Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1958 Coral Red Bug - Schlams
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
dawerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:58 pm    Post subject: 1958 Coral Red Bug - Schlams Reply with quote

Loonngg time no Bug! Very excited about this one, gonna try to have it as a fun driver.
Dragged her in..
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Pulled Engine as it was stuck

Cool emblem

Look at the wheel wells!!!

Take off hood

Get rid of a few things and look at tire area...

Last edited by dawerks on Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
67 Florida Deluxe
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: 1958 Coral Red Bug - Schlamps Reply with quote

Nice find, congrats! Applause
Especially when they come with some very cool accoutrements such as the original dealership badge and an Eberspacher. That front apron is WOW!

dawerks wrote:

OG member of the '67 Posse

A few of my toys, past and present
'56 Oval, '66 KG Conv't, '67 21-Window, '67 Bug, '79 SuperVert, '55 Pre-A Continental
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Zwitterkafer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:57 pm    Post subject: Re: 1958 Coral Red Bug - Schlams Reply with quote

That monstrosity is no Eberspacher. Saskatchewan car?
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:36 pm    Post subject: Re: 1958 Coral Red Bug - Schlams Reply with quote

Love the super-tight hood lines, doesn't look like it's ever plowed anything.
dawerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: 1958 Coral Red Bug - Schlams Reply with quote

Yeah I took out the heater. And Afaik it's all straight except for bottom of rear fenders. Not much rust. The plan is to get it running and driving.

The shifter was totally loose, looks like something in the nosecone.
Digger89L
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: 1958 Coral Red Bug - Schlams Reply with quote

For being a Saskatchewan, Canada originating car, it certainly seems to lack the 'usual' rust of a 61 year old 'Canadian Rust Belt' vehicle!! Grenfell, SK currently has a population of about 1,000 ...it was likely a bit larger back in 1958. Many small towns had VW dealers back in the day, usually as an add-on to a farm implement dealership, or to full service (with mechanic on duty) gas station. Where I'm originally from in Sask, our local VW dealer was a Shell gas station.
stale air
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: 1958 Coral Red Bug - Schlams Reply with quote

Wow, very cool car congrats! Shocked

Other than making it a driver, what are the plans?

By the way, coral is a killer color, and even though its a repaint, it may come back to life with some TLC.

Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
panicman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: 1958 Coral Red Bug - Schlams Reply with quote

Very cool find!!

Thanks Digger for the info about the VW dealerships. I would have never known that.
Digger89L
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: 1958 Coral Red Bug - Schlams Reply with quote

panicman wrote:
Very cool find!!

Thanks Digger for the info about the VW dealerships. I would have never known that.

Grenfell, SK is only about 100 miles from me (as the crow flies ..or about 150 miles if you're rolling a flat tire, or carrying an empty gas can!!) ..its on the Trans Canada Highway, just east of the province's capital city. Be interesting to know how the car ended up out west, and in the USA.
dawerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: 1958 Coral Red Bug - Schlams Reply with quote

Digger89L wrote:
panicman wrote:
Very cool find!!

Grenfell, SK is only about 100 miles from me (as the crow flies ..or about 150 miles if you're rolling a flat tire, or carrying an empty gas can!!) ..its on the Trans Canada Highway, just east of the province's capital city. Be interesting to know how the car ended up out west, and in the USA.

I'm in Edmonton, Alberta 😊 My buddy bought it this summer and he has too many projects, so he passed it to me. I'm hoping to get it running before winter.
bwaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: 1958 Coral Red Bug - Schlams Reply with quote

Looks an awful like my 58 from Saskatchewan.

What’s the serial number?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: