Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Full Flow Oil Line Fittings
Forum Index -> Vintage Speed Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
gimmesomeshelter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:08 pm    Post subject: Full Flow Oil Line Fittings Reply with quote

I’m trying to figure out which oil fittings I'll need to plum my vintage canister full flow oil filter.

Option 1

Oil pump cover to 3/8 NPT to 1/2 barb fitting...

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Connected to some braided rubber hose...

With a crimped collar to make everything look pretty.

At the other end of the oil line would be a banjo eye...

and a banjo bolt.

Option 2

instead of using a banjo bolt and eye, I would use a bent tube.

I believe I’ll need to use a male to male NPT to metric adapter to make this work.

Is one type of fitting better than the other?

Cheers,

Paul

Richard Feynman
derRHDmeister
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:31 am    Post subject: Re: Full Flow Oil Line Fittings Reply with quote

I'm currently looking for a source for the above fittings. I plan to utilize the existing oil canister that came with the buggy but no lines or fittings. I hope someone can chime in where to get them. I'm using a 36hp which I assume will need specialized adapter fitting for the banjo /oil sender combo? then the return line back to the distributor clamp stud? Anyone selling them individually not as a kit? The line will be the custom length as it is mounted on the firewall, not on the shroud.

I was able to find this replacement filter
https://www.pelicanparts.com/More_Info/54607827.htm?pn=546-07-827-M67

unclespanky wrote:
Piercy could dip those wheel cylinders between his cheek and gums and spit them out rebuilt.

Check us out @
Instagram: DeafVolks & BarndoorBuggy
Big_E_Deluxe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Full Flow Oil Line Fittings Reply with quote

I've gone down this path recently, it's a lot of trial and error. A lot of the fittings and hose line you are looking for can be found at the following online suppliers listed below. FYI, some oil canisters are metric, while others are standard threads. I bought a lot of parts and did trial fittings before I made the correct setup.

Partsklassik: They have the correct oil lines, sold by the foot, and fittings.
They can also crimp your ferrules/collars correctly on oil and fuel lines for an extra fee. Crimping tool is expensive at $900 to $1200. So, unless you plan to make a bunch of oil lines for yourself and friends, buying the tool is not cost effective. https://www.partsklassik.com/c-14-shop-supplies.aspx#Ma12| Refine search for: Cohline

Belmetric: They have a complete line of fittings and ferrules/collars sizes that some don't. https://www.belmetric.com/metric-banjo-bolts-and-fittings-c-14_850/?zenid=eqh6s5fcffn9726meijvr4k2i0

Hope this helps, good luck!

1958 VW Beetle - "Max": https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
1959 VW Bus - "Hans" - Double Door Panel (sold): https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=746927
2014 Porsche 991.1 Carrera S
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
derRHDmeister
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: Full Flow Oil Line Fittings Reply with quote

the links you sent are helpful, I will chase down what I need. Thanks!

For the 36hp, I'm trying to find this oil sender adapter fitting and hollow stud for return line part circled in the pic below

unclespanky wrote:
Piercy could dip those wheel cylinders between his cheek and gums and spit them out rebuilt.

Check us out @
Instagram: DeafVolks & BarndoorBuggy
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vintage Speed All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: