Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Mexican VW's
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Evil Clown
Live

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Mexican VW's Reply with quote

Mexican maybe?
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Quote:
I'll take a Happy Meal with Prozac please

Quote:
kiss my airy VW ass

Quote:
German word for constapation:
Farfrompoopin

Quote:
Chinese word for constipation:
Hung Chow Chow.. & it was GR8!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
petrol punk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Mexican VW Part Availability Reply with quote

36hplandspeedracer wrote:
I just wanted to put in a good word about Antonio Trejo, a genuine VW Dealer Parts Department On-Line Manager from Mexico City.

As a new owner of a 2003 Mexican Beetle (air cooled), I wanted to acquire spare parts unique to the Mexican air cooled Beetle. Seeing positive feedback on "the Samba" forums about Antonio I emailed him a list of the parts in question. He responded within 24 hours with a price quote as well as answering questions on availability of technical information I felt would be critical to enjoying my Beetle.

I ordered the parts on September 29th and he immediately had the parts pulled and shipped via Fed Ex. My parts arrived this morning, just 10 days later, Mexico to the USA.

Amazing service that has earned a longtime customer. Thanx Antonio, looking forward to doing business with you and your dealership in the future.

Burly Burlile
Utah USA

As a footnote, I was pleased to see both the throttle and clutch cables sent were of German manufacture.

How were you able to get it titled and registered? There's a '98 for sale near me, the only thing holding me back is I don't feel like doing a pan swap.
BenJAMin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Mexican VW's Reply with quote

On a 21 year old car if you're feeling lucky you could register it in Vermont and keep it registered there on your Nevada address. Alternatively, use the Vermont paperwork to register it to a Montana LLC. While these are strictly "legal" either approach will get you US paperwork. The third possiblity is that Nevada may accept the Vermont paperwork.
36hplandspeedracer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Mexican VW Part Availability Reply with quote

petrol punk wrote:
36hplandspeedracer wrote:
I just wanted to put in a good word about Antonio Trejo, a genuine VW Dealer Parts Department On-Line Manager from Mexico City.

As a new owner of a 2003 Mexican Beetle (air cooled), I wanted to acquire spare parts unique to the Mexican air cooled Beetle. Seeing positive feedback on "the Samba" forums about Antonio I emailed him a list of the parts in question. He responded within 24 hours with a price quote as well as answering questions on availability of technical information I felt would be critical to enjoying my Beetle.

I ordered the parts on September 29th and he immediately had the parts pulled and shipped via Fed Ex. My parts arrived this morning, just 10 days later, Mexico to the USA.

Amazing service that has earned a longtime customer. Thanx Antonio, looking forward to doing business with you and your dealership in the future.

Burly Burlile
Utah USA

As a footnote, I was pleased to see both the throttle and clutch cables sent were of German manufacture.

How were you able to get it titled and registered? There's a '98 for sale near me, the only thing holding me back is I don't feel like doing a pan swap.

Petrol Punk, I purchased it where it was already registered in Arizona. When I approached my DMV, they had me bring it in for a Vin inspection with the Mexican Vin and that was my only requirement. My insurance company also required photos. We do not have safety inspections in Utah (the car has less than 17000 miles on it) and my rural area does not require emissions tests. That being said, the party I purchased the car from lived in California and was unable to license it there because the car is not equipped with a computer plug for checking emission operation so California will not license it. Other than the new Kombi I purchased in 1970, this is the nicest tight VW I have owned out of over a hundred.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pharos
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:16 am    Post subject: Re: Mexican VW's Reply with quote

Hi,

I need to know what is the compression ration set for Mexican Cabs In heavy slow traffic and high temp weather climate.
Bruce
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:26 am    Post subject: Re: Mexican VW's Reply with quote

The engines are the same for Mexican Beetles and taxis. The CR of the Mexican Beetle engine is higher than any German engine ever was.
It is 7.75:1.
I have a friend in Mexico City who runs a Beetle shop. When his customers ask for more power, he increases the CR to just over 9:1.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Johntom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Mexican VW's Reply with quote

I have a 1990 VW Type 1, It's mostly the same as the late 70's Bug. But not everything. No VIN just the serial number. Single brake master cylinder. But here is My question, I need to remove the steering column.
The 2 big bolts that support the column are some king of special bolts with no head. Any Ideas?
mukluk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Mexican VW's Reply with quote

Johntom wrote:
I need to remove the steering column.
The 2 big bolts that support the column are some king of special bolts with no head. Any Ideas?

They're shear bolts. Drill, grind, or use a cold chisel and hammer to remove them.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9241318&highlight=#9241318
https://www.heritagepartscentre.com/us/411417549-sheer-bolt-for-steering-column.html
Johntom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Mexican VW's Reply with quote

I kinda thought that was the way, But I am kind of a big and old guy and do not fit very well.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: