Joined: July 11, 2003
Location: Boston, MA
|Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:58 pm Post subject: Re: Transporterfest - Brookline and Salem, MA - 10/13/19
|Here are some show and camping results.
The pre-show gathering in Salem was windy Thursday, windy and wet Friday, and improved on Sat. We had 5 campers on Thursday, 18 on Friday and 29 on Saturday. The payoff for the rough weather came quickly though, Sunday was a fabulous weather day.
We 214 registered show cars on Sunday, a record turn-out by at least 20 vehicles! I apologize if you got blocked in during the show. I did my best to keep some aisles, but the VWs just kept coming and coming all day long.
Show awards, by people's choice, with special features.
1) Tom Fiske, Norwood, MA, 1964 Bug, 31k original miles, gas heater
2) Lucas Pavlino, Medway, MA, 1964 Bug, air ride, vinyl wrap
3) Lincoln Robello, Marlborough, MA, 1966 Bug
Convertible, Ghia, Type 3, 4, Thing
1) Bruce Cannon, Northfield, MA, 1973 Karmann Ghia sedan, 'shaved and bagged'
2) Lucan Sheehan, Maynard, MA, 1969 Fastback, original
3) Frank Rivera, Marlborough, MA, 1967 Squareback, air ride
Water-cooled and Eurovan
1) Dr. S. Patel, Weston, MA, 1988 Scirocco 16V, totally original
2) Evan Felger, Blackstone, MA, 1986 Scirocco 16V
1) EAS, Waltham, MA, 1974 SP2, Brazilian made, one of five in the US
2) Jody Sauvageau, Cumberland, RI, 1957 Speedster replica
3) Mauro Pari, North Weymouth, MA, 1967 VW, 2276cc Porsche 901/2 5-speed
1) Raphael Pinto, Ashland, MA, 1965 Samba, 23 window
2) Mike Oakes, Portsmouth, NH, 1967 Deluxe, 21 window, 2nd owner
3) Darren Rush, Plaistow, NH, 1959 Single cab, patina and logos
Bay Window Bus
1) Juan and Beth Avina, NH, 1992 single cab, Mexican made
2) Bob Ottalia, Peabody, MA, 1978 single cab
3) Ken Mitchell, Salem, MA, 1978 Adventurewagen, Subaru powered
1) Matt Attwood, Bath, ME, 1990 Multivan
2) Stephen Gronberg, Nashua, NH, 1982 Westy, TDI motor
3) Brad Robillard, Hopkinton, MA, 1986 Westy, lifted, not a Syncro
Longest Distance, air-cooled
Dave MacDougal, Fort Lauderdale, FL, 1976 Westy, has been to 46 of 50 states and ALL major league baseball parks
Thanks to everyone who came out and made it a great show! Special thanks to all my helpers and volunteers, our sponsor Stan's Classic Service, DJ Mark E. Johnson, and the staff at the Larz Anderson auto museum.
Stan's Classic Service, specializing in air-cooled VWs:
My '61 Mango bus thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=110367
My '64 vert thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=386344
My '71 squareback thread: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=637709