Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts  See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

The largest VW graveyard in the west? Tom Tom
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Jump to:
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
notchback
Insensitive Jerk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: The largest VW graveyard in the west? Tom Tom Reply with quote

67_13Deluxe wrote:
campingbox wrote:
EverettB wrote:
From Google Maps, it doesn't look to be on a highway frontage and I can't see the freeway from the street view so any additional value from that seems unwarranted IMHO.

Maybe someone who has been there can confirm differently.

Itís been 10-15 years since I have been to Moab but I believe the junkyard is somewhat visible from the small highway that runs through town. That is assuming the properties right along the highway havenít been built up.

Does anyone know if thatís a reasonable price for a commercial property in Moab? I would have expected less but itís possible Moab has gone through some changes since Iíve been there last.

From what I hear that is pretty reasonable for Moab. The properties around the museum are going for more than that. Moab is turning into a tourist trap.

I was just down at the museum last weekend. Everything is lined up and a lot of the vehicles that were there are gone now. its looking pretty good but sad to see it all disappear. I bought a 63 Beetle from him last month. And had to go down there to pick up some things for it.
My brother-in-law and his business partner just recently bought the last piece of land available on the river in Moab. They goal is a hotel and a glamping camp ground. Lots of money for an empty chunk of land and lots of money so far for permits, zoning, engineering, surveying, etc. Probably more than I'll make in my lifetime.

FU#3
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: The largest VW graveyard in the west? Tom Tom Reply with quote

I Love that people price whined in this thread...

Quote:
also remember something like each vehicle was $2500, non-negotiable.

And walked out in a huff.

6k for a Split, too. Ridiculous....
NoDents
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: The largest VW graveyard in the west? Tom Tom Reply with quote

I was in Moab this past Sunday and stopped by Tom Tom's VW museum. Very sad. Lots of VW potential rotting away.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Maybe now that "my friend Pete" has moved from Texas to Moab, someone can get him interested in restoring a few of them. He's about 5 miles down the road.

Really a shame since I'm a vert Ghia guy to see a 70s and a 60s vert sitting there. About 10 Ghias all together. Crying or Very sad

No split window buses, only Bay and Van models.

1963 Bug - Sold in 1980
1966 Karmann Ghia Convertible - Stolen in 1988
1971 Karmann Ghia Convertible, resto/mod in process, 2 years in... maybe complete in 1 more year.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
67_13Deluxe
Samba Resident Alien

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:09 am    Post subject: Re: The largest VW graveyard in the west? Tom Tom Reply with quote

Last I heard the beetles were selling for 800 a piece and the busses were going for 100 a piece. it looks like he has a lot left over from when I was down there earlier this year.
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:11 pm    Post subject: Re: The largest VW graveyard in the west? Tom Tom Reply with quote

67_13Deluxe wrote:
Last I heard the beetles were selling for 800 a piece and the busses were going for 100 a piece. it looks like he has a lot left over from when I was down there earlier this year.

Im just happy that someone on Samba can spell "busses" correctly.

I've given up on grammar, spelling, and Oxford commas.
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: The largest VW graveyard in the west? Tom Tom Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
67_13Deluxe wrote:

Im just happy that someone on Samba can spell "busses" correctly.

I've given up on grammar, spelling, and Oxford commas.

Most sources list the plural form of "bus" as "buses."

Reminds me of the topic in the '70s (and in recent Presidential debates) about forced student busing in public schools. I saw a bumper sticker that said "Stop Forced Bussing" which meant to stop forced kissing, a problem which I was unaware of...
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Jump to:
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: