Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Bulli Brigade 26 * At Daytona International Speedway * Nov 15-17
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
rkennedy5
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:45 pm    Post subject: Bulli Brigade 26 * At Daytona International Speedway * Nov 15-17 Reply with quote

Bulli Brigade 26 At the Daytona International Speedway – November 15 – 17, 2019. New venue, dates, and activities planned for longest running pre-67 bus show in the country. Bulli Brigade will be joining the Old City Oil Drippers 22nd running of the VW Turkey Run Show in St. Augustine to make it a full weekend of Volkswagen fun and a whole lot more.

In January of 2019, The HSR (Historic Sportscar Racing), invited the Bulli Brigade to hold our annual Split window bus gathering at the infield of the historic Daytona International Speedway during HSR’s Classic 24 Hour race weekend. The single venue provides a full weekend of automotive camaraderie where bus owners will share, on a world stage, the passion that brings us together each year.

What: Bulli Brigade 26
When: November 15 – 17, 2019
Where: 1801 W International Speedway Blvd, Daytona Beach, FL 32114

The weekend events include: All weekend come and go access to the Speedway property. Dog friendly camping, Cooking out, Swap meet, Friday evening all European meet and greet at Rock Bottom Brewery at One Daytona, a choice of two host hotels, Parade lap on the Daytona International Speedway for split bus drivers, an all Volkswagen Corral, a nearby off-site state park for those wanting a quieter natural camp setting, Historic sports car events which include 6 decades of production and prototype cars, access to the race paddock to view iconic racecars and often the legends who drove them.

Friday Night Meet and Greet:

Who: All Bulli Brigade & VW Turkey Run Show attendees invited. Coupon photo will be attached in Forum (Screenshot, print out, and bring with you).
What: Good food, Craft beer. A drop-in hangout spot across the street from the Speedway with a reserved parking lot for old VW’s and more.
When: Friday, 11/15/19 6pm – 9pm or until…
Where: Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery. 1864 Victory Circle
Daytona Beach, FL 32114
https://rockbottom.com/locations/daytona/

Saturday: Bulli Brigade Show and Swap. Vintage racing and race paddock access.

Saturday Night: Firework display at 8pm.

On Sunday there will be a Cruise from Bulli Brigade to Old City Oil Drippers 22ndAnnual VW Turkey Run in Historic St. Augustine, Florida.
VW Turkey Run information is…

Who: Old City Oil Drippers
What: 22nd Annual VW Turkey Run Car Show Fundraiser
When: Sunday, November 17th from 9am - 3pm
Where: The Florida School for the Deaf and the Blind located at 207 North San Marco Avenue St. Augustine, FL 32084

Bulli Brigade 26 Online Registration is open until November 7th. READ AND FOLLOW ONLINE ORDERING DIRECTIONS EXACTLY AS EXPLAINED BELOW FOR PROMOTION CODES TO WORK

IF PLANNING ON PURCHASING BULLI BRIGADE PACKAGE WHEN YOU GET TO THE SPEEDWAY, EACH PERSON MUST GIVE THE PROMOTION CODE FOR YOUR DESIRED PACKAGE AND PURCHASE THE PACKAGE FROM THE TICKET TRAILER BEFORE YOU WILL BE ADMITTED INTO THE SPEEDWAY.

There are two promo code options:
-First Promo Code is for the $40 Fri/Sat/Sun package. This package will be the 3 Day Access Ticket and Tent Camping Ticket. Although the HSR Website will not state this, it includes the following: Infield Car Pass, Camping Friday and Saturday night, Garage access armband, and Parade lap (Split busses only). Promo Code is: bbweekender

-Second Promo Code option is for the $35 day of show package (Which is a 24 event hence it spanning Sat/Sun). This package will be the 2 Day Access Ticket and Tent Camping Ticket. Although the HSR Website will not state this, it includes the following: Infield Vehicle Pass, Camping for Saturday night, Garage access armband, and Parade lap (Split busses only). Promo Code is: bbraceday

Children 12 & under are free and dogs Are allowed.

Directions are simple but very specific and will only work for a single package purchase per user account. **** You must create a separate User Account and follow the same procedure for each person attending aged 13 and older.

Directions below are for a desktop computer, adjust for mobile use.

From desktop browser enter in: https://www.hsrtickets.com
1. Create a user account. Click SIGN IN on top right of screen and click NO ACCOUNT? CREATE ONE HERE. Fill info and click SAVE.
2. at top of screen Click 2019 CLASSIC 24 HOUR.
3. Select either the 2019 CLASSIC 24 HOUR - 3 DAY ACCESS OR 2019 CLASSIC 24 HOUR - 2 DAY ACCESS package and ADD TO CART.
4. Then press CONTINUE SHOPPING and select 2019 24 HOUR - TENT CAMPING and ADD TO CART.
5. Then select PROCEED TO CHECKOUT.
6. Then click HAVE A PROMO CODE? Then enter the Promo Code you chose from above. Then click ADD and it will apply the discount and show you the total.
7. Then click PROCEED TO CHECKOUT and continue the payment process from there.

Nearby Off-Site State Campground: Tomoka State Park

Location: 2099 N Beach St Ormond Beach, FL 32174 1(386) 676-4050
Located 16 miles from Daytona International Speedway
Reservation link:
https://floridastateparks.reserveamerica.com/campi...kId=281076

Bulli Brigade 26 Host hotel information:

*** Fairfield Inn & Suites Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport***

This is the less expensive option, rates from $139

https://www.marriott.com/event-reservations/reserv...p=resvlink

*** The Daytona ***

The Daytona, Autograph Collection for 179 USD per night

Last Day to Book: Monday, October 14, 2019

[url] https://www.marriott.com/event-reservations/reserv...p=resvlink [/url]

SWAP AREA: This year the Bulli Brigade swap area is getting back to its roots, Split bus enthusiast meeting up for a weekend of hanging out, catching up, and swapping parts.

**** VENDING DISPLAYS FOR NEW PRODUCTS ARE NOT PERMITTED AT THIS VENUE EXCEPT THROUGH VENDING REGISTRATION VIA THE HSR WEBSITE AND WILL BE LOCATED IN THE HSR DESIGNATED VENDING AREA.

With that being said.... Gerson and the crew will be out SWAPPING that Funky Green Metal, BulliDriver Steel Works will be out in full force, and others will additionally be SWAPPING, not VENDING if you see where I'm going with this....

Buiil Brigade Show Categories:
Best Camper, Best Commercial, Best Custom, Best Passenger, Best Vintage, Hard Luck Award, Longest Distance, and Promoters Choice.

Don’t forget about the amazing Rare and Unique Slam 17 the week before Bulli weekend, those west Florida boy’s know how to put on a party.
When: November 8th.
Campers Welcome. Food will be served from 6-8pm. Drinks from 3pm to the very end.
Music from 6pm - Midnight
Admission $20.00

For more info: 941-752-9592 Brian or Kip
Email : [email protected]

Address:
2311 Whitfield Industrial Way
Sarasota, FL 34243

Last edited by rkennedy5 on Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:13 pm; edited 26 times in total
ezcamper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 26 * At Daytona International Speedway * Nov 15-17 Reply with quote

I'll be there.
I make HWE style roof racks, Jim-Dandy racks, SO-33 metal parts, Dormobile racks, HWE style ladders, engine crank start handles, Westy rack tags, Binz tags, Sundial badges, State of California tags, steering lock electrical covers and single / double cab gate latch friction blocks.

instagram is http://instagram.com/bullidriversteelworks
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
j.pickens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 26 * At Daytona International Speedway * Nov 15-17 Reply with quote

Oh, baby, really looking forward to this.
Not sure if I'm driving, gotta get a bus running reliably.
I blew up an engine on the way home from last year's Bulli.
Now all my buses are non-op.
Working on it, always good to have a big event to motivate me to get er done!

i wish more people would actually drive their vws rather than just talking about what they have in the garage.

Red Fau Veh wrote:
If you've seen one sunroof swivel seat kombi, you've seen them all! Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jmf337
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 26 * At Daytona International Speedway * Nov 15-17 Reply with quote

I’m in!!! Super stoked on this one, great idea y’all!
58deluxerag
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 26 * At Daytona International Speedway * Nov 15-17 Reply with quote

I'll be there. Can't wait! Cool

'58 Binz
'58 Beetle Ragtop
'65 Sundial
Cspider7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 26 * At Daytona International Speedway * Nov 15-17 Reply with quote

Trying like hell to get my bus ready, can’t wait!
vwtony2
Samba Member

Location: south of 19 degrees north and east of 65 degrees west.....

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 26 * At Daytona International Speedway * Nov 15-17 Reply with quote

Hell yeah!! Just booked the entire weekend!! See you all there!!
j.pickens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 26 * At Daytona International Speedway * Nov 15-17 Reply with quote

Hey Robert (rkennedy5),
I hope you don't mind, I just posted the Bullibrigade info as a new Calendar listing here on theSamba.

Just copied and pasted it exactly as you entered it.
If you need to make changes, let me know, or contact the moderators, they can help you update it as needed.

I also want to thank you so much for working to make this event happen. This could be the biggest thing on the VW bus scene since, well, the first Bullibrigade 26 years ago!

i wish more people would actually drive their vws rather than just talking about what they have in the garage.

Red Fau Veh wrote:
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rkennedy5
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:45 am    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 26 * At Daytona International Speedway * Nov 15-17 Reply with quote

Pickens, thanks for adding post to the Calendar listing. Really looking forward to this November!

Last edited by rkennedy5 on Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total
tlaaartz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 26 * At Daytona International Speedway * Nov 15-17 Reply with quote

Robert, Thanks for putting this together and working out the discounted pricing with Daytona and HSR. Tickets booked for the full weekend! Planning on pulling the heads on my 40 horse this weekend to make sure I don't win back to back best breakdown awards. Trying to convince other central NC VW gearheads to make the journey as I think it will be an epic weekend. Can't wait!! Fingers crossed for good weather in November.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Classifieds Feedback
Carlp336
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:52 am    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 26 * At Daytona International Speedway * Nov 15-17 Reply with quote

thanks for this info..

i actually bought the tickets in june for the

-2019 Classic 24 Hour - 4 Day Access

-2019 Classic 24 Hour - Infield Parking

looks like i still need to get the Tent camping pass. can i use a promo for just that since ive already bought the other?
rkennedy5
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 26 * At Daytona International Speedway * Nov 15-17 Reply with quote

Carlp336, the short answer is no. As ad states Promo Code is simple to use but directions for use are Very Specific. Check your PM for my suggestion when you get a chance, these suggestions should help rectify your June purchase, please keep me posted. Also, camping pass/parking pass is all part of the package HSR will be sending you. Thanks and see you in November!

Last edited by rkennedy5 on Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total
GarryA
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 26 * At Daytona International Speedway * Nov 15-17 Reply with quote

OK. I will say what I think a lot of others are thinking. Part of the draw for Bulli is Bug Jam being on the same weekend. I know a lot of the bus folk are not Bug Jam fans. But it sure was a great option for those who wanted to attend both events on the same weekend. It will difficult for many to have to choose one or the other of these events. As it may not be possible for all to travel to Florida two weekends in a row. Don't get me wrong. I appreciate all the effort anyone puts in to organize any VW event.
ezcamper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:36 am    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 26 * At Daytona International Speedway * Nov 15-17 Reply with quote

I agree with you Gary from a vendor point of view. I just can't set up 2 weekends in a row... it's way too much work. Lots of people come to FL to go to Bulli and Bug Jam. (the weekend).... I think both shows will have less attendance due to the split.

That being said, I'm looking forward to just vending at Bug Jam and enjoying Bulli in my bus (not vending). I think my bus has been to more Bulli Brigades than any other. I'll bring some parts but not the full spread, 8 tables, 3 popups, etc.
I make HWE style roof racks, Jim-Dandy racks, SO-33 metal parts, Dormobile racks, HWE style ladders, engine crank start handles, Westy rack tags, Binz tags, Sundial badges, State of California tags, steering lock electrical covers and single / double cab gate latch friction blocks.

instagram is http://instagram.com/bullidriversteelworks
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rkennedy5
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:49 am    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 26 * At Daytona International Speedway * Nov 15-17 Reply with quote

Agreed Garry and that was the hardest part of decision. Thank you for putting that out there and in the most positive way possible, I certainly get it. That being said, Sundays VW Turkey Run Show has always been a great show and I'm confident joining up with them for a full weekend of events and hanging out will not disappoint! After all, as much as it is about the vehicles, it's catching up with friends and like enthusiast that make the weekend. This venue allowed the opportunity to do just that and camping in a setting that encourages everything that Bulli was intended for from the beginning... Bringing split bus owners together for a weekend of camaraderie, swapping parts, and networking with other '67 and earlier split window bus fans.
j.pickens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 26 * At Daytona International Speedway * Nov 15-17 Reply with quote

Actually, I think the Bug Jam will do just fine. They have done a good job of extending from Sunday into Saturday, with new Saturday events each of the past three years, and camping Saturday night. This will give them a big opportunity to really go for the full weekend event if they want to.

I know that for the past two years I've headed to the Bugjam fairgrounds on Saturday afternoon after Bullibrigade, and it was very well attended, with off-road VW's on the track, early bird swap meet, and live bands entertaining.

For long distance (West Coast and international) visitors, doing a two weekend vacation, flying into Orlando, could be a great VW experience. Gee, what could a visitor do during the weekdays between the two events in the Orlando area?

Red Fau Veh wrote:
RAMZROD
Hammered™ Apparel

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 26 * At Daytona International Speedway * Nov 15-17 Reply with quote

So what’s the info for non-split bus vendors? I emailed but no response yet

looking for vintage plate frame from Ramsey, NJ
Bus Build Page
http://www.hammeredapparel.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
wide5guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:40 am    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 26 * At Daytona International Speedway * Nov 15-17 Reply with quote

Wow! this is going to be an amazing weekend! Thanks Robert for putting in the hard work and getting the discounting for us. I for one am looking forward to what this weekend will become. Yes it was tough to split from the BugJam weekend but this event will grow with VW Turkey Run and become a great event as well. There's always growing pains when you move a show but BugJam is now a full weekend event and they will be just fine. I feel this will be an epic, fun event we will all enjoy! Now I just need to get my bus back on the road......
rkennedy5
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 26 * At Daytona International Speedway * Nov 15-17 Reply with quote

RAMZROD, I've updated the original post explaining vending a little better and shot you a pm. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Aaron, your very welcome my man! Excited things are coming together....now to predict Florida weather for November 15,16,17!
rkennedy5
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 26 * At Daytona International Speedway * Nov 15-17 Reply with quote

New information on initial posting for Friday evening meet and greet. Screenshot and Print coupon out and bring with you if you'd like.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: