Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts  See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Buses and parts for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2493, 2494, 2495 ... 2502, 2503, 2504  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
busdaddy
Samba Member

Location: Surrey B.C. Canada, Land of the giant flying moose!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Douglas Denlinger wrote:
Braukuche wrote:
Erik G wrote:
yall should see what the datsun guys pay for wheel caps and steering horn buttons...

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I'm thinking I wouldn't pay what he's asking for the wheel for an entire ugly ass complete Datsun.

LOL, I like some of the vintage Datsuns, it just like VW or Porsche, Corvette, etc....when it comes to accessories people tend to pay more for the cool stuff or limited production stuff.
Just NOT something that has been messed up, the requires additional hacking to your vehicle.
I would pay decent appropriate money for a good condition of NOS original.

Many vintage Datsun people had a similar car when they were in college/university, now that they are retired doctors, engineers, lawyers, etc... they have the bucks and aren't afraid to open up the wallet. There's still some cheap skates in every crowd, but the average prices for some rare Datsun parts would give most VW types a stroke. An unmolested EMPI steering wheel with all it's parts would sell fast at that price.

Wanted, OG paint 1971 Niagara blue decklid.

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

busdaddy wrote:
Douglas Denlinger wrote:
Braukuche wrote:
Erik G wrote:
yall should see what the datsun guys pay for wheel caps and steering horn buttons...

I'm thinking I wouldn't pay what he's asking for the wheel for an entire ugly ass complete Datsun.

LOL, I like some of the vintage Datsuns, it just like VW or Porsche, Corvette, etc....when it comes to accessories people tend to pay more for the cool stuff or limited production stuff.
Just NOT something that has been messed up, the requires additional hacking to your vehicle.
I would pay decent appropriate money for a good condition of NOS original.

Many vintage Datsun people had a similar car when they were in college/university, now that they are retired doctors, engineers, lawyers, etc... they have the bucks and aren't afraid to open up the wallet. There's still some cheap skates in every crowd, but the average prices for some rare Datsun parts would give most VW types a stroke. An unmolested EMPI steering wheel with all it's parts would sell fast at that price.

There are East Germans who collect Trabants. No accounting for taste I suppose.

My retirement plan:
1956 Ghia
1969 Ghia Convertible
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 crusty double cab
1960 convertible bug
1963 356 B coupe runner
1963 356 B coupe
1962 356 B Coupe
1967 21 window rust bucket
1967 912
azbob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:15 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Not really a whine on price but what is with all the ads lately calling the bus a Deluxe? Maybe I'm missing something?

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2309733

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2309029
Busstom Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:24 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

azbob wrote:
Not really a whine on price but what is with all the ads lately calling the bus a Deluxe? Maybe I'm missing something?

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2309733

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2309029

Well, the green one DOES have a chrome ashtray (and bumper trim). But seriously, both advertisers are brand-spanking-new members, and they probably just don't know what they're saying.

Personally, the green one looks like a good deal. If the new "Golden" bodies are starting at 17K, unfinished, well hell, here's a complete, apparently solid one for 21K. Weird there're no pics of the back end.

Prediction: this will sell in no time at all, and then reappear here on TheSamba for $40 to $50K. Wagers?
dschup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

My favorite found bus ever. Too bad I was a stupid young kid and couldn't figure out how to get $700... Glad you got it, but damn, I kick myself all the time for missing that one.

I still have hand made the key for it from the road trip Smile. Saw the ad, what happened to the floor, that thing was solid!

KWZ wrote:

chris henry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

I bought this 55 standard sunroof with factory safaris in the late 90's for $650.. Ah the good ol days. Very Happy Very Happy Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
KWZ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

chris henry wrote:

I bought this 55 standard sunroof with factory safaris in the late 90's for $650.. Ah the good ol days. Very Happy Very Happy Laughing

Wrong mirrors. Cut it up and have a Crystal Pepsi.
dustinwor
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

20k price increase in less than a year 🙄

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2311189
62DoKaGuy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

dustinwor wrote:

Damnit, I forgot about this one...and there went my idea of a P40 Warhawk paint job on my single cab...

4/62 Double Cab
4/59 Single Cab
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

62DoKaGuy wrote:
dustinwor wrote:

Damnit, I forgot about this one...and there went my idea of a P40 Warhawk paint job on my single cab...

Make it a P38 Lightning and move on. Wink

---Cold War Motors
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Just us buses
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:11 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

"Not all original but close "
62DoKaGuy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:17 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Just us buses wrote:

Haha, I missed that line entirely...price aside, I think it's pretty badass for what it is and how it looks. It reminds me of the GI Joe P40 toy from the 90's(?) and it's a VW bus. I'd drive the piss out of it...but not for $30,000.

4/62 Double Cab
4/59 Single Cab
type2rescuemaine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

62DoKaGuy wrote:
Just us buses wrote:

Haha, I missed that line entirely...price aside, I think it's pretty badass for what it is and how it looks. It reminds me of the GI Joe P40 toy from the 90's(?) and it's a VW bus. I'd drive the piss out of it...but not for $30,000.

I sort of agree - if it was mine I'd (somewhat) proudly drive the crap out of it as well... but that aside, it does have a kind of tacky, childish/cheap look to it... looks like a hotwheels rendition more than a bus that's actually used for adventuring/offroading/whatever you want to call it.
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

type2rescuemaine wrote:
62DoKaGuy wrote:
Just us buses wrote:

I sort of agree - if it was mine I'd (somewhat) proudly drive the crap out of it as well... but that aside, it does have a kind of tacky, childish/cheap look to it... looks like a hotwheels rendition more than a bus that's actually used for adventuring/offroading/whatever you want to call it.

That's more of a Vanagon style paint job if you ask me.

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
chris henry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2216808
every time I looks at this bus all I can think is that the sub hatch is about 3 inches too far towards the center making me think that it was added on. Maybe I'm wrong or it's the photo angle idk.. thoughts ?
bobbyblack Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:08 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Hmm, a '57 for Ask dollars..

Does it seem odd that the numbers stamp area on the generator stand looks very freshly ground? Maybe that is normal?

-bobby
thom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:15 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

chris henry wrote:
every time I looks at this bus all I can think is that the sub hatch is about 3 inches too far towards the center making me think that it was added on. Maybe I'm wrong or it's the photo angle idk.. thoughts ?

Something doesn't look right with the taillights, and I guess reflectors were just an option

1957 Porsche 356A Sunroof
1957 23-Window Deluxe
1963 Type 3 Karmann Ghia
1963 Unimog 404
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
velvetgreen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:24 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

If that rolled off the Westfalia Werke line I might just eat my hat. Camping kit is obviously done to a high standard and is *similar* to original but why go to all that work on a tribute interior and then announce it to the whole world by using late bay fabric all over the place? If you are gonna spend that kind of $$ to do a tribute interior at least get period correct fabric
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

thom wrote:
chris henry wrote:

Something doesn't look right with the taillights, and I guess reflectors were just an option

Looks like Euro taillights but it's a bullet nose Bus?

So Yes, it should have reflectors and USA taillights, if they are not.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
srfndoc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

velvetgreen wrote:
If that rolled off the Westfalia Werke line I might just eat my hat. Camping kit is obviously done to a high standard and is *similar* to original but why go to all that work on a tribute interior and then announce it to the whole world by using late bay fabric all over the place? If you are gonna spend that kind of $$ to do a tribute interior at least get period correct fabric

X2 on the interior. Would have looked sweet with some BBT period correct fabric instead of that mess.
"The world is in no hurry for another painted bus."
-Maurice
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2493, 2494, 2495 ... 2502, 2503, 2504  Next
Jump to:
Page 2494 of 2504

Jump to: