Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Chris Morrice - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Chris Morrice
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: April 15, 2024
Sage79
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:53 am    Post subject: Re: Chris Morrice - [email protected] Reply with quote

Just got a Westy table from Chris, fairly priced. Thanks!
'77 delux 2.0FI 090Auto - now my son's
Wigglesworth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Chris Morrice - [email protected] Reply with quote

Chris is a great Guy!

He sorted me out with a T3 front end with heater channels & all 4 wings (Fenders), popped them on a pallet & shipped them to the U.K for me.
He steered me away from the items I was originally looking at & put me onto the parts that I finally bought, which are in great condition & better products & all at a very reasonable price.
He communicated with me a lot & made the whole process very slick.
I had never purchased & shipped items & he put me at ease & used a great shipping company.
I look forward to dealing with him again & would recommend him to anyone.

Cheers Very Happy
Onceler
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Chris Morrice - [email protected] Reply with quote

Chris Morrice sent me a steel sunroof with all the pieces. I was surprised how quickly it came and it had everything I needed and even a few parts I didn't even know I needed. His shipping was cheap he responded via email to all my questions quickly. I would definitely buy good used original parts from him again.
westy_LA_fade_away
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:02 am    Post subject: Re: Chris Morrice - [email protected] Reply with quote

Chris was awesome to deal with (again)... have done several deals with him over the years... bought an old riviera jump seat, and he gave me detailed pics before I bought, and packed it like a pro with styrofoam and extra cardboard to protect a very fragile piece of interior. It arrived in great shape. THANKS!!

I'm going to try to pick up a few other trannys for more options.

Quote:
JacsWagen

Sometimes function over looks isn't bad, unless you're at a bar.

Cheers!

Marc Schumer
1990 Westfalia Camper
[email protected]

_______
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
61 BUS Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:26 am    Post subject: Re: Chris Morrice - [email protected] Reply with quote

Purchased a set of Dan Gurney Bus wheels from Chris. Flawless transaction. Super fast shipping. Great seller!
passoa55 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:47 am    Post subject: Re: Chris Morrice - [email protected] Reply with quote

Bought a Ghia rear sectionfrom Chris
Perfect cutted out as I wanted it.
Condition is realy great, even better as I tought!
Would buy again.
Thanks Chris Wink
1950 Hebmuller #458
1955 lowlight lizard green
1955 original paint oval
1956 1600 super V-sunroof Porsche
1958 lowlight ghia black
1963 firetruckred 23 window
1967 SO42 westy
1969 original paint Westy
1970 one owner 1300L bug
RBurn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:35 am    Post subject: Re: Chris Morrice - [email protected] Reply with quote

Chris was good to work with, i was looking for a nice steering wheel and he took the time to send up close picts and descriptions. I got the wheel and it's condition was just as he described, so happy with it. Shipping was great

Thanks!

Rob
70 T2 Model 221 *CARR FIRE Victim
70 T2 Model 231 *CARR FIRE Victim
Yarkle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Chris Morrice - [email protected] Reply with quote

As always, Chris hooked me up. I showed him what i needed to fix, and he cut it accordingly, with generous room for errors on my part. I tend to overcomplicate and or underestimate what i need, but he fixes that for me. Fair price and nicely packed.

Definitely do business with him

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=771024&highlight=
rusbus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Chris Morrice - [email protected] Reply with quote

I purchased a bus engine decklid from Chris. He was fair, easy to work with, shipped in a timely manner, and delivered a quality, well-packaged part as described. Communication could be a little stronger (never sent tracking info) but everything showed up as expected, so I would happily recommend Chris to other buyers.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
logcar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Chris Morrice - [email protected] Reply with quote

rusbus wrote:
Communication could be a little stronger (never sent tracking info) but everything showed up as expected, so I would happily recommend Chris to other buyers.

Same for me after just buying the parts for the AutoStick shift coupler in one of his part outs he has listed.

So thank you Chris.
113.905.205AA distributor
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
3noses
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Chris Morrice - [email protected] Reply with quote

Chris is an excellent seller. I recently puchased a vw transaxle with axles complete from him. Shipping cost was fair, shipped quickly, and arrived in good condition. When I discovered the set of bearing caps didn't match, he found a correct one for me to make a pair, and shipped it to me quickly with no additional charges.
I would certainly buy again from Chris, and probably will, as he has many interesting parts for sale..
Volswagon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: Chris Morrice - [email protected] Reply with quote

Just received a 5-rib bus transaxle from Chris.
Had it rebuilt by his friends at Ron's Transaxles in Oakland, CA.
Good people, recommend. Thanks guys!

'75 Bus https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=697183&highlight=
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
a1steaksauce
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Chris Morrice - [email protected] Reply with quote

Another positive for Chris as well. Part arrived today and couldn’t have been more pleased. Exactly what I was after.

I read others responses about the lack of shipping info so I wasn’t concerned one bit when I didn’t receive any. Part arrived well packaged and without delay.

Would absolutely buy from again.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
barro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:01 am    Post subject: Re: Chris Morrice - [email protected] Reply with quote

Very helpful with purchase of Ghia parts and delivery to Australia, Chris helped with the delivery process and all went smoothly, happy to do business with him again
ernstben
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:13 am    Post subject: Re: Chris Morrice - [email protected] Reply with quote

Frustrated here. I bought a trans from Chris a month ago or so that had the ad title:

Swing axle transmission low miles rebuild 1967

I asked:

Quote:
Hey Chris,

A couple questions about the trans you have for sale. Do you know the history of it? Low miles, how do you know? By stock gearing, you mean a 4.12 R&P? Any idea what shipping would be to 48158 Michigan?

Thanks!

Ben

He responded:

Quote:
Hi,
I got this from a customer who said he used it for a couple of years then upgraded to a new engine and a freeway flyer trans. He traded this one to me. It’s a 3.88 stock for 67. Shipping is $120.
Chris

I responded:

Quote:
Chris,

Don't mean to contradict you, because you might be right, but wasn't stock gearing for '67 swing axle 4.12 R&P? https://www.ratwell.com/mirror/sandlizrd.baja.com/gears.htm

Ben

He said:

Quote:
Right. I got it reversed.

We determined a price and shipping and he sent it out. When it arrived, I noticed it had "MADE IN BRAZIL" all over it. There was no mention of that in the ad or in our emails. I don't really care all that much about where the trans was made, but it is important because it has a 4.375 R&P, not the 4.125 that I am looking for.

I shared this with Chris and he told me I could pay to have it shipped back to him and that he'd refund the cost of the trans, but not the shipping and that he
Quote:
only said it was a rebuilt transmission. I don’t think I made a mistake. I first said i thought it was 3.88, but wasn’t sure.
That just seems like a super shady way of doing business...

I'm going to start the process with my bank and paypal to reverse the charges today and send him a link to this summary to see how he responds. Stay tuned.

'63 Ghia Coupe Project
'59 Panel Project
'56 Ragtop Project
APPLEGREENVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: Chris Morrice - [email protected] Reply with quote

Bought 2 sets of type 4 engine cylinder covers tins from Chris. Happy with the tins I got. I just wished Chris had sent me a tracking # Confused when I asked for it.

02/76 Beetle sedan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
swelchy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Chris Morrice - [email protected] Reply with quote

ordered some parts for my 64' beetle... needed sunroof cable tubes.. he sent me a photo.. i paid.. promptly received in great shape. Perfect transaction! Will recommend and buy again
1969 Westy 1915cc 044 heads 94 bore 69 stroke scatCWcrank scat lifters C25 cam straight cam gears 1:25 ratio rockers CB weber idf 40's vintage speed sport exhaust.
67Bugger
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Chris Morrice - [email protected] Reply with quote

Chris is great guy and would buy parts again from him! - solid samba member!
Yarkle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Chris Morrice - [email protected] Reply with quote

as usual, told chris what i needed in my weird roundabout way, he cut it out, fair price, shipped fast. will buy from him again

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=771024&highlight=
defrate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Chris Morrice - [email protected] Reply with quote

I bought a '71 convertible ghia project from him.
He was very honest, told me exactly what was missing and send me lots of photos.
The car was to be shipped to Brazil. Due to Covid problem, I had serious difficulties with paperwork to import. Total process took 11 months. In this meantime I ordered parts for restoration and asked to ship to Chris' address. During all this time he has been very patient. I had very smooth communication, fast and objective.
Very happy when received the car in Brazil
Chris is an awesome guy! Highly recommendable
Intend to keep doing business with him Very Happy
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: