Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Best replacement front rubber floor mat?
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thompson2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:43 pm    Post subject: Best replacement front rubber floor mat? Reply with quote

Mine managed to rip itself in half when I picked it up from one end (therse things are old... make sure you support it well when you pick them up), so I was scoping out what my stupidity was going to cost...

Looks like they're available from multiple vendors (WW, CIP1, VWISP). All of them are within a few bucks of each other. Anyone have experience with more than one of these? Wondering how they compare...

WW says they make theirs, so do the other vendors buy from them or are there multiple companies making these?

Thanks!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sgellis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Best replacement front rubber floor mat? Reply with quote

I got mine from CIP1.
https://www.cip1.ca/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=C24-211-863-711-E
Seams good quality but I don't have an original to compare it to. Had to cut out the dimmer switch though.
The Nova Scotian Barndoor (YouTube)
The Nova Scotian Barndoor (CAD drawings)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
zozo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Best replacement front rubber floor mat? Reply with quote

I got mine from WW about a dozen years ago. It’s held up very well. Pretty heavy, waffle back. Zero negatives aside from, as was mentioned, the dimmer switch hole has to be cut.
Thompson2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: Best replacement front rubber floor mat? Reply with quote

zozo wrote:
as was mentioned, the dimmer switch hole has to be cut.

Any idea why they don't cut them out? And in the area that needs to be cut, is the mat flat on the back or "waffled" like the main portion?
nlorntson
Crazy VW Lady

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:24 am    Post subject: Re: Best replacement front rubber floor mat? Reply with quote

Thompson2 wrote:

Any idea why they don't cut them out?

Maybe to accommodate the 66 and 67 buses that don't use a floor mounted switch?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sgellis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Best replacement front rubber floor mat? Reply with quote

Thompson2 wrote:
zozo wrote:
as was mentioned, the dimmer switch hole has to be cut.

Any idea why they don't cut them out? And in the area that needs to be cut, is the mat flat on the back or "waffled" like the main portion?

Mine was. No big deal to cut out the "waffle" and then make the hole.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...;start=713
The Nova Scotian Barndoor (YouTube)
The Nova Scotian Barndoor (CAD drawings)
Thompson2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Best replacement front rubber floor mat? Reply with quote

nlorntson wrote:
Thompson2 wrote:

Any idea why they don't cut them out?

Maybe to accommodate the 66 and 67 buses that don't use a floor mounted switch?

That would make sense. I was wondering which years didn't have them. Guess is was too much trouble to make 2 versions..

sgellis wrote:
Mine was. No big deal to cut out the "waffle" and then make the hole.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...;start=713

Perfect! I've decided to attempt a repair on this one, but if that goes south or is horribly unsatisfactory, I have options.

I just need to find a couple of chunks of a roached one to fix the holes worn by the POs heels...
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: