Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Quick bolt size check: Transmission mounts
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
gregb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:22 am    Post subject: Quick bolt size check: Transmission mounts Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

I am installing new transmission mounts and brace today but I dont have the hardware for the bottom bolts in the picture below. Hoping someone can let me know the proper size and I'll hit the hardware store on the way home.

I'm pretty sure the head is 13mm, but not sure of the rest.

Cheers,

*Photo borrowed.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:27 am    Post subject: Re: Quick bolt size check: Transmission mounts Reply with quote

M8x1.25

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
gregb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:31 am    Post subject: Re: Quick bolt size check: Transmission mounts Reply with quote

Thanks a Lot Glenn!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ricaroo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: Quick bolt size check: Transmission mounts Reply with quote

Where did you get the mounts, I need to replace mine and I don’t want the red ones🙄

Thank You,
Rick
cjsuner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: Quick bolt size check: Transmission mounts Reply with quote

ricaroo wrote:
Where did you get the mounts, I need to replace mine and I don’t want the red ones🙄

Thank You,
Rick

Those look like some CB Rhino mounts, from CB performance. I have them on mine, they work great.
gregb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: Quick bolt size check: Transmission mounts Reply with quote

I just got mine from here.

https://www.cip1.ca/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=VWC%2D113%2D301%2D263
ricaroo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: Quick bolt size check: Transmission mounts Reply with quote

Did you get the extra Heavy Duty?

Thanks, sorry to be a pest...
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: Quick bolt size check: Transmission mounts Reply with quote

You can still get genuine VW mounts.

This is a Type 1 mount.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2182676

I used Type 2 mounts since they are a bit stronger.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ricaroo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: Quick bolt size check: Transmission mounts Reply with quote

Thank You everyone for the information

Rick
gregb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: Quick bolt size check: Transmission mounts Reply with quote

ricaroo wrote:
Did you get the extra Heavy Duty?

Thanks, sorry to be a pest...

I just got the standard ones, I didn't even notice you can get HD ones.
gregb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:44 am    Post subject: Re: Quick bolt size check: Transmission mounts Reply with quote

Got them installed along with a new cross brace and some Sachs shocks while I was under there, figured it was a good time.
Throw out bearing is good and no leaks from rear seal so I think I'm good to install engine. Thanks for help!

Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Quick bolt size check: Transmission mounts Reply with quote

You'd be better off putting the jack stands under the torsion tube as far to the outside of the car.

A wider stance is more stable and you're not putting the weight of the car on the frame horns.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
gregb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Quick bolt size check: Transmission mounts Reply with quote

Okay, good to know. I'll switch it up after work.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: