Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

NH pig roast
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
andrewtf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:41 am    Post subject: Re: NH pig roast Reply with quote

Quote:
Andrew - Murphy and Big Emma should do a jaunt this way, one day. Trip across the border to Maine, too Smile

I can't say Murphy has made that trip (but certainly will).
Big Emma has made it at least twice!
Emma and Sven did an eastern US summer tour before their big launch on the PanAmerican Highway, And I first saw Big Emma (simply named 'Emma" at the time) in Bangor where Andres (the owner at the time) picked me up when I flew out to buy her. We drove to Bar Harbor, where they lived at the time) and we did the deal.

That is one part of the great Big Emma story. She was already named Emma, which we had no idea about when I went to look at her. It was painted on the bumper. She was being essentially bought for our Emma. Best Karma God ever gave us.

My sister moved to just north of Keene last fall - so we'll make it there in the next summer or two.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Davydomes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:05 am    Post subject: Re: NH pig roast Reply with quote

I thought it was Battersea Power Station. I think this is now a listed building.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thu..._river.jpg

"Mum, Dad ………. I'm Bay"

Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet. Jean-Jaques Rousseau
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: NH pig roast Reply with quote

andrewtf wrote:
Quote:
Andrew - Murphy and Big Emma should do a jaunt this way, one day. Trip across the border to Maine, too Smile

Emma and Sven did an eastern US summer tour before their big launch on the PanAmerican Highway, And I first saw Big Emma (simply named 'Emma" at the time) in Bangor where Andres (the owner at the time) picked me up when I flew out to buy her. We drove to Bar Harbor, where they lived at the time) and we did the deal.

That is one part of the great Big Emma story. She was already named Emma, which we had no idea about when I went to look at her. It was painted on the bumper. She was being essentially bought for our Emma. Best Karma God ever gave us.

My sister moved to just north of Keene last fall - so we'll make it there in the next summer or two.

Coordinate and stop for an overnight in Albany if you so care. We are obnoxiously 3/4 the way between you and KEENE

ALBANY is covered though...

First prize,,,a week in Albany

Second prize,,,,
Jetfxr69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: NH pig roast Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:

We might be on our way up to Maine that weekend in Ludwig Van, the T4

Is AC and 200 HP allowed?

Well hell!, if you want to make a more northern approach into Maine, than by all means, stop bye. Dedicated VW only parking will be provided, all kinds welcomed.

Just aim your modern mapping gizmo for Forest Lake State Park. If you get close to the park, just ask anyone driving bye where the party is, theyll either be coming or going from it. Small town.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

‘77 westy Seamus
‘76 tintop Crusher
‘77 westy The Judge
‘72 tintop bastard westy Hudson
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jetfxr69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: NH pig roast Reply with quote

Current beer list, all on tap, subject to change.

Heady topper clone. (Alchemist—VT). Homebrew

Fat Tire clone. ( New Belgium- CO). Homebrew

Pickled Pigs Feet Porter. ( my brew). Homebrew
Full disclosure that no pigs feet were harmed in the making of said brew.

Jacks Abbey Ocktoberfet. ( Jacks Abbey-Mass).

Citizen Cider. Unchosen flavor yet. ( VT)

PBR. No need to explain.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

This is actually last years photo as we are building a new unit now, but you get the point.

‘77 westy Seamus
‘76 tintop Crusher
‘77 westy The Judge
cmonSTART
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: NH pig roast Reply with quote

andrewtf wrote:

Oh very cool - not far from me.
ImAddicted
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: NH pig roast Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
andrewtf wrote:
Quote:

Coordinate and stop for an overnight in Albany if you so care. We are obnoxiously 3/4 the way between you and KEENE

ALBANY is covered though...

First prize,,,a week in Albany

Second prize,,,,

I was right, I thought I was near you last month when we went for the better half's annual family gathering in Latham.

Second prize: a week in Troy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Andrew - if you get back to the Maine way again, pretty good VW community here just over the NH border in NW Maine Smile
Original condition, which means something different on this forum than anywhere else!
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: NH pig roast Reply with quote

Quote:
Pickled Pigs Feet Porter. ( my brew). Homebrew
Full disclosure that no pigs feet were harmed in the making of said brew.

I’ll testify that this one was f-awesome
cmonSTART
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: NH pig roast Reply with quote

Very bummed I couldn't make it! Funerals pop up sometimes with little notice.
Jetfxr69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: NH pig roast Reply with quote

Thanks Steve for stopping bye and joining us. The cider kicked last night and the next to go down this morning just after you left was the porter. Apparentely others agreed with your opinion of that one. Havent opened the chiller to check the others, but expect to find most very light.

‘77 westy Seamus
‘76 tintop Crusher
‘77 westy The Judge
ImAddicted
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: NH pig roast Reply with quote

Not happy missed it:( bus still not n Raphael but was going to head over in the DD. Waterheater blew Sat AM, ended up replacing a Bunch of pipes, wiring, and structural wood. Just got finished up and all systems in a few hours ago. Hope it was a good day!
Original condition, which means something different on this forum than anywhere else!
Jetfxr69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:23 am    Post subject: Re: NH pig roast Reply with quote

Temps have dipped into the 20’s already this season, and the leaves are turning early. Those are sure signs that its pig killin time again. We will be having our 6th Annual and “ per CDC guidelines” Last Ever Fawn rd Family Fun Fall Festival.

October 10-11. We cook early morning on the 10th and expect to eat about 1-2 pm. As usual there will be a bounce house, horseshoe tournament, beers and cider on tap, full bar, pickled eggs and sausage ( our own), and random mayhem. No hayrides this year as the last two years have ended in disaster ( broken trailer and a broken skull). Well, not really broken skull, but whacked pretty good.

Anyways, all are welcomed. We will have level spots for bus camping and breakfast in the morning for any who stay over. Abscate can attest to the morning after.

We dont ask for any money, but do ask that if you join us, bring anything and everything to go on the feed table. We dont care what it is. If 6 people bring potato salad, then we have...potato salad. Bar bottles are always welcomed and easy too.

Not sure of this years size as we didnt do flyers. Most people up here know about it and look forward to it each year, so we could see anywheres from 50-100. All depends on the weather.

Map and address are in previous posts.

‘77 westy Seamus
‘76 tintop Crusher
‘77 westy The Judge
cmonSTART
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:39 am    Post subject: Re: NH pig roast Reply with quote

I'll be there, possibly with a kid or 2 in tow.

Looking forward to it - I guess I need to give Twinkie a bath!
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: NH pig roast Reply with quote

On my calendar, and I’ll see what I can do.

I’ll try not to recruit kids into the Navy ‘this year. I’ll definitely be easy picking at the poker table
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: NH pig roast Reply with quote

Looks like a fun time, I'll have to see if I can roll over there saturday, maybe bring the '91 to camp in......

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
Jetfxr69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: NH pig roast Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
On my calendar, and I’ll see what I can do.

I’ll try not to recruit kids into the Navy ‘this year. I’ll definitely be easy picking at the poker table

thanks for reminding me to mention that as well. poker, darts, and a wicked pissah!

‘77 westy Seamus
‘76 tintop Crusher
‘77 westy The Judge
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:37 am    Post subject: Re: NH pig roast Reply with quote

Gender neutral Pissah

If we just get a T3 to turn up we can do the rare t1-T4 picture...
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: NH pig roast Reply with quote

Looks like I should be rolling North to your Pig Roast this coming weekend, bringing the '91 Vanagoon to camp in, hope we are still invited ??

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
cmonSTART
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: NH pig roast Reply with quote

I was prepping for it today. See you next weekend!
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: NH pig roast Reply with quote

I’m doubtful for next weekend. My better half is neck deep in Covid response and I need to spend weekends making sure she does,,...,

Nothing.

Promise I’ll make the final one next year,when this war is over.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: