Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 143, 144, 145 ... 155, 156, 157  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
Yustrn
JHC Controla

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:29 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
nlorntson wrote:
Does "full nut and bolt restoration" mean the correct nuts and bolts and fenders and apron and taillight and seats and molding...

Or just whatever nuts and bolts and parts you happen to have to bolt on?

I don't know why but that was super funny to me. Very Happy

Nuts and bolts, someone's getting screwed?

(No offense to the owner, just thought the saying was timely)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
René R.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

"MOST VALUABLE VW EVER BUILT"

Buy It Now for $49,000:

Quote:
Great custom look always gets lots of attention and complements! [sic]
CAR TOTAL VALUE SO FAR CLOSE TO $80,000

51 IS VIRTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND in fact there is not another one available for sale anywhere in the country. The last one that sold out of Texas sold for $120000.

This is by far the most important and valuable VW ever built!

THERE IS NO OTHER 51 FOR SALE IN THE USA!

THE 51 BEETLE IS STILL THE MOST VALUABLE BEETLE EVER MADE IN MY OPINION

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Rolling Eyes
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:19 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

^^ he could have a point, after all that interior is priceless! Crying or Very sad

nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect...
splitjunkie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

A '51 shouldn't have trim on the rear windows....

You know, a lot of these scratches will buff right out... Jerry Seinfeld
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:19 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

Quote:
Interior Color: custom wood grain

What, no mention of the type of wood?

Is it wrong that I'm skeptical of his "this will support our orphanage in Ethiopia"?
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
splitjunkie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
Quote:
Interior Color: custom wood grain

What, no mention of the type of wood?

Is it wrong that I'm skeptical of his "this will support our orphanage in Ethiopia"?

Unfortunately your reaction to the orphanage was the same as mine. If it really is true then that's great but we have seen all too many scams using the needy as the bait.

The Nigerian Prince scam emails also don't help. I think they taint things for any African country, especially poor ones.

You know, a lot of these scratches will buff right out... Jerry Seinfeld
vwsplitboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:54 am    Post subject: Thanks shin for the up dates Reply with quote

Been a year still no feature article . Would like to apologize to my friends and family I told it was common out . Seems like I’m a big liar when I told every one ,I know .took me two years blood sweat tears , wheel barrels of money . Me painting and doing 90% of the work . The one brief moment I did speak with him on the phone he wanted to ask if I had sold my car that made a difference also. After 15 years blood sweat and tears have I sold my car ha ha funny. Told me to wait another four months. Numerous calls no luck on nailing down a date or a time.thank you dream crusher.

banana split
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

^^^ Car looks beautiful.
1964 Chop Top
vwsplitboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

Thanks a lot . It was a labor of love . Not really a show guy . As far as showing my car . Rushed to get it done a week early because I knew hot VWs was going to be at the show.
Blue Baron
VW Aficionado

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

That doesn't mean it still won't show up. Show coverage can take 9 or 10 months to get published, and car features much longer.

Heinz Nordhoff
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwsplitboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

Initially when I talk to him he said six months. Then six months turn into four more months. Which is now a year. The one time I did ask him when he thought it might come out. He asked if I sold my car. I’m just saying how hard would it be to give me a rough idea .Instead of being so vague. I was super excited to hear he was going to be in a magazine. But the disappointment is crushing every time you look in the magazine and it’s not there yet. I’ve been doing Vw for decades. I was in Readers ride of hot VWs once in the early 90s it was neat I wanted to be in the magazine . This is a bucket list type a thing. I can only wait and hope !
bwaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:53 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

because they're asking $75K, I think it's fair to pick it apart. https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2307130

Restored? the seat stitching is wrong, a brake fluid reservoir up top wrong, a green/olive firewall mat up front, rear engine firewall board wrong, non matching number motor, not a solid emblem on the front hood, no semaphores, wrong front hood handle, wrong wiper arms, where's the rest of the hood seal? wrong ignition switch, side trim not the correct matte finish, silver bolts everywhere is wrong, no rear ashtray, wrong front ashtray holder, black fuel reserve handle wrong, where's the non switched dome light? plastic glovebox wrong, no witch hats, that headliner at the rear of the sunroof not a great fit, incorrect rubber wire cover to the rear lights, all black rims? where are the front body bolts by the brakeline? Why does the door chrome not line up on either side? The incorrect 25 horse already built isn't included in the deal? A big ask at $75K! $40K... more the price?
empiracer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

bwaz wrote:
because they're asking $75K, I think it's fair to pick it apart. https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2307130

Restored? the seat stitching is wrong, a brake fluid reservoir up top wrong, a green/olive firewall mat up front, rear engine firewall board wrong, non matching number motor, not a solid emblem on the front hood, no semaphores, wrong front hood handle, wrong wiper arms, where's the rest of the hood seal? wrong ignition switch, side trim not the correct matte finish, silver bolts everywhere is wrong, no rear ashtray, wrong front ashtray holder, black fuel reserve handle wrong, where's the non switched dome light? plastic glovebox wrong, no witch hats, that headliner at the rear of the sunroof not a great fit, incorrect rubber wire cover to the rear lights, all black rims? where are the front body bolts by the brakeline? Why does the door chrome not line up on either side? The incorrect 25 horse already built isn't included in the deal? A big ask at $75K! $40K... more the price?

While we’re at it - incorrect decklid , pop out windows and antenna w/ no radio
sled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

wrong front seats as well which is a big $$ item to rectify. They look like 56-later with modified bases to have the little 'ear'

bwaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

sled wrote:
wrong front seats as well which is a big $$ item to rectify. They look like 56-later with modified bases to have the little 'ear'

good eye!
FRK Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

empiracer wrote:
bwaz wrote:

While we’re at it - incorrect decklid , pop out windows and antenna w/ no radio

I don't see the triangle under the hood where the VW emblem is and it seems like the hood prop is on the hinge bolt. also, I don't see the 4 brick crest. Think

50 11A
49 11
48 11
RVA Car Club

Last edited by FRK on Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bwaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

out of curiousity, i tried later seats in my zwitter, but they were super close to the door panels with just that bit of extra width, just like these.

I now see how the frame rubs the material when the backrest is pushed forward, that won't wear well at all.
bwaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

and I'm pretty sure the herringbone doesn't run under the window before the panel) I don't see any "L" luggage brackets under the rear window either?

Last edited by bwaz on Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:21 am; edited 1 time in total
bwaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

even on an older un-restored zwitter, those stitched strips on the rear seat are supposed to be padded and raised like this.
bwaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

if the car was from Germany, wouldn't the speedo be in KM not in MPH? Hard to see if the speedo has the right arrows
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 143, 144, 145 ... 155, 156, 157  Next
Jump to:
Page 144 of 157

Jump to: