Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Kindle readers drive Vanagons
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
vanis13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:45 am    Post subject: Kindle readers drive Vanagons Reply with quote

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CXG6C9W/ref=a...S&th=1

In the pic in the description and featured in the video (which seems to be shot at Lost Lake in Mt Hood)...I'm surprised the female model didn't have 1/2" goosebumps emerging from that lake.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

www.SuperVanagon.com - some stuff I make
djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Kindle readers drive Vanagons Reply with quote

Well, that was probably the first Amazon video I ever watched!

And yes, we have a kindle that travels with us. Quite convenient actually.

Dave

Ghia
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=392473

Vanagon
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6315537#6315537

Beetle
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=482968&highlight=74+super+vert
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
nohabusguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Kindle readers drive Vanagons Reply with quote

I like the flash of the GW third brake light on the rear window at :56 seconds into the video
1990 Doka Syncro (WBX 2.1)
msinabottle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Kindle readers drive Vanagons Reply with quote

I found this months and months ago--but I wasn't QUITE sure it was a Vanagon! What year and variation is it?

Shocked

I take my ancient Kindle 'Keyboard' along in Winston, and read in either the reversed front passenger's seat, or on the rear bench. I have the ports and apparatus to charge it ready in the Van. Reading in beautiful surroundings in peace--or in a pouring rain--is a wonderful part of Westy camping.

Best!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Kindle readers drive Vanagons Reply with quote

msinabottle wrote:
I found this months and months ago--but I wasn't QUITE sure it was a Vanagon! What year and variation is it?

'86 or earlier Multivan... or is it Weekender??!

Abscate wrote:
Do not get killed, do not kill others.

Current: 1990 Westy Camper - Bostig RG4, 2wd, manual trans w/Peloquin, NAHT high-top, 280 ah LFP battery, 160 watts solar, Flash Silver, seam rust, bondo, etc., etc.

Past: 1985 Westy Camper - 1.9 wbx, 2wd, manual trans, Merian Brown, (sold after 17 years to Northwesty who converted it to a Syncro).
Jake de Villiers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Kindle readers drive Vanagons Reply with quote

jimf909 wrote:
msinabottle wrote:

'86 or earlier Multivan... or is it Weekender??!

You got it - Westy Weekender.
http://sites.google.com/site/subyjake/mydixiedarlin%27
www.crescentbeachguitar.com
www.thebassspa.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
msinabottle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Kindle readers drive Vanagons Reply with quote

Thank you! It WAS annoying not to know.

Best!
hdenter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Kindle readers drive Vanagons Reply with quote

Go to :44 in the video! Who can see what's interesting about the van besides the project zwo reproduction fog lights?

Hans
Jake de Villiers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:32 am    Post subject: Re: Kindle readers drive Vanagons Reply with quote

hdenter wrote:
Go to :44 in the video! Who can see what's interesting about the van besides the project zwo reproduction fog lights?

Hans

The van either has gas fillers on both sides - or more likely the video editors reversed the image.
http://sites.google.com/site/subyjake/mydixiedarlin%27
www.crescentbeachguitar.com
www.thebassspa.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hdenter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:03 am    Post subject: Re: Kindle readers drive Vanagons Reply with quote

If it where mirrored, the edge of the road would be in the foreground wouldn't it?

Hans
Gnarlodious Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:12 am    Post subject: Re: Kindle readers drive Vanagons Reply with quote

How do I get that nice fireplace in my van?
riceye
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:40 am    Post subject: Re: Kindle readers drive Vanagons Reply with quote

Gnarlodious wrote:
How do I get that nice fireplace in my van?

Don't bother with your fuel lines. Wink

There's gonna be some changes made.

“I find that things usually go well right up until the moment they don't.” - Ahwahnee

"Quality isn't method. It's the goal toward which the method is aimed." - Socrates, later quoted by R.M. Pirsig
kamzcab86
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:46 am    Post subject: Re: Kindle readers drive Vanagons Reply with quote

hdenter wrote:
If it where mirrored, the edge of the road would be in the foreground wouldn't it?

Hans

White line in the reflection, white line in the background, double-line in the center. Van was driving in the literal middle of the road... definitely reversed image/video, IMHO.😊
2016 Golf GTI S
"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance." - 孔子
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: