Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Jer*Fab - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Jer*Fab
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: June 22, 2021
campingbox Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keith wrote:
Fignewton wrote:
Well, here are some pics of my Complete beam.

Professionally packed.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

With Pride

Just a few parts missing, no big deal

Little scoring never did any harm.

Pre Greased, 50 year old grime no extra cost

They even paint the inside of the bushing for you, Shop debris no extra Cost.

Like they came from the factory.

WOW !! :shock:

Mike, if you weren't going to send him a quality product, professionally packed then you would have been better off sending nothing at all or sending him a box filled with your own shit with a note that said "fuck off, asshole". Especially since the hornets nest was already disturbed, I think either of those would have been better than that pile you sent him. You seem to be getting great compliments and praise otherwise, so this is just baffling that you would think that what you sent is acceptable work and stand behind it with pride.

Also, a note stating who you are and what your old screen name was in your sig line ( like mine) would help people that have no idea who you were on here and that you are NEW management of Jer-Fab.

Jer*Fab wrote:
smittys61vert was my previous username.
Keith
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I KNOW what his screen name was, you know what it was, but to those who didn't read this thread or know what has transpired, THEY won't know. His FUTURE customers that are out there in the dark, OR Jer-Fabs past customers who had given up on him or were fed up and moved on, they may not know. From the outside everything looks the same.

"I firmly believe that some villagers from Botswana could probably build a better road than PennDot."- Splitty

"If you do anything to your car someone will hate on you for it. People absolutely love to complain and find fault with others. Don't let it bother you. Just live and have fun."- Lind
cru62
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keith wrote:
Yes, I KNOW what his screen name was, you know what it was, but to those who didn't read this thread or know what has transpired, THEY won't know. His FUTURE customers that are out there in the dark, OR Jer-Fabs past customers who had given up on him or were fed up and moved on, they may not know. From the outside everything looks the same.

Mike really doesn't have a relevant history in his other screen name. The real meat of the matter is his new one as Jer*Fab which has no ads listed at this time.

Anyone who doesn't check a seller's feedback thread before ordering ANYTHING online is an idiot. Unless you know them personally, you are not doing due diligence and are pretty much inviting disappointment. I have never been ripped off on this site. Ebay is another story. And that was only once. But I ALWAYS check a seller's feedback, even if I have dealt with him before.

Personally, I think Mike is doing the right thing, although those pics above do nothing to bolster that impression. I believe his heart is in the right place. But I also thought it was a poor decision from a business standpoint. Sure, continue the legacy of Jerry's design and craftsmanship. But under a new name.

That said, it isn't my company. And it sure as hell isn't my money. So, more power to Mike. He's walking the right path and he is going to take some shots. I sincerely wish him the best.

This is the correct forum for airing any and all compliments, complaints and questions. I hope Mike listens, responds and most of all, doesn't let the flak wear him down.

Jokes about German sausage are the wurst.

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
Fignewton
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the story gets even better.

So after spending nearly 5 hours to clean up the bushings, torsion arms, cage bearings, etc. I finally get the beam installed, everything mounted up and the damn spindles will NOT BUDGE..

They are pressed to tight and will more than likely have to be pressed out and redone.

Another nice "go fuck yourself" was the fact that he left the old shock bushings in place on the torsion arms and just painted over them..

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Jd542
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:08 pm    Post subject: Jer fab hurst bumpers Reply with quote

I called up mike from jer fab to see if he would be attending the winter octo meet 2014 because I needed a complete turn key hurst set up. Unfortunately he was not going to be able to attend the meet however, on very short notice mike said he would make it happen and he not only made me a top shelf hurst set up, front and back but he drove it down and met me @ 6 am to deliver it. Not only was the final product excellent but his customer service was 5 star from start to finish. If your looking for a hurst set up or other metal fabrication make sure you give him a call. He delivered exactly what he promised. I would not hesitate to order from him again. Quality product, stand up dude, what else could you ask for. Thanks mike!!
kingsfanrob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Just picked up my flipped spindles from Mike this past weekend. My order started with an email and ended with a handshake. All communications either email, text, or voice were all responded to quickly, and were informative and professional. I'm not trying to change anyones mind or argue, but positive words need to be told when a business transaction goes as smooth as this one did. Thanks Mike.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rancho909dude
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerfab equipped front beam and spring plates awesome quality.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ricekooker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike helped me out with some donor parts. He shipped fast and the parts were as described.
Vintage fab Werks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:52 pm    Post subject: plates Reply with quote

Just ordered plates for my 56 and 62 bug. Placed order Tuesday night and parts are being shipped Friday.

I will continue to do business with Jer Fab.

Thanks

Marshall
pig-pen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all. I have no experience of the old JER-FAB, but I can give some about the new MIKE powered JER-FAB.

I am from the UK and was looking to buy a split crew cab to use for a family vacation in CA this year. Mike helped me find the perfect one, and helped me ship it from Utah to his shop. In fact he took care of everything. I still had to buy it though, that was the only negative!

This was last summer, and he has stored it in his own garage at home for me since then, until we start work on it which is happening now... I was just in LA for business so paid a visit. Mike helped me through the arduous task of getting the title in my name and registration (really tricky as a foreign national).

He even drove from Ontario to my hotel on Sunset Blvd to drop a vin confirmation document that his wife's cousin (i think) a CHP officer filled out for me... without that I was screwed.

Super great guy, I trust him totally to make my DCab great... and safe for the family... cheers Mike, see you in August.

Smile
808veedub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered a set of 3" drop plates, he shipped it two days later and I couldn't be happier with the craftsmanship. Great communication and product. Thanks Mike!
lillaRe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I contacted Mike on a Sunday to ask if he had any 3" adj drop plates for my '58 in stock. He said he did not, but that he could weld them up and ship them out by Tuesday, so I went ahead and bought a set. Sure enough, I received a notification on Tuesday that they had shipped. They showed up a couple days later and looked great. I have them on the car now and I'm so happy with the way it rides. Mike was very helpful and a pleasure to deal with.
fly. GTI.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:42 am    Post subject: Re: Jer*Fab - [email protected] Reply with quote

I ordered plates from them about a month or so ago. from the time I sent funds to the time they arrived at my door was about 6 days.

Very pleased with the sale, and the product.
misterwhitefolkz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Jer*Fab - [email protected] Reply with quote

Bought 3 inch drop plates for my oval, took about 3 weeks to get them but well worth the wait. Very nice quality, arrived all painted up and ready to install. Great product and I would definitely buy another set... Feels good to buy some good old made in USA parts from a real person!
kustomdlux
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject: Re: Jer*Fab - [email protected] Reply with quote

It looks like it's been a while since anyone has added to this feedback so I'll give my recent experience.

I ordered 3" drop plates back in April. I did receive my parts, but I did have to wait over 6 weeks after payment (after being told "about 2 weeks" before paying) and had to file a dispute with paypal in order to get him to ship my drop plates.
Communication was poor throughout the purchase until I filed the dispute with paypal, then he was in constant communication trying to get the paypal case resolved.

JerFab was highly recommended by some local VW owners, and the drop plates do look good. I haven't installed them yet because they came in too late for the show I was trying to make it to.

I will never order from Jer-Fab again nor recommend the parts to anyone.
uglyduck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Jer*Fab - [email protected] Reply with quote

Ordered 3" drop plates and got them in a week, I asked about timeline and was told a week and was pleasantly surprised. Great communication during build and shipment, was also sent tracking #. Great service will do business again.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Jump to:
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: