Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Bay Window motorhome RV
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mg93108
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:04 am    Post subject: Bay Window motorhome RV Reply with quote

Truth be told, I'm a water-cooled Vanagon Westfalia enthusiast. But before you jump all over me, I bring an interesting gift to you my dear airheads.
I found this on the equivalent of eBay in Mexico. I'm sure that the link will disappear soon so I took the time to take screenshots (I guess that they don't allow downloads of the pics). I translated the description and I'm posting it here. ENJOY!!!

(Just for fun, I thought that I'd tell you what I do for my profession. I fully restore Vanagon Westfalia's for a living. I've sold 3 this summer and am in the process of restoring 4 more right now. Just thought you might get a kick out of knowing that. If you have a friend that wants to sell one, or have one restored, shoot me a message.)

"Combi Pacomobil 1974, modified in the same year of production, by the "Pacomobil company". They converted 50 units of which only 5 or 6 of them remain in Mexico. I know that there's one in Iran. The restoration project is not finished yet. According to an import expert in the United States, it is valued at $ 18,000 to $ 25,000. It has the original 1600 motor. It is equipped with a monitor and a reversing camera, a kitchenette with a magnetic induction grill, a minibar, a power inverter, and a water pump. Go ahead and finish this project. I will gladly assist you through phone calls. I don't have Whatsapp (a popular international texting app)"

https://auto.mercadolibre.com.mx/MLM-715875097-vol...5dbf3481d8

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

jtauxe Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: Bay Window motorhome RV for sale Reply with quote

That is Very Cool!
1969 Transporter, 1971 Westfalia, 1976, 1977, 1976, 1977, 1971, 1973, 1977 Westfalias,
1979 Champagne Sunroof, 1974 Westfalia Automatic, 1979 Transporter, 1972 Sportsmobile, 1973 Transporter Wild Westerner, 1974 Westfalia parts bus
, 1975 Mexican single cab *FOR SALE*, 1978 Irish 4-door double cab RHD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: Bay Window motorhome RV for sale Reply with quote

Quote:
According to an import expert in the United States, it is valued at $ 18,000 to $ 25,000.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
mg93108
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: Bay Window motorhome RV for sale Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
Quote:
According to an import expert in the United States, it is valued at $ 18,000 to $ 25,000.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Perhaps it is, perhaps it isn't. Personally, I have no idea. I do know that the 1974 vehicles don't require SMOG inspection in California. I looked at importing before. 1975 to 1969 aren't too difficult. 1968 and 1967 are easier still. And 1966 and older are very easy
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Bay Window motorhome RV for sale Reply with quote

Neither does the nameless import expert referenced.
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Bay Window motorhome RV for sale Reply with quote

Oh yeah - i can see that touring the mountains in the western states. Does it come with more than a 2 speed transmission?
aeromech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Bay Window motorhome RV Reply with quote

Robbie needs this
Boeing 727,737-200-300-400,757,767
Airbus A319,320,321
DC9/MD80
BAe146
Fokker F28/F100
VW type 1 1962,63,65,69,72
VW Type 2 1971 (3 ea.) 1978, 1969
VW Jetta
VW Passat
Capable of leaping tall buildings in a single bound
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Wildthings
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Bay Window motorhome RV Reply with quote

I have seen a few of these or something similar to them parked here and there across the west. Kind of figured they were one off creations. They must be terribly slow on level ground and that much worse on a grade. I would think the wind noise against that flat surface would be pretty loud as well.
Bulli Klinik
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:21 am    Post subject: Re: Bay Window motorhome RV Reply with quote

The chandelier and the life-sized Wild Stallion on the side does it for me. Lots of good times waiting to be had in this rig. Sure it's slow but why would you want to drive it fast?
Colorado Springs
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TomWesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: Bay Window motorhome RV Reply with quote

I could take up permanent residence in that! Down by the river of course.....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Bay Window motorhome RV Reply with quote

Subaru and a 2 speed Fordamatic AT...and a mailbox to get parts when it blows up
HoboBus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Bay Window motorhome RV Reply with quote

I've been waiting for the first "Passenger car tires are ok on a bus" joke.

Alas, it hasnt come yet. Brick wall Popcorn

Man what must this thing weigh.

Shocked

Just a beach-oriented camping Hobo with a bus.
mg93108
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Bay Window motorhome RV Reply with quote

I'm glad that you guys got a kick out of this.
Very Happy Laughing
airschooled
Air-Schooled

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Bay Window motorhome RV Reply with quote

aeromech wrote:
Robbie needs this

I agree. I'll start the GoFundMe now.

For anyone else who actually wants this thing, clicks on the (still active) ad, and has a near heart-attack at the price, the exchange rate is about $14,000 US dollars Wink

Robbie
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Wildthings
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Bay Window motorhome RV Reply with quote

About 30 years ago, my wife wanted me to agree to buy a similarly sized camper based on a Toyota turbo diesel pickup. From what I remember it had only about 20,000 miles on it and had receipts for something like $14,000 in repairs. She couldn't understand that all the $14,000 in repair signified was that it had been and would continue to be a money sink, having been a lemon from the get go. I would doubt that the operational cost of the T2 based camper would be very much different in 1989 dollar and would be even more frightening in 2019 dollars.
paul_e_watson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:15 am    Post subject: Re: Bay Window motorhome RV Reply with quote

This is now up for auction on bring a trailer https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1974-volkswagen-pacomobil-snail-camper/#listing-bid but without the Wild Stallion and other stickers.

past stuff:
1966 Bug convertible
1973 Bug
1961 Single Cab
1969 Karmann Ghia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jtauxe Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: Bay Window motorhome RV Reply with quote

Bulli Klinik wrote:
The chandelier and the life-sized Wild Stallion on the side does it for me.

Listen to "I Paint a Design", by Michael Hurley:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kml5LZgNj4M
1969 Transporter, 1971 Westfalia, 1976, 1977, 1976, 1977, 1971, 1973, 1977 Westfalias,
1979 Champagne Sunroof, 1974 Westfalia Automatic, 1979 Transporter, 1972 Sportsmobile, 1973 Transporter Wild Westerner, 1974 Westfalia parts bus
, 1975 Mexican single cab *FOR SALE*, 1978 Irish 4-door double cab RHD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SamboSamba22
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Bay Window motorhome RV Reply with quote

jtauxe wrote:
Bulli Klinik wrote:
The chandelier and the life-sized Wild Stallion on the side does it for me.

Listen to "I Paint a Design", by Michael Hurley:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kml5LZgNj4M

Love this song. Just rocking it last night cruising Hwy. 67 coming back from St. Louis at 1am.

Sam

Oct. ’67 Double Cab (’68 Crew Cab)
[url=http://www.vw-mplate.com/mplate-44412.png]Click to view image[/URL]
March '69 Delivery (Panel Bus)
[url=http://www.vw-mplate.com/mplate-44414.png]Click to view image[/URL]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: