Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Alaska Airlines Single Cab
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
RPGreg2600
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Culito wrote:
Trevor P wrote:
///Mink wrote:
EverettB wrote:
Very cool.

I'll be the jerk and say the front bumper is a 66-67 "pointed" bumper though.

I'll be jerk #2 and mention the deluxe trim on said bumpers. Very Happy

I'll be jerk #3 and say they need to find a truck bumper for the rear also. Laughing
Cool truck regardless though.

Shocked
Is that a front bumper mounted on the rear??

Sure looks like it.
Malokin Martin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: Alaska Airlines Single Cab Reply with quote

Nobody should put baby in the corner....
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
1970PAKombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Alaska Airlines Single Cab Reply with quote

That's a shame that it's sitting in storage like that. I guess their plan fell through for making it a show piece. I would have loved that single cab.
Busted-bolt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Alaska Airlines Single Cab Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
aa390392
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Alaska Airlines Single Cab Reply with quote

Lost baggage department.

55 ragtop
56 delux sedan
56 Kabriolet
Clara Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: Alaska Airlines Single Cab Reply with quote

Malokin Martin wrote:

Better in a corner inside than left outside.
j.pickens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Alaska Airlines Single Cab Reply with quote

Clara wrote:
Malokin Martin wrote:

Amen!

i wish more people would actually drive their vws rather than just talking about what they have in the garage.

Red Fau Veh wrote:
If you've seen one sunroof swivel seat kombi, you've seen them all! Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Thompson2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Alaska Airlines Single Cab Reply with quote

j.pickens wrote:
Clara wrote:
Malokin Martin wrote:

Amen!

Who took the picture? Maybe AA would be interested in moving it along since they’ve done nothing with it for the better part of a decade...
Mikee
Samba A.D.D. Boy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Alaska Airlines Single Cab Reply with quote

Thompson2 wrote:
j.pickens wrote:
Clara wrote:
Malokin Martin wrote:

Amen!

Who took the picture? Maybe AA would be interested in moving it along since they’ve done nothing with it for the better part of a decade...

I saw it driving around the airfield not too long ago, they take it out for walks

bugnut68 wrote:
I would have kicked the guy right in the dick, balls, ass and face and destroyed his weed. Hippies suck.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
guitarcrazee05
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:49 am    Post subject: Re: Alaska Airlines Single Cab Reply with quote

I ran into another samba member here in BattleGround who told me about this thread, I'm the original owner of this bus, well at least since 1980 when it was dumped, In 2008 I dug it out of the woods in Hockinson washington, an old man had brought it down along with a few other vw's from Alaska in the 80's and parked it next to a barn where it slowly sank into the ground for the next 20+ years. It was buried to the wheel wells and consumed by blackberry bushes when I went to look at it, I have photos of it from when we first pulled it out on an older computer that I will try and find and load up on here for you guys. I paid $800 for it and it took 3 days to dislodge it from it's hole. It had 4 coats of paint over those logos as well as a final thick coat of house paint. It took 8 months of carefully stripping the paint with wet sanding, chemicals and cotton swabs to save those logos, which no one had any idea existed, the owner had told me that he thought it was from a floral shop which we found logos for that too on the doors which were on the 3rd coat of paint, but they were too far damaged to save so I just sanded past them to try and get to the original paint, it was literally the most exciting thing to discover those logos under all of the shit that was caked on it. I had lost my job shortly after and contacted Alaska Airlines to see if they were interested in it since I needed to sell it but they had no interest, a guy from Florida ultimately bought it from me for way under what I wanted and about 6 months later Alaska Airlines contacted me saying that they were in fact interested in it... I was pretty pissed. Especially since the guy in Florida new I was desperate and ended up paying way under what I wanted... but I'm happy that it's finally where it belongs. I'll try to find those photos this week, I see you guys have already put up the others that I posted years ago. So cool to see her alive and well!
Two Glove Boxes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: Alaska Airlines Single Cab Reply with quote

Wow, that is a great story I look forward to the og pics from you doing the leg work to saving this cab.

1960 Dove Blue Double Cab Patina Build

Two Glove Boxes

DLK
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
guitarcrazee05
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Alaska Airlines Single Cab Reply with quote

Here are a few photos from when I first pulled it from the woods.

obus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:19 am    Post subject: Re: Alaska Airlines Single Cab Reply with quote

Wow! thats some reveal of the logos!
1960 Paprika Red Karmann Ghia Convertible aka Schatze L452 built 5/20/60
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
66 21 window bus built 8/31/65 https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=777273
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: