Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Jake Lake Engines aka Ken Morgan - Update: Lawsuit
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
SamboSamba22
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Jake Lake Engines aka Ken Morgan - Update: Lawsuit Reply with quote

I am hesitant to mention anything on this thread, as I am not making or stating any facts or judgement against Mr. Ken Morgan. I am merely sharing my discoveries via communication with him over the last week.

First and foremost, he is very polite and knowledgable over the phone. Has kept good communication with me over again, the course of the last week or so. I was going to purchase a 1776 long block from him, and after doing some research last night and reading very poor reviews, decided against it.

Again, it was my decision, and my own choice to select someone to do business and build me an engine. I chose not to work with him, because the verdict was and seemingly is, still against his character.

In knowing this, I decided to buy an engine from a friend which led me to drive pass his new business of operation, which is "located" in Fort Smith, AR. Below is the image of Apple maps of the same address linked on his website bug motion.com (no space) Also makes mentioning to be affiliated with FSA (An FSA Company)

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Please note that upon my return to Arkansas, I decided to drive by his shop to see and give chance to the man, that he had ended dishonest ways and begun a new venture.
The address stated, mentioning on his website of unit 235? The highest unit in this strip mall was 58. Only two vacant units? Numbers 27&28, sandwiched between Gingles Clothing on the corner and a Nutritional joint.

A directory on the brick column of one of the corners of the mall:

I am not by any means stating this gentleman is doing dishonest work, or is misleading people. It is in my own personal experience and observation that validated today, his address via his website simply does not exist. The opinion or creditability of this I leave to the public to make their own conclusions.

Mr. Ken Morgan again was very polite and knowledgable on the phone, was respectful when I told him I had a change of plans. I went with my gut and decided to take my business elsewhere.

As in any matter working with independent shops or mechanics, please proceed with caution.
-Sam

Oct. ’67 Double Cab (’68 Crew Cab)
[url=http://www.vw-mplate.com/mplate-44412.png]Click to view image[/URL]
March '69 Delivery (Panel Bus)
[url=http://www.vw-mplate.com/mplate-44414.png]Click to view image[/URL]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: Jake Lake Engines aka Ken Morgan - Update: Lawsuit Reply with quote

that address is a UPS store. He has a mailbox at a UPS store. That is very common and very legal
SamboSamba22
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: Jake Lake Engines aka Ken Morgan - Update: Lawsuit Reply with quote

Erik G wrote:
that address is a UPS store. He has a mailbox at a UPS store. That is very common and very legal

As I stated, I am not mentioning of any illegal business taking place here or being conducted by this man.
I am merely sharing my observation. One would think a business would have a building. I have a small shop and I’ve managed to fill mine. Don’t know where one could place a line-bore machine or a simple valve springs compressor tool at the UPS store. If I had a P.O. Box at the post office, I’d be weary to conduct business with that engine builder if he doesn’t have grounds or a base that is visible to the public. My pennies and opinion, dismiss it if necessary.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
blatzer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:47 am    Post subject: Re: Jake Lake Engines aka Ken Morgan - Update: Lawsuit Reply with quote

its now FSA Motors dba Bug Motion- talks a good game- builds dirt encrusted crap- what else can you say- avoid avoid avoid
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
blatzer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Jake Lake Engines aka Ken Morgan - Update: Lawsuit Reply with quote

he also never returned some of my engine parts (stole them) when i posted his business here
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
the joker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:08 am    Post subject: Re: Jake Lake Engines aka Ken Morgan - Update: Lawsuit Reply with quote

Waterboxer Inc. stole my new parts , stole the engine long block, and stole all my fucking money, AVOID AVOID AVOID

Edric C is good friends with the hand planker, also Bryan W is connected some how again avoid avoid avoid

who's running the class action suit ?
txgunslinger
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2023 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Jake Lake Engines aka Ken Morgan - Update: Lawsuit Reply with quote

I just got off the phone with a Ken Morgan. I responded to a Craigslist ad about air cooled engines for $1100 I emailed about. First thing I asked is how is he doing work that seems to hover over $4000 for only $1100. He said $1100 is a basic engine and the 1776 I’m interested in is $1700. He includes a 7 month warranty provided it’s tuned to his specs (32 degrees?) which seems fair. Says he works in a four state area; Texas, Arkansas, Oklahoma and one other I can’t remember. He sounded decent enough and knowledgeable, but then I am no expert on anything VW yet since my car doesn’t even run (project status). The number he called me from is (479) 763-4400. Says he does free pick up and delivery and is in Austin about once a month for deliveries (I’m in SA). So no one has had any luck dealing with this guy? Too good to be true? Is a 1776 long block for $1700 a pipe dream? Dang… says he has all the tools to do transaxle work too. I was gonna save up and use Randy in Comfort, TX. I actually stopped by his shop and met him and it looked like he did top notch work, but starting at $4200. Guess I better start budgeting.
the joker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2023 7:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Jake Lake Engines aka Ken Morgan - Update: Lawsuit Reply with quote

Avoid theses con artist

I was screwed over Arrow $ Arrow time Arrow fucking gray hairs

If I every run into one of theses fuckers God help the both of us

cuz it aint gonna be good

avoid that fucking holy roller Bryan W( parts guy on Samba) he's involve some how to

Bryan contacted me once "told me he was going to make it right $ " sent me fucking $10 to my pay pal fucking joke the whole lot of them

some where there is a class action suit of course that ls bullshit
SamboSamba22
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2023 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Jake Lake Engines aka Ken Morgan - Update: Lawsuit Reply with quote

There isn’t a shop or individual who can craft a quality longblock for less than about $2800. And that’s wholesale costs on parts and getting the labor at next to nothing. I’d expect $3500 and up.

And avoid these cheapo creeps. Your gut is telling you over and over it isn’t a good deal, nor the right move. It’s too good to be true. Move on, save your money, and do it once.

Sam

txgunslinger
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2023 11:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Jake Lake Engines aka Ken Morgan - Update: Lawsuit Reply with quote

SamboSamba22 wrote:
There isn’t a shop or individual who can craft a quality longblock for less than about $2800. And that’s wholesale costs on parts and getting the labor at next to nothing. I’d expect $3500 and up.

And avoid these cheapo creeps. Your gut is telling you over and over it isn’t a good deal, nor the right move. It’s too good to be true. Move on, save your money, and do it once.

Sam

Agreed. Thanks for confirming my suspicions. Moving on. Who knows, except for machining, I’ll learn more, have more fun and be able to get better parts if I build it myself. Plus I have this forum as a resource. What could possibly go wrong lol
Ian
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: Jake Lake Engines aka Ken Morgan - Update: Lawsuit Reply with quote

Ken Morgan is operating out of Dallas, Texas now.
**ACHTUNG DO NOT USE AA BRAND PRODUCTS OR BUY ANYTHING FROM PACIFIC PARTS INTERNATIONAL IN CALIFORNIA**
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: