Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Who is Ezgz on YouTube?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jetmech2002
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Who is Ezgz on YouTube? Reply with quote

So we have spun off into oblivion with no answer to my original question.
“Does anyone know him? Will he respond to questions? Really enjoy his grassroots approach to all this stuff, and would like to talk to him about my project.”

I did not ask for personal opinions of this man. Many of you have chose to use my thread as a place to talk bad of a person many of you have never met. In fact I would bet if EZGZ was rolling down the highway and saw you broke down,he would stop to help no matter how good or rough your machine was. It seems as though many here would prejudge and not stop to help.
You are entitled to your opinion when asked for it. I did not ask for that. I asked if anyone knew him, or if he would respond. Pretty sad to see how people are treated here if you are not status quo. And BTW, if someone cares to speak about the Lord to me, it is always welcome, as all thing are possible through him. Ready for your attacks, as I carry the full armor of God.

Last edited by Jetmech2002 on Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
bedlamite
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Who is Ezgz on YouTube? Reply with quote

Jetmech2002 wrote:
So we have spun off into oblivion with an answer to my original question.

Thread drift should be expected.
busey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Who is Ezgz on YouTube? Reply with quote

Jetmech2002 wrote:
“Does anyone know him? Will he respond to questions? Really enjoy his grassroots approach to all this stuff, and would like to talk to him about my project.”

I did not ask for personal opinions of this man. Many of you have chose to use my thread as a place to talk bad of a person many of you have never met. In fact I would bet if EZGZ was rolling down the highway and saw you broke down,he would stop to help no matter how good or rough your machine was. It seems as though many here would prejudge and not stop to help.
You are entitled to your opinion when asked for it. I did not ask for that. I asked if anyone knew him, or if he would respond. Pretty sad to see how people are treated here if you are not status quo. And BTW, if someone cares to speak about the Lord to me, it is always welcome, as all thing are possible through him. Ready for your attacks, as I carry the full armor of God.

Welcome to The Samba. It can get quite brutal for outsiders no matter how good their product may be. Bernie Bergmanns eventual success must haunt sambanistas Laughing Laughing Laughing
67 Sunroof
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Who is Ezgz on YouTube? Reply with quote

It’s like everything else. You read and make a choice on what you believe.
I started on bug me videos and VWDarrin. I loved hearing his stories of the past and also learned a lot along the way. It’s entertainment and also educating at the same time-even my wife likes watching him!
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Who is Ezgz on YouTube? Reply with quote

Jetmech2002 wrote:
"...Will he respond to questions? Really enjoy his grassroots approach to all this stuff, and would like to talk to him about my project."

Then try e-mailing/PM'ing or replying to one of his video comment blogs. He's evidently not monitoring this thread, and apparently nobody else is going try and get ahold of him for you.
kokanee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Who is Ezgz on YouTube? Reply with quote

He has answered me on some of his videos dont listen to some of the key board jockeys on here there are different ways to get stuff done just because they read it someplace doesn't make it right. He has been working on this stuff along time and will say in his videos he isn't a expert but it works for him
jeffrey8164 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:32 am    Post subject: Re: Who is Ezgz on YouTube? Reply with quote

If you really want to see someone doing stuff wrong and giving incorrect information, have a look at JW Classic VW.
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCSr2kbfxqQZ-YGH7DCWeReg

I especially liked his case decking with a handheld grinder.

“Let he that is without oil throw the first rod”
(Compression 8.7:1)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: Who is Ezgz on YouTube? Reply with quote

the thing about hacks is that their work can be dangerous, or cause more damage that can't be properly repaired down the road. Of course, VW idiots that don't know any better flock to hacks because it cheaper than doing something right. It's the same people that buy shit parts. VW's can be hack friendly to get you out of a jam, until it's something that matters. I have friends that are hacks...their shit is always broken down or on the verge of breaking down because of cheap parts and hacks. I don't work on their stuff, won't even travel in their cars.

25+ years ago a local import shop owner took me aside and told me, "If you half ass this, and half ass that, pretty soon you're going down the street with no ass, and when you're broken down on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere, your little girlfriend aint gonna give you any of hers"

It was about GEX rebuilt heads, chrome fan shrouds, and workmanship by the book, but applies to a lot in life Laughing
Mr. Unpopular
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Who is Ezgz on YouTube? Reply with quote

busey wrote:
I cross reference the info EZGZ puts out with another Youtuber called VW Darrin and a couple other youtubers.

VW Darrin may be knowledgeable about VW's, but I wouldn't trust him around your grandfather.

https://www.news-journalonline.com/news/20180824/lewd-sex-acts-in-volusia-parks-sting-nets-8-arrests
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bama Dave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Who is Ezgz on YouTube? Reply with quote

Well, I am not watching those videos again. Geesh. Cannot unsee that.

1970 Beetle
1971 Super
1972 Baja

hellthorne wrote:
First off, I know i made stupid decisions that led to my predicament, so while you are welcome to tell me that I am an idiot for doing the things I did, please know that I am already aware of this.
swelchy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Who is Ezgz on YouTube? Reply with quote

lol... oh my lawd
1969 Westy 1915cc 044 heads 94 bore 69 stroke scatCWcrank scat lifters C25 cam straight cam gears 1:25 ratio rockers CB weber idf 40's vintage speed sport exhaust.
MURZI
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Who is Ezgz on YouTube? Reply with quote

Don’t google the endplay videos😬...
45 Dells
A1 sidewinder
Fk44 cam
ekacpuc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Who is Ezgz on YouTube? Reply with quote

Jetmech2002 wrote:

You must be new to forums. Threads always evolve and you’re gonna get opinions regardless of what your original question was.
67 Sunroof
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Who is Ezgz on YouTube? Reply with quote

Mr. Unpopular wrote:
busey wrote:
I cross reference the info EZGZ puts out with another Youtuber called VW Darrin and a couple other youtubers.

VW Darrin may be knowledgeable about VW's, but I wouldn't trust him around your grandfather.

https://www.news-journalonline.com/news/20180824/lewd-sex-acts-in-volusia-parks-sting-nets-8-arrests

Dayum!! Part of me wants to say “don’t judge” and the other part is like “wtf”?
Maybe ezgz ain’t soo bad after all. Hahaha
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Who is Ezgz on YouTube? Reply with quote

ekacpuc wrote:
Jetmech2002 wrote:

You must be new to forums. Threads always evolve and you’re gonna get opinions regardless of what your original question was.

But what’s really cool is when a few of the hitler youth arrive with their tired political shit or it becomes a rant on how bad it is to be old. This place is comic relief guaranteed. Keep reading 😀
jeffrey8164 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Who is Ezgz on YouTube? Reply with quote

Well damn! Just damn.
I do remember, he did like more deck than is desirable.
He liked at least .070.

“Let he that is without oil throw the first rod”
(Compression 8.7:1)
ach60 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Who is Ezgz on YouTube? Reply with quote

There are two or three guys I watch rebuilding wrecked car on Youtube.
One guy does it the way I learned to do it at Brown's, another one does it the way I first did it in high school.
That poor guy had the dash in & out of that poor Hellcat 3 times before he had the assembly sequence correct !
Youtube is fun to watch, but I've learned more on thesamba.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
busey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Who is Ezgz on YouTube? Reply with quote

EZGZ has a new video.
rayjay
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Who is Ezgz on YouTube? Reply with quote

I've watched and liked a lot of VWdarrin and EZGZ videos. But wow !! How do you end up in a situation like that and not commit suicide ? How do you look your wife, kids, other family and friends in the eye ever again ?

EZGZ is like a buddy. You aren't going to like everything about him but overall he's a good guy and his positives outweigh his negatives, just like me I hope Smile
Bug53
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Who is Ezgz on YouTube? Reply with quote

He is interesting.
Same goes for VWDarrin who works on the floor at times. His work can’t be questioned. He could work on my engine upside down on a picnic table and it would be cool.
Another guy painted his car with Rustoleum.
Too many purveyors of perfection here.
Someone actually commented on how many posts I made in 8 weeks so I guess some have that kind of time on their hands.
YouTube isn’t Metro Goodwin Meyer it’s a bunch of us guys doing their hobby.
Some of us just want to have fun.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: