Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1984 rabbit gti help
Forum Index -> Water-cooled VW Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Knitmk1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:04 am    Post subject: 1984 rabbit gti help Reply with quote

Cross posted at vwvortex sorry if you see it twice but I need help!! I have a 1984 rabbit gti and the booster went out. Okay yay. Found a refab Bendix booster on partsplace and ordered it. Bought a new remanufacture master cylinder from MK1 autohaus for 100 bucks. **** came and it was a cardone… I was kinda peeved cuz I could have just spend 50 for it but whatever. I like mk1autohaus and support them because they have some stuff you can only find there. I figured hey at least ill be able to drive it for a while until I redo my old one. Install everything, p.s. hard brake lines can suck it. Bled the lines starting from the farthest to the closest. I still have a wooshing break that juuuust manages to get me to a stop. So its not a hard break petal... so I think the new booster is good. I don't think there is air in the lines... I bled it pretty good. Is it the cardone master? Is it just the length of the push rod in the booster? some years were able to be adjusted from inside the car. this one does not. Is it because I didn't bench bleed it? Does anyone have any experience with this? Im pulling my hair out and surprisingly isn't not because of the CIS engine. Im not looking forward to taking it all off again but jesus I just want to drive my car
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: 1984 rabbit gti help Reply with quote

cardone anything is fucking junk. a friend of mine put 3 on one car, they just kept warrantying them. finally the cardone rep said "use anything but ours. our QC is horrible"

I would spring for an ATE.

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Water-cooled VW All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: