Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Split Bus Converge Bug Jam Weekend
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
fotoroadie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:56 am    Post subject: Split Bus Converge Bug Jam Weekend Reply with quote

Let's discuss the void left by Bulli Brigade exit.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Tomasz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:10 am    Post subject: Re: Split Bus Converge Bug Jam Weekend Reply with quote

fotoroadie wrote:

Bug Jam offers activities throughout the weekend now starting with Friday so if one is looking to fill a "BB void" on Saturday morning head to Bug Jam. One can either hang out at the Fairgrounds or downtown Dade City.

IMHO the attendance / impact on the Bug Jam will be minimal, if any.

Not sure what's happening on Friday night, if anything at all.

Perhaps one day BB will return "home" Cool T
'87 - 16" Syncro High Top (1.9 TD)
'88 - Westy (EJ25)
'14 - Jetta Sportswagen (2.0 TDI)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
j.pickens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Split Bus Converge Bug Jam Weekend Reply with quote

You talk about two big VW events on consecutive weekends a hundred miles apart like it's a bad thing?

i wish more people would actually drive their vws rather than just talking about what they have in the garage.

Red Fau Veh wrote:
If you've seen one sunroof swivel seat kombi, you've seen them all! Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
fotoroadie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:03 am    Post subject: Re: Split Bus Converge Bug Jam Weekend Reply with quote

j.pickens wrote:
You talk about two big VW events on consecutive weekends a hundred miles apart like it's a bad thing?

I assume by your comment & seeing you have received the long distance award, that you are driving from New Jersey to Bug Jam, going home, then driving back to Daytona the following weekend.

I admire you for that. But, if you're not going to do that, then yes, this is a bad thing.
Touch Nicks Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: Split Bus Converge Bug Jam Weekend Reply with quote

fotoroadie wrote:
j.pickens wrote:

I assume by your comment & seeing you have received the long distance award, that you are driving from New Jersey to Bug Jam, going home, then driving back to Daytona the following weekend.

I admire you for that. But, if you're not going to do that, then yes, this is a bad thing.

Have you ever driven to Bulli Brigade in a split bus?
fotoroadie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Split Bus Converge Bug Jam Weekend Reply with quote

Touch Nicks Thing wrote:
fotoroadie wrote:
j.pickens wrote:

Have you ever driven to Bulli Brigade in a split bus?

Yes, for the last few years in a '64. Think 2014 was my first. Don't particularly want to do that two weekends in a row. Between the two I'm choosing Bug Jam weekend.
Touch Nicks Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Split Bus Converge Bug Jam Weekend Reply with quote

And how many miles was your weekend?
fotoroadie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Split Bus Converge Bug Jam Weekend Reply with quote

Touch Nicks Thing wrote:
And how many miles was your weekend?

Off this topic - go to

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=723480
fotoroadie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Split Bus Converge Bug Jam Weekend Reply with quote

Tomasz wrote:
fotoroadie wrote:

Bug Jam offers activities throughout the weekend now starting with Friday so if one is looking to fill a "BB void" on Saturday morning head to Bug Jam. One can either hang out at the Fairgrounds or downtown Dade City.

Yes, Saturday, amass downtown Dade City I'm thinking 8-Noon Split Buses everywhere - kinda like a underground Cars & Coffee thing.
jbbugs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:17 am    Post subject: Re: Split Bus Converge Bug Jam Weekend Reply with quote

I think the BB relocation and date will have some sort of impact on both events.
Mainly to those traveling from out of town. I’m going to both of them to see for myself. I hate to miss a swap meet as good as the Bugjam has always been, and being a Racing fan who’s been to the Classic 24 event.... I already know what a cool venue it is. Sure it’s a lot of driving and time off, but I think it’ll be worth it.

69 OG paint Transporter
73' Super Beetle Champcar Endurance Roadracer
Patina my ass, that's a Rust Bucket!
FritzCP
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Split Bus Converge Bug Jam Weekend Reply with quote

its a real bummer they Split the shows apart. Id have to choose one or the other. Id love to see an informal Bus gathering on Saturday to fill the void for those of us who cant stay for the Official Bulli show the next week.
Fritz 70 - 6306 Bearing Puller
Fritz 44 - Dizzy Puller
Scott13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Split Bus Converge Bug Jam Weekend Reply with quote

fotoroadie wrote:
Tomasz wrote:
fotoroadie wrote:

Yes, Saturday, amass downtown Dade City I'm thinking 8-Noon Split Buses everywhere - kinda like a underground Cars & Coffee thing.

Now this is a great idea! Count me in on hanging out on Saturday morning! Any thoughts of exact location?
fotoroadie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:18 am    Post subject: Re: Split Bus Converge Bug Jam Weekend Reply with quote

Scott13 wrote:
fotoroadie wrote:
Tomasz wrote:
fotoroadie wrote:

Now this is a great idea! Count me in on hanging out on Saturday morning! Any thoughts of exact location?

Like said above - Flash Mob downtown Dade City early AM - park anywhere u can find - Split Buses sprinkled throughout downtown.
Jeff Pyzyk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:26 am    Post subject: Re: Split Bus Converge Bug Jam Weekend Reply with quote

I am bummed that BB is a different weekend. I like the idea of an informal gathering in downtown Dade on Saturday. See you there.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: