Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

69 bay bus "Weld Busler"
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yarkle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: 69 bay bus "Weld Busler" Reply with quote

yes, the wiring harness (i think we got it from aircooled.net?) was supergood. a few of the black wires with a stripe you do have to look at twice to make sure its the right one though, but overall im really pleased with it.

i did manage to get every terminal through that back grommet, ill post up some pix soon. Its really not THAT hard..maybe its just how i think that it seemed itd be harder.

BUT... well, Lebs tailights were shot, so i made the mistake of getting new ones.The "new" seals were so deformed it was impossible to put them in, so i should have just done "buy once, cry once" , but truth be told getting a used set that i need to refurb and wolfsburg west seals would have only been 25 more in the long run. With a lot less swearing and destruction (the plastic ones had literally half of the "chrome" shredded by manipulating it in the hole)

so i gotta refurb some I got from DannyZ

Plus theres a bit of bendiness in one of the holes, and i had it "good enuff" fixed with pliers (or so i thought-- that wasnt the side i wrecked the new light one, so it probably wouldnt have worked anyways) so i need to do the tack weld and slide hammer to straighten it up a bit

So thatll be the project for the next time he comes home, and maybe put the windshield wiper motor in.

Ive been thinking of doing it as a surprise b4 he gets home, but leaf fighting season has begun,

AND

the Blubaru has been treating me poorly, so ive had to devote my limited attention span to getting that running

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=771024&highlight=
Yarkle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:35 pm    Post subject: Re: 69 bay bus "Weld Busler" Reply with quote

Ugh, 3 years since my last post. Stupid covid and being a "essential employee mailman".

Anyways, Caleb and I agreed it was time to let Weld go, he has a job in Mass and doesnt have the time or the room for it anymore, and I need a wrangler to keep focused.

I sold both buses to a Samba member who will work on them with his sons.

Caleb and I had alot fo good times wrenching on this, and hes said several times that what hed learned had come in handy.

So, both Caleb and i would like to thank everyone who has helped out over the years.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Im not leaving the aircooled world entirely,

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=771024&sid=90d09f92fa9bff8bf8b8d6481977854e

I did ask my doctor for a prescritpion for soem sort of ointment to cure shipwrights disease.

This one is more manageable

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=771024&highlight=
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: