Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Next project: 66 EZ Camper
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ScottMcW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Next project: 66 EZ Camper Reply with quote

Well yeah, I had to be able to plug in the CB for those Havasu trips of course! Long rides, and lots of trivia. I remember meeting up with VTO in Parker at something like 1 in the morning, and we were all talking all the way in to BBB. (I think that was maybe BBB 3?)

Good times!
pyrOman
Fire Master

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:27 am    Post subject: Re: Next project: 66 EZ Camper Reply with quote

Last job for me to do here was installing the CE safaris.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

The install is basically the same as Wolfgang’s. However, I found a few “issues” with CE. Their instructions were very vague and then there was the hardware...

While they sent “everything” needed including the wiper offset pieces, though nice stainless, the nuts were ALL too small for the bolts! WTF? Confused
peecee69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:31 am    Post subject: Re: Next project: 66 EZ Camper Reply with quote

pyrOman wrote:

The install is basically the same as Wolfgang’s. However, I found a few “issues” with CE. Their instructions were very vague and then there was the hardware...

While they sent “everything” needed including the wiper offset pieces, though nice stainless, the nuts were ALL too small for the bolts! WTF? Confused

Since you've installed both Wolfgang and CE, which would you recommend? Or, should I just bend over and hold out for an actual VW set?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pyrOman
Fire Master

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Next project: 66 EZ Camper Reply with quote

Wolfgang's ALL THE WAY! Cool

Done about 7 sets, one including the rear hatch! While not necessarily "easy peasy", the CE's needed more work having to (per their instructions) first install the frames, then remove them, then paint them, then install the tempered glass unto the frames, THEN finally install them back on the bus! Rolling Eyes

Iffin you could "score" ($$$) on an original vw set, I'd guess there'd also be the rebuilt/restore issue with them added to the process. Confused
peecee69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Next project: 66 EZ Camper Reply with quote

pyrOman wrote:
Wolfgang's ALL THE WAY! Cool

Done about 7 sets, one including the rear hatch! While not necessarily "easy peasy", the CE's needed more work having to (per their instructions) first install the frames, then remove them, then paint them, then install the tempered glass unto the frames, THEN finally install them back on the bus! Rolling Eyes

Iffin you could "score" ($$$) on an original vw set, I'd guess there'd also be the rebuilt/restore issue with them added to the process. Confused

Awesome. Ordered. Guy I spoke with seemed pretty cool. Said the powder coated ones are very close to a Toyota color. Hopefully I can get that code somewhere.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
turbo_g
Father of Samba Cookie Lover

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Next project: 66 EZ Camper Reply with quote

I've had Wolfgang on two buses, they are great. I had one crack (passenger side) running through the heat on the 395 to Mammoth, told Wolfgang about it and they shipped out a new piece of glass PRONTO. No charge. They care.

I'll buy them again.
SV2s Member #425
type241
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Next project: 66 EZ Camper Reply with quote

Wolfgang will also ship you the frames bare so you can paint/powder coat the color of YOUR choosing. You send the frames back and they assemble them.

I haven't done this with them in awhile, but worth checking into unless you like Toyota colors on your VW.
gondiwindi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Next project: 66 EZ Camper Reply with quote

I had front and rear safaris installed on my 67. I was in the same place because it’s not a cheap investment plus I wasn’t screwing around and had them professionally installed. Fortunately my bus is honest and the metal work is in really solid shape. The Wolfgang windows operate and look excellent and I am really happy with the results.

This all being said a bus with any safaris - even ones made of cardboard beat the daylights out of a bus with fixed glass windows. Especially down here in the shit!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: