Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

T 25 birth certificate
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
trigg 58
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:21 am    Post subject: T 25 birth certificate Reply with quote

Hi .I am looking at getting a birth certificate for my van as I think it is produced earlier than the date of registration which is x reg 81. My chassis number is 25A0039112 which I think is a 79 -80. Please can anyone confirm this and give me anymore details from the van as possible , when would I be able to apply for Tax and Mot exemptions to the DVLA under the 40yr historic vehicle status. Also where can I get a birth certificate from and how much do they cost. Thanks.
kamzcab86
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:30 am    Post subject: Re: T 25 birth certificate Reply with quote

Certificates used to be ordered through VW's Auto Museum, but now are ordered via VW's Classic Parts: https://www.volkswagen-classic-parts.de/en/volkswagen-zertifikate.html .

trigg 58 wrote:
my van I think it is produced earlier than the date of registration which is x reg 81. My chassis number is 25A0039112 which I think is a 79 -80.

Your X-reg vehicle is a 1980 model year van, indicated by the 3rd digit in the VIN.
2016 Golf GTI S
"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance." - 孔子
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crazyvwvanman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: T 25 birth certificate Reply with quote

According to VW Parts info, your vin# was produced in November 1979, as a 1980 model.

Mark

trigg 58 wrote:
Hi .I am looking at getting a birth certificate for my van as I think it is produced earlier than the date of registration which is x reg 81. My chassis number is 25A0039112 which I think is a 79 -80. Please can anyone confirm this and give me anymore details from the van as possible , when would I be able to apply for Tax and Mot exemptions to the DVLA under the 40yr historic vehicle status. Also where can I get a birth certificate from and how much do they cost. Thanks.
E1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: T 25 birth certificate Reply with quote

I've called 1-800-DRIVE-VW and gotten the birthdate at least.

Not sure if they'd have data for buses delivered in a British ward, though. Wink

(and if you, I'd be at Brands Hatch watching our friend's race Sunday) Wink

— Colin Chapman
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
trigg 58
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:05 am    Post subject: Re: T 25 birth certificate Reply with quote

So does that mean when I get my certificate I can apply for the van to be tax and mot exemptions this coming November 2019.Also was looking on the vw classic parts site and it asks for engine number if known. I have the original 1.6ct number on my V5 logbook at the moment, but it has had a 2.00cu engine put in by previous owner. Which number should I put on the application form ,original or new.
kamzcab86
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: T 25 birth certificate Reply with quote

trigg 58 wrote:
Which [engine] number should I put on the application form ,original or new.

For a birth certificate, you'll need the engine number the van was built with. This will simply confirm that that engine is/was the factory-original.
2016 Golf GTI S
"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance." - 孔子
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: