIGHT FLOOR MATS... THE SOLUTION! Reply with quote

Yes, I have mine and they are fantastic. Worth the investment.
Loren
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: LOWLIGHT FLOOR MATS... THE SOLUTION! Reply with quote

I placed my order early on and still don't have my mats. Fingers crossed that Luis delivers.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kgj
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:33 am    Post subject: Re: LOWLIGHT FLOOR MATS... THE SOLUTION! Reply with quote

Well, if Luis is reading this I could really do with my mats now.
I ordered and paid for them right at the start of production and now actually have a roadgoing car I could use them in!
Here's hoping it's soon.
lajs57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:08 am    Post subject: Re: LOWLIGHT FLOOR MATS... THE SOLUTION! Reply with quote

Hello guys,

I am in the process to resume production, I apologize for the delay, but be sure that I will deliver every set. I have been waiting to post, as I want to actually be in production, to give the good news, it should be shortly. I appreciate your patience, I understand your position and know that everyone loves their Ghia and wants to have their mats ASAP. Thank you for your understanding, I warranty that you will get and love your mats.

Luis
Og50on16's
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: LOWLIGHT FLOOR MATS... THE SOLUTION! Reply with quote

Ese es mi Gallo!!!
grailoc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: LOWLIGHT FLOOR MATS... THE SOLUTION! Reply with quote

lajs57 wrote:
Hello guys,

I am in the process to resume production, I apologize for the delay, but be sure that I will deliver every set. I have been waiting to post, as I want to actually be in production, to give the good news, it should be shortly. I appreciate your patience, I understand your position and know that everyone loves their Ghia and wants to have their mats ASAP. Thank you for your understanding, I warranty that you will get and love your mats.

Luis

You re the MAN Luis !!
My oldspeed 36hp autotechnik express build: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=670827
My garage build: http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=199438
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Srecko
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:28 am    Post subject: Re: LOWLIGHT FLOOR MATS... THE SOLUTION! Reply with quote

Hi Luis,
Are there any developments with the RHD mats?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 49, 50, 51  Next
Jump to:
Page 43 of 51

Jump to: