Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Today in Bay Window hunting History
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 88, 89, 90 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

58euro wrote:
Found this baywindow westy the other day the seller claims it's a 68 but judging by the color I'd say it's a 70-71 although I could be wrong. Looking at the Mcode though it appears like it possibly could be off a 68? Does that mean the mcode was pulled off of a 68 and put onto this bus? I typically use the mcode decoder website but it appears to be down.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Well the blue paint trapped in the edges of the numbers is one clue, and since M plates are installed before paint and painted body color there's another clue, and finally it says the bus it came off of is Neptune blue I'll guess it didn't leave Germany installed on that particular bus.
What's the Vin plate behind the RH seat say and does it match what's in the engine compartment, on the dash and in the LH door jamb? The number in the very bottom right is the last digits of the Vin.

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
58euro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

@busdaddy thanks I hadn't noticed the blue paint sticking around the numbers until now that you mention it. When I tried to decipher it I also thought it came back as a Neptune blue bus which is what had me curious. I'm not a baywindow guy though so figured I probably just read it wrong. I didn't check the Vin on the rest of the bus, I will go back and do so though. Can't imagine why someone would swap Mcodes unless it was a stolen bus or some other weird reason?
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

That paint code sticker is L 31 H which is Chianti red, for a 70-71 bus.

Me thinks someone may have swapped that plate to match a handy title. More investigation is definitely necessary.
consvws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

I just pulled this '78 automatic sunroof bus from its resting place. Still need to unload all the random engines inside, that's why it looks lowered right now.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
consvws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

yesterdays type 4 haul & one automatic transmission
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ivwshane
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

consvws wrote:

I see two egr valves that might be worth looking at;)
SamboSamba22
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:17 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

ivwshane wrote:
consvws wrote:

I see two egr valves that might be worth looking at;)

Yep, I’ll take all of that. Laughing

Oct. ’67 Double Cab (’68 Crew Cab)
[url=http://www.vw-mplate.com/mplate-44412.png]Click to view image[/URL]
March '69 Delivery (Panel Bus)
[url=http://www.vw-mplate.com/mplate-44414.png]Click to view image[/URL]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
shiningstar76
Samba Brewer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

dragginwagon wrote:
76 we lucked up on today.
New to buses so have alot of research todo

Pro tip: They can and will catch on fire. Be vigilant about your fuel lines.
My bus caught on fire and is now on the other coast with someone who gave me money for it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
consvws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

unloaded a bunch of v6s & v8s outta this thing, and finally brought her home yesterday
Spike0180
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:55 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

consvws wrote:
unloaded a bunch of v6s & v8s outta this thing, and finally brought her home yesterday

You just couldn't let her keep up with traffic, could you?
Other cars: 2003 F150, 2003 Jetta GLI vr6-6sp

Sambastic: adj; the quality of being nit picky, elitist, expecting everyone to do things the way they believe is best with no regard to situation, "sambastic"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:15 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

Finally got around to loking at some Westys in S. Vermont, the '79 is rusty, but not bad, the '72 is waaaay bad rusty... I'm on the fence about buying them.

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
KentABQ Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

crukab wrote:
Finally got around to loking at some Westys in S. Vermont, the '79 is rusty, but not bad, the '72 is waaaay bad rusty... I'm on the fence about buying them.

Wait wait!!!
Don't buy it!!!
The overriders are installed upside down! Shocked

"I must say, how can you be in a bad mood driving this vehicle full of vibrant color.
Cars of today are so bland in comparison. It's like driving a celebration!"
---WildIdea

Bus ownership via emoticons:
Very Happy Shocked Mad Sad Embarassed d'oh! Pray Brick wall Pray Dancing Dancing Dancing ---williamM
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
60vwnewengland
Twin #2

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

KentPS wrote:
crukab wrote:

Wait wait!!!
Don't buy it!!!

LMAO!!

79 looks like its got potential. All in the eyes of the beholder though... Any interior left? smell like a mouse septic tank?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jetfxr69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:03 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

crukab wrote:

Whats your possible plan for the 79? Im always interested in spare parts for our 77’s, so maybe i can work a deal with you on picking that one up. PM me if interested. Cheers, Jay

‘77 westy Seamus
‘76 tintop Crusher
‘77 westy The Judge
‘72 tintop bastard westy Hudson
Jetfxr69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

My buddy Ryan just scored this barn find in northern vt for $1000.

Yes friends, your seeing right, the elusive YELLOW PAIL!

‘77 westy Seamus
‘76 tintop Crusher
‘77 westy The Judge
‘72 tintop bastard westy Hudson
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

That and the table behind the seat. Its a Deluxe baby!

Tell Ryan he f*cking scored. Cool

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Eighty horses
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:55 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

I'll say he scored. Wow.
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:55 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

60vwnewengland wrote:
KentPS wrote:
crukab wrote:

Wait wait!!!
Don't buy it!!!

LMAO!!

79 looks like its got potential. All in the eyes of the beholder though... Any interior left? smell like a mouse septic tank?

It does not stank like Mouse, most all of the interior is there, no yellow bucket.. Laughing It looks like a better than a parts Bus, should/could see the road again, and yea, the 1st thing I spotted was those upside down overiders... Rolling Eyes Laughing
I'm working out the transport details now. The guy also has 7 Vanagon in various states of decay, one is a '82 Diesel Westy.

My Pops:
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'86 Doublecab W/T
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

crukab wrote:
the 1st thing I spotted was those upside down overiders... Rolling Eyes Laughing

Is the whole bumper mounted upside down?
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bay Window hunting History Reply with quote

Picked up that '79 Westy , this is the better Rolling Eyes of the 2.
I hope to get the '72 Westy tomorrow, we have Snow coming again this week, that is usually the end of bringing home Buses for the season..... Sad

My Pops:

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'86 Doublecab W/T
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 88, 89, 90 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Jump to:
Page 89 of 100

Jump to: