Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

How to Adjust Eberspacher glow plug B2 and K5
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ceckert64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:49 pm    Post subject: How to Adjust Eberspacher glow plug B2 and K5 Reply with quote

So, I’d thought I’d share this with people. I had a glow plug for my K5 eberspacher gas heater that was terribly out of adjustment, one side they were touching and one side they were really far apart. It tells you how to adjust them in some of the manuals, but there are some things that aren’t as easy today. First, the one I had recommended using 4 volts to adjust it or two battery cells, but you may not have a battery that style or have 4 volts. So first, you can use 3 1.5volt D batteries and put them in series. It’s 4.5-5 volts but it works fine.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I used a clamp to hold them together and clamped the wires in. I hooked one wire to the vice since I was holding it in a vise. I took apart the glow plug to do this. It is not necessary, but you can then clean it well without having to worry about breaking the filament. When you get it apart, there is a rod with an outer piece on the end and the filament attaches to both parts, the two pieces are insulated from each other and the filament links them.

Then with the negative end clipped to the vise and the vise gripping the bigger outer piece. Then put the positive lead to the threaded rod

Use a flat head screw drive and move the filament so all the windings are as close to equally spaced. I’m not sure if it would of mattered, but try not to let the screw driver contact anything other than the filament. The filament will get to 550-600 degrees Fahrenheit. The filament cools off quick also so only adjust it with power to it. Make sure it is heating up before you try to adjust it. If you have any questions let me know.

“Fitz” 1971 Westfalia Poptop
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: