Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts  See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1981 Scirocco fun
Forum Index -> Water-cooled VW Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Island411
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:04 pm    Post subject: 1981 Scirocco fun Reply with quote

Hey all.

Thought I'd share my mk1 '81 scirocco. Picked this up as a complete car from an older fella about 1.5hr away from home. Needs a ton of work and love because it's been off the road since 1997 but I mean, for something this good, I couldn't go wrong for $100 🙈

Progress will be slow as I'm expected my first child, but anytime I get anything done, I'll be sure to update here.

This first picture is where's it's sat forever before I got it,
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

vwjunkie3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:38 am    Post subject: Re: 1981 Scirocco fun Reply with quote

Nice Scirocco!! It has a lot of potential. Very cool color also.
dubsteez79
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: 1981 Scirocco fun Reply with quote

Sweet! Looks like a nice starting point. If you need any CIS parts, I am about to swap my CIS-lambda fuel system for a carb setup and I also have extra hard parts that Id be willing to let go of. Ive also went through every component on a CIS-L car so maybe I can help when you run into problems. We are here to help save the dubs!
Island411
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: 1981 Scirocco fun Reply with quote

vwjunkie3 wrote:
Nice Scirocco!! It has a lot of potential. Very cool color also.

Thanks! It was such a good buy, I couldn't let it go.
Island411
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: 1981 Scirocco fun Reply with quote

dubsteez79 wrote:
Sweet! Looks like a nice starting point. If you need any CIS parts, I am about to swap my CIS-lambda fuel system for a carb setup and I also have extra hard parts that Id be willing to let go of. Ive also went through every component on a CIS-L car so maybe I can help when you run into problems. We are here to help save the dubs!

Thanks for the heads up! But all goes well, I won't be keeping the CIS. it'll likely end up with a VR swap or potentially a AWP 1.8T

that being said, I may need the CIS to be in working order for a summer or two before I get my swap on the go
dubsteez79
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:42 am    Post subject: Re: 1981 Scirocco fun Reply with quote

Island411 wrote:
dubsteez79 wrote:

Thanks for the heads up! But all goes well, I won't be keeping the CIS. it'll likely end up with a VR swap or potentially a AWP 1.8T

that being said, I may need the CIS to be in working order for a summer or two before I get my swap on the go

Good deal. I would choose the 1.8T for weight purposes and turbo noises but both will make for a fun vehicle. Let me know if I can help any!
SciPunk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:17 am    Post subject: Re: 1981 Scirocco fun Reply with quote

Awesome man, i will keep watching this as i had a 84 and miss it dearly! Love the color as well. I also agree the 1.8t is the better choice (my current daily has one Smile )

anyway best of luck with it and the new baby!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Water-cooled VW All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: