Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Totaled '71 Sunroof Deluxe, totally came to me!
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Pilch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Totaled '71 Sunroof Deluxe, totally came to me! Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Today, after routing the sender wire from the oil pressure relief valve location to the gauge (and a very nice job it was too), I took the bus on a drive, about 45 minutes worth. It was 94F, I idled it long, I drove around town, I drove fast up the canyon road, drove on the highway to 65mph for a while, drove back into town and idled some more on my driveway. Never got hotter (according to the gauge) than this ^^^

Now, I understand the accuracy of these can be a little wobbly, but I am very happy to know that it works, and seeing as this is a precautionary measure, I'm pleased with this little project.

I also changed the dashboard bulbs and cleaned up those tiny little grounds on the bulb holders. I now have a fully working dashboard. Nice.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: