Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Kitchenette design DIY
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
erste
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Kitchenette design DIY Reply with quote

Ed, nice progress and apologies for the slight hijack!
TopBud wrote:
erste- how do you open that fridge with the shelf above it? Can you post a pic with it open. I am liking the design
Thanks

You can open it enough to get most everything out. Normally when loading it up I'll just take the lid off because it's easier (it's made to do this).
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

TopBud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Kitchenette design DIY Reply with quote

awesome. Thanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
E1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Kitchenette design DIY Reply with quote

fxr wrote:
epowell wrote:
OK, so the primary concern here is that you don't want to breathe in propane.
I was thinking that that main risk was possible explosion if the van gets in an accident.

Main risk if your're out of the van - leak and explosion. Note if you're in the van when it leaks, you'll smell it well before it gets to an explosive mixture.

Main risk if you in the van and using the propane - carbon monoxide poisoning. You can't smell it, and you'll just doze off and die within 30 minutes.

So get a gas/CO detector!

Worth a repost.

A quick OT example. At the 2000 US Grand Prix at Indy, four Canadians in a rented RV camped a block away from us all died in their sleep from CO intrusion. We drop such odds to zero by wearing more fleece in bed.

Jim, Thanks, too for your comment about bottled water. Admirable.

Carry on...

— Colin Chapman
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
epowell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Kitchenette design DIY Reply with quote

epowell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:14 am    Post subject: Re: Kitchenette design DIY Reply with quote

Back in Vancouver a year later....

So grateful for a day of warmth and sunshine to varnish the woodwork. Rains should start today!

dobryan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:15 am    Post subject: Re: Kitchenette design DIY Reply with quote

Coming along nicely!

"To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive." Robert Louis Stevenson

MD>Canada>AK>WA>OR>CA>AZ>UT>WY>SD
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=620646

Building a bus for travel in Europe (euroBus)
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=695371

The Western Syncro build
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=746794
vino de vano
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: Kitchenette design DIY Reply with quote

Is that Birdseye maple your using for your floor? Looks fab, now you need it on all your counter and table tops. Cool cabinet idea, looking forward to pics of it done.
epowell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:05 am    Post subject: Re: Kitchenette design DIY Reply with quote

Yeah the floor is 1/4" birch I think... but looks like BEye maple... anyway it is beautiful stuff, and was cheap, but the BEye layer of veneer is paper thin. So I will definitely use small mats or an 'area carpet' on the floor to take up as much of the treading on as possible. Just cheap little carpets and replace them probably annually.

Yes this is exciting... I worked like a dog last year trying to get it done to be able to make the maiden voyage this year - but ultimately decided not to stress so much and give myself one more Vancouver visit (4 weeks) to work on the van, and shoot for 2021 for the first camping trip in Antonio. So it is nice to be able to take my time a bit and 'enjoy the ride (work)' as opposed to rushing thru it.

Interior is almost done.... and NEXT week should be all sunny during which I plan to get all the body work done.

I am really curious what it is finally going to be like inside with all the camperization --- oh yeah, I also need to make a bed > actually I think I'll get started on that right now! Very Happy
epowell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Kitchenette design DIY Reply with quote

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: