Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

I took second place with my bug in the car show today.
Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
liquidrush
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:22 pm    Post subject: I took second place with my bug in the car show today. Reply with quote

I entered it in special interest class and I took second place. It's been a long time since I've been in a car show and the majority of other enter-ees were busy rubbing and polishing their cars all day and ignoring people and shooing off kids that get too close while I let the kids climb in the bug for pics and to have a little fun. Had a great time plus, just before the rain started I brought the bug back and covered it up then drove the truck back for the awards and saw all of the carefully polished cars getting rained on.
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: I took second place with my bug in the car show today. Reply with quote

Pictures?

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
liquidrush
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:10 am    Post subject: Re: I took second place with my bug in the car show today. Reply with quote

Out of the whole day my wife took only this one pic of myself and the bug while I'm staring at the storm coming on my telephone. Also my 2nd place trophy. It was a lot of fun but some of those car show guys are entirely too serious and yes, my front suspension is jacked up but the Bug is coming home this weekend and it's on my list of repairs for next year.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

rkwfxd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:27 am    Post subject: Re: I took second place with my bug in the car show today. Reply with quote

Congrats.

Got any side shots?
cbeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: I took second place with my bug in the car show today. Reply with quote

So do you have to own property in innsbrook to enter/attend the show? I do have a customer who lives in the backside off stracks? church rd.
dirtkeeper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: I took second place with my bug in the car show today. Reply with quote

nice win!

i got second place in a show about 35 years ago. No trophy

I was dumbfounded to discover that nobody drove their car to the show but me.
liquidrush
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:31 am    Post subject: Re: I took second place with my bug in the car show today. Reply with quote

cbeck wrote:
So do you have to own property in innsbrook to enter/attend the show? I do have a customer who lives in the backside off stracks? church rd.

Property owner since 1974. My Dad bought out there shortly after they got started and we grew up out there. Even though my Dad has passed, my sister and I are keeping it and I have taken over for my Dad. I always wondered why he liked to go out there and piddle around with stuff and now I totally get it. I'm self employed and I ditch work whenever possible to get out there.
liquidrush
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: I took second place with my bug in the car show today. Reply with quote

This is the only other pic I have. Those are fishing pole racks on the top tubes, l load up my gear and poles and roll around from lake to lake fishing all day. It's a lot of fun.
Axitech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: I took second place with my bug in the car show today. Reply with quote

I’m interested in your headlights. Are they DOT-approved?
He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.-Thomas Jefferson
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Axitech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: I took second place with my bug in the car show today. Reply with quote

I’m interested in your headlights. Are they DOT-approved?
He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.-Thomas Jefferson
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
liquidrush
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: I took second place with my bug in the car show today. Reply with quote

Yes, my headlights have been spot checked by the DOT 23 times.
Axitech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: I took second place with my bug in the car show today. Reply with quote

Any info on where ya bought them, price, are you satisfied with them?

Axitech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: I took second place with my bug in the car show today. Reply with quote

Any info on where ya bought them, price, are you satisfied with them?

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: