Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Empi product feedback
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Onceler
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:10 pm    Post subject: Empi product feedback Reply with quote

I would like to start a thread for users to post problem/issues with empi products. Ie. this empi product had the wrong thread size, or this particular product didn’t fit properly. This thread is for manufacturers defects or design flaws not vendor feedback. Who knows, maybe the manufacturers can improve if everything is in a central location. So please post design/manufacturing deficiencies. If related to service type issues please post in the appropriate feedback thread.
Onceler
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Empi product feedback Reply with quote

I’ll start. The empi accelerator repair kit is garbage. The spring included does not match the oem spring and in no way can be installed to work correctly. It’s total garbage. Don’t waste your money
AlmostHeavenWV_VW Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:43 am    Post subject: Re: Empi product feedback Reply with quote

I know your acting here in good faith, but the Buyer & Seller Feedback forum is made/set up specifically for the purposes your are intending.

"For feedback on: Buyers or Sellers, VW parts, or Vendors"

I would post your feedback in the appropriate, current thread in the Seller Feedback forum. Or if there is not an existing thread, feel free to create one for the new supplier.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewforum.php?f=14

For example, the long running EMPI thread:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=167811&highlight=empi
Bosch DVDA 205AJ Distributor
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: Empi product feedback Reply with quote

[quote="AlmostHeavenWV_VW"] I would post your feedback in the appropriate, current thread in the Seller Feedback forum. Or if there is not an existing thread, feel free to create one for the new /quote]

Wow I see you’ve been here a scant 2 years and have already made moderator, congratulations Very Happy
Relyt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: Empi product feedback Reply with quote

Everyone says that EMPI parts are garbage, but I have to disagree.

Their front license plate bracket does a great job of holding my license plate to the front bumper.
205T (Bill)
supercub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Empi product feedback Reply with quote

Their cheap and cheesy chrome hood hinge brackets that I replaced the mangled originals with have held my decklid on for almost 10 years with no problems.
andk5591
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Empi product feedback Reply with quote

If you are not aware, there have been a LOT of changes at Empi lately - new ownership, etc. I have not been on the "everything Empi is crap" bandwagon. Yeah, some stuff is pretty rough, but I have used a lot of their stuff and have been happy with the newer carbs in particular over the last couple years.
"John's car" 64 VW woodie - The first ever
Maxine 61 Cal-look bug - Cindy's daily driver.
Max - 73 standard Beetle hearse project - For sale
66 bug project - Real patina & Suby conversion
There's more, but not keeping them...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Onceler
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Empi product feedback Reply with quote

Yes, I was trying to separate out the service and product aspect, with just the product aspect, in order to more easily decipher the good and bad products from each company. However, I can see where the overlap might just be too similar, so these threads might get locked or moved to another forum. Basically I wanted to kind of duplicate the Harbor Freight sticky.
cbeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Empi product feedback Reply with quote

My flaps no longer sells this product of empi's. Lot of empi stuff he won't sell anymore.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Empi product feedback Reply with quote

Relyt wrote:

Their front license plate bracket does a great job of holding my license plate to the front bumper.

Oh hell yes they make a very nice vinyl sticker with their name which BTW was aped back in the 60s from the Pan Am blue meatball.
AlmostHeavenWV_VW Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Empi product feedback Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:
AlmostHeavenWV_VW wrote:
I would post your feedback in the appropriate, current thread in the Seller Feedback forum. Or if there is not an existing thread, feel free to create one for the new

Wow I see you’ve been here a scant 2 years and have already made moderator, congratulations Very Happy

No thanks, I'll just stick to being a lowly member Shocked

Just trying to link out so that anyone finding this thread in the future will get directed towards the seller/buyer feedback forum for more information on the hands-on experience many have had with EMPI. Very Happy
Bosch DVDA 205AJ Distributor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Empi product feedback Reply with quote

AlmostHeavenWV_VW wrote:
Zundfolge1432 wrote:
AlmostHeavenWV_VW wrote:
I would post your feedback in the appropriate, current thread in the Seller Feedback forum. Or if there is not an existing thread, feel free to create one for the new

No thanks, I'll just stick to being a lowly member Shocked

Just trying to link out so that anyone finding this thread in the future will get directed towards the seller/buyer feedback forum for more information on the hands-on experience many have had with EMPI. Very Happy

That’s a great idea
Onceler
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Empi product feedback Reply with quote

Empi wheel selection is great! I have Porsche style Fuchs from Empi on my Ghia no issues.
Also installed front and rear empi discs. Couldn’t get rid of an annoying squeak when braking, tried bending the rear mounts, shimming the fronts, nothing would help. Finally installed EBC pads and No more squeak and stops on a dime.
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Empi product feedback Reply with quote

most issues can be traced back to the installer....like i said before the chrome is about the only bad empi part IVE ever seen. but the old bugpoop had lost of junk stuff.
I think empis bad rep comes for clueless fools effing up good parts that are sold cheeper than the other guys.and if they had bought the expensive good big name stuff they wood still fill the swap meats with junk.
BSQUARE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Empi product feedback Reply with quote

I put an EMPI complete drive axle on my 1988 Ford Festiva.
It has held up for four or five years without any troubles. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dave
Samba Elder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Empi product feedback Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:
Relyt wrote:

Oh hell yes they make a very nice vinyl sticker with their name which BTW was aped back in the 60s from the Pan Am blue meatball.

Yes, that was straight from an interview I did with Joe Vittone, about 20 years ago or so.

"Those that matter, don't mind,
and those that mind, don't matter"
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: