Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

CIP1 Okrasa/Oettinger Kit
Forum Index -> Vintage Speed Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
1958ghia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:42 am    Post subject: CIP1 Okrasa/Oettinger Kit Reply with quote

Has anyone utilized CIP1 instead of Wolfsburg West to purchase a kit from? I noticed that they have what looks to be the exact same kit available now, and considering that you get free shipping ($30), it is on sale ($100), and no sales tax ($150), a decent savings for the kit in total when it comes down to it... Same description and very similar picture to WW - anyone done it??

https://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=VWC%2D111%2D198%2D700
1958ghia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: CIP1 Okrasa/Oettinger Kit Reply with quote

For reference - they are selling the Wolfsburg West kit. They only had one in stock, and now that I've ordered - they have 0 in stock.. Smile
Mr. Okrasa Premium Member
Original Old Speed

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: CIP1 Okrasa/Oettinger Kit Reply with quote

I purchased (5) kits from CIP 1 as they are the same as the W.West kit. You can't beat there free shipping, no tax and they are on sale?!?!
Once they get more in, I may purchase an additional (3) more kits just to keep on my shelf for the next upcoming engine builds. Laughing

See my Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/okrasa/

1959 VW Karmann Ghia Coupe / Bamboo-Green / Denzel 1300cc / OG. owner, paint Wink

Denzel engine running. See this link: https://youtu.be/DgUlsQDTXTE

VW www.Okrasa.com
356 www.PreA356.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
1958ghia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:11 pm    Post subject: Re: CIP1 Okrasa/Oettinger Kit Reply with quote

Yah they were $100 off so in all I saved almost $300 buying through CIP1! Can’t wait to get the kit!
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:45 am    Post subject: Re: CIP1 Okrasa/Oettinger Kit Reply with quote

You can also get AA piston and cylinder kits from them for less than if you buy direct from AA.

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1963 stretched double cab
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1967 21 window less rusty now
motofly196
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:01 am    Post subject: Re: CIP1 Okrasa/Oettinger Kit Reply with quote

Agree! I buy directly from AA now. Plus they have discounts quite often. I've had order problems in the past, and they have always made good on them immediately.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vintage Speed All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: