Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

155/60r15 - what PSI?
Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Center Pin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:19 am    Post subject: 155/60r15 - what PSI? Reply with quote

On my 57 daily driver I just switched from 135r15s up front to 155/60r15s (wow what a difference). Set the pressure @ 18 psi, visually they look low on pressure, driving they feel too high. The tire are Achilles Atr-k Economist at $85 usd for the pair I couldn't pass them up.

For those running 155/60r15s what tire pressure have you found to be the sweet spot?
glutamodo Premium Member
The Android

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: 155/60r15 - what PSI? Reply with quote

Me, I'd try dropping them to 16 or 17 and see what they feel like. I'd not go any lower than that though. Yes they may "look" underinflated, but with the more rigid structure of radials, they are inherently more rigid overall.

IMAGE NOTE: It has been noted that Chrome based browsers may have issues in displaying my vast image library, which use non-secure links and are on an FTP server. Images should still be viewable if the link is clicked though.
I do not know how to fix this. All I can say is it all works fine for me with what I use, Firefox.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
QRP
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: 155/60r15 - what PSI? Reply with quote

60 profile tires usually have a stiffer side wall.

Just curious . . Are you running gas shocks in front or standard oil shocks?
Center Pin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:49 am    Post subject: Re: 155/60r15 - what PSI? Reply with quote

Running standard oil filled shocks, standard width adjustable beam, original rims, and a single set of caster shims.
ach60 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:58 am    Post subject: Re: 155/60r15 - what PSI? Reply with quote

All of the answers above are correct.
Check that something hasn't seized up in the front.
Honestly I let mine sit for a few years without checking tire pressure,
It drove weird one day, I found the front tire pressures @ 10 PSI Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: