Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts  See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Duraclean 1954 Standard Logo Sunroof
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Forum Index -> Split Bus - Barndoor Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
chris67bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: Duraclean 1954 Standard Logo Sunroof Reply with quote

Great story ben, every time I think you have restored the worst barndoor imaginable you top it! Are we going to discover what your latest 'swedish forest find' is?? Very Happy
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Duraclean 1954 Standard Logo Sunroof Reply with quote

Popcorn

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1974 Westfalia Hardtop Campmobile
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Duraclean 1954 Standard Logo Sunroof Reply with quote

Love these Barn door rebuild threads. Looking forward to the updates! Popcorn

**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**

**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**

My 1970 bus refresh thread- http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=598191

1970 Westfalia Bus
1969 Convertible Bug
1967 Standard Bug
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Duraclean 1954 Standard Logo Sunroof Reply with quote

I decided to go to the barn door section.... some crazy stuff goes down here Laughing hats off to you for getting all of these parts back together to make the bus whole again!
'74 Westfalia
Go Cubs!
World Series Champions 2016
KentPS wrote:
...or the PO envied the terrorists' bus in "Back to the Future". Laughing

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Lincolndanny
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:47 am    Post subject: Re: Duraclean 1954 Standard Logo Sunroof Reply with quote

Are we due an update yet Ben? Popcorn Popcorn

Any news on the front clip?
busben
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: Duraclean 1954 Standard Logo Sunroof Reply with quote

Long-roofs wrote:
What a bad ass Bus! What a puzzle too.

I remember in 1996, Portland VW show, Mark L. showing up in his Velvet Green highroof, with the sunroof clip off this Bus on the rack. Today we would have many pics of it, back then, did not want to waste the film. Sad

Mark L. just sent me a photo he found of his wicked old 51 and the Highroof in his driveway with the Duraclean roof still strapped to the roofrack. This was fresh from the high roof making a cross country trip east coast to west coast Cool

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

"Quality Sound 1954 Barndoor Deluxe Puzzle"
"The Regna '54 Deluxe"
"Duraclean 1954 Standard Logo Sunroof"
"1960 A1 Mobile Locksmith Bus with Logos"
busben
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:44 am    Post subject: Re: Duraclean 1954 Standard Logo Sunroof Reply with quote

Lincolndanny wrote:
Are we due an update yet Ben? Popcorn Popcorn

Sorry about the lame lack of updates Confused It's been an odd few months and I've had a lot of other things going on Ö...including some other car builds though Cool That said, we've managed to get the chassis to the blasters to clean it up, and here it is coated in etch chromate and back in the unit ready for outriggers, jack points, etc. I hope to bring you some more interesting updates very soon!

Lincolndanny wrote:
Any news on the front clip?

Well, despite my efforts and the efforts of mutual friends, I'm no further forward in trying to speak with Brian and have to assume that the front clip isn't going anywhere. As mentioned previously it's not the OG paint beauty that it once was...........

and so, despite really wanting to use it on this build, I'm not planning to beat myself up over it. Instead, I've managed to source a decent original barndoor donor clip to use in it's place............

More soon I hope!! Wink
"The Regna '54 Deluxe"
Long-roofs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Duraclean 1954 Standard Logo Sunroof Reply with quote

busben wrote:
Long-roofs wrote:
What a bad ass Bus! What a puzzle too.

I remember in 1996, Portland VW show, Mark L. showing up in his Velvet Green highroof, with the sunroof clip off this Bus on the rack. Today we would have many pics of it, back then, did not want to waste the film. Sad

Mark L. just sent me a photo he found of his wicked old 51 and the Highroof in his driveway with the Duraclean roof still strapped to the roofrack. This was fresh from the high roof making a cross country trip east coast to west coast Cool

Very cool....before TV bus started getting paint stripped too...Thanks for adding.

Do not let neanderthals dictate your personal happiness
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TRS63
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:46 am    Post subject: Re: Duraclean 1954 Standard Logo Sunroof Reply with quote

Ch‚ssis looks good, looking forward to the next updates!
Antoine
Brian_Mccue
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:56 am    Post subject: Re: Duraclean 1954 Standard Logo Sunroof Reply with quote

I didnít recall getting any messages from you Or offers or earlier peace that would be more suitable for my project.. I did get a message from Mark L..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Scotty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:31 am    Post subject: Re: Duraclean 1954 Standard Logo Sunroof Reply with quote

Brian_Mccue wrote:
I didnít recall getting any messages from you Or offers or earlier peace that would be more suitable for my project.. I did get a message from Mark L..

Are you willing to part with the front panel Brian?

I'd be curious to know the length of his tip.

http://scottys-stuff.blogspot.com/
Brian_Mccue
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:28 am    Post subject: Re: Duraclean 1954 Standard Logo Sunroof Reply with quote

Scotty wrote:
Brian_Mccue wrote:

Possible I really could use a nice a pillar for the passenger side I think it Hass to be pre-53 in order to be correct for my truck and some money and I guess I could try to make the bent dash work work
Scotty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:15 am    Post subject: Re: Duraclean 1954 Standard Logo Sunroof Reply with quote

Good stuff. That front panel really needs to be re-united with the rest of the Duralclean bus

I'd be curious to know the length of his tip.

http://scottys-stuff.blogspot.com/
busben
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Duraclean 1954 Standard Logo Sunroof Reply with quote

Brian_Mccue wrote:

Hey Brian! Good to see you on here! Very Happy Cool

Since we talked back in 2011 when you were adamant that the front clip was going on your truck, I've sent you quite a few PM's and emails about it. I'm bummed that you never got them because I never got messages to say that the emails weren't delivered, and the PM's on here are all in my sentbox/read folder? I know Donny mailed you about it too, and Lind was going to try and ring you? I also just assumed that you'd read the thread when you posted back in May, but apologise if this is the first you knew about it dude! I've been trying so hard to contact you so it's great that you're on here and that you've read this!!

Brian_Mccue wrote:
Scotty wrote:

Possible I really could use a nice a pillar for the passenger side I think it Hass to be pre-53 in order to be correct for my truck and some money and I guess I could try to make the bent dash work work

Like Mark.L wrote you in June when I was with him at Bad Camberg, I've been trying really hard to speak with you to see if you would do a deal with me on the front clip, and yes, I think this '55 clip will be incorrect for your '52 truck, (yes, Duraclean was actually manufactured 14th January 1955). Please send me an email or PM through thesamba, (I'm not on any social media I'm afraid), and we can talk some more about all this. I really appreciate it dude Wink

Looks like the hunt is on for a passenger side early a-pillar for Brian if anyone knows of one? I'd still love to secure this clip for the project although, given that this clip is in Michigan, it may be a little late in the day to do much about all this given today's activity in the gloucestershire countryside Cool

"The Regna '54 Deluxe"
srfndoc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Duraclean 1954 Standard Logo Sunroof Reply with quote

That photo certainly sums up this project. Thanks for posting photos of the progress.
"The world is in no hurry for another painted bus."
-Maurice
Brian_Mccue
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Duraclean 1954 Standard Logo Sunroof Reply with quote

busben wrote:
Brian_Mccue wrote:

Hey Brian! Good to see you on here! Very Happy Cool

Since we talked back in 2011 when you were adamant that the front clip was going on your truck, I've sent you quite a few PM's and emails about it. I'm bummed that you never got them because I never got messages to say that the emails weren't delivered, and the PM's on here are all in my sentbox/read folder? I know Donny mailed you about it too, and Lind was going to try and ring you? I also just assumed that you'd read the thread when you posted back in May, but apologise if this is the first you knew about it dude! I've been trying so hard to contact you so it's great that you're on here and that you've read this!!

Brian_Mccue wrote:
Scotty wrote:

Like Mark.L wrote you in June when I was with him at Bad Camberg, I've been trying really hard to speak with you to see if you would do a deal with me on the front clip, and yes, I think this '55 clip will be incorrect for your '52 truck, (yes, Duraclean was actually manufactured 14th January 1955). Please send me an email or PM through thesamba, (I'm not on any social media I'm afraid), and we can talk some more about all this. I really appreciate it dude Wink

Looks like the hunt is on for a passenger side early a-pillar for Brian if anyone knows of one? I'd still love to secure this clip for the project although, given that this clip is in Michigan, it may be a little late in the day to do much about all this given today's activity in the gloucestershire countryside Cool

Iím definitely not on here as much as I used to be ( sorry Everett .lol) sorry if I never responded.. thereís a lot going on all the time.. iím definitely all about helping people out and it would be cool to see this get all put back together with all the correct pieces I would definitely make this whole project that much cooler .. yeah and I donít know what I was thinking way back in the day sending off the original paint that was way before I knew any better 😔.. and by the way that picture of the bus all laid out like that itís bad ass

busben
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:00 am    Post subject: Re: Duraclean 1954 Standard Logo Sunroof Reply with quote

Brian_Mccue wrote:

Iím definitely not on here as much as I used to be ( sorry Everett .lol) sorry if I never responded.. thereís a lot going on all the time.. iím definitely all about helping people out and it would be cool to see this get all put back together with all the correct pieces I would definitely make this whole project that much cooler .. yeah and I donít know what I was thinking way back in the day sending off the original paint that was way before I knew any better 😔.. and by the way that picture of the bus all laid out like that itís bad ass

Perfect! Cool Glad you like the photo and glad you like the project dude Cool Like Iíve already said, itís your clip to do with what you want, but it would be amazing if you were happy to do a deal so that it could go back on the bus, and it would be nice to get you the right parts for your truck! Iím not sure how to get this done but I got your PM, Iíll start looking for an a-post, and I might be able to get another dash piece if yours is damaged? Weíve started this bus now so the clock is ticking, but itís great to finally be talking. Sorry again if you didnít get some of the messages. Iíve been trying hard to make contact but I make life difficult by being too ďold schoolĒ and not on any social media Razz
"The Regna '54 Deluxe"
karl h
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:18 am    Post subject: Re: Duraclean 1954 Standard Logo Sunroof Reply with quote

badass project!
djfordmanjack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:29 am    Post subject: Re: Duraclean 1954 Standard Logo Sunroof Reply with quote

glad to hear about the efforts between you and Brian. sounds good!

This really is enough social media here, Ben ! Very Happy Whoah ! Cool
love the shot.
Quote:

'54 Oval Sunroof project with my son, L275 Lichtbeige
'55 Wolfsburg panel project, Taubenblau L31 all original paint
'56 Oval, Polarsilber L324 og paint og chrome og everything
moler
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: Duraclean 1954 Standard Logo Sunroof Reply with quote

What an amazing story for what will be a even more amazing build Very Happy
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus - Barndoor All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: