Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts  See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Eberspaecher BA4 Overhaul
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Forum Index -> 411/412 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
titan3c
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:27 am    Post subject: Re: Eberspaecher BA4 Overhaul Reply with quote

It's the air hoses. Maybe hose is the wrong terminology. I've got two good ones, but the other two have been torn even down to the insulation portion. I have doubts about these being available, so I'm searching for salvage cars that may still have them. Bob
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: Eberspaecher BA4 Overhaul Reply with quote

titan3c wrote:
It's the air hoses. Maybe hose is the wrong terminology. I've got two good ones, but the other two have been torn even down to the insulation portion. I have doubts about these being available, so I'm searching for salvage cars that may still have them. Bob

The part #411 261 725 ..actually shows three part #'s in the book each with different lengths 725, 725 B and 725 C.

411 261 423....I do not see anywhere in my schematics. Is that the fat accordion tube pipe that connects between the body and the heater?

The hoses between the heat exchangers and teh gas heater can be gotten. I typically use the aluminized or paper covered aluminized tube that bus owners use to connect the squirrel cage auxiliary fan to the heat exchanger down pipes. It looks like this

https://www.mtmfg.com/part/view/oem-german-heater-...P4QAvD_BwE

You can also get it usually in all aluminum from places like mecmaster carr and at NAPA. Just have to measure the size.

If it is one of those that looks more like this

https://www.mtmfg.com/part/view/hose-heater-to-bod...VoQAvD_BwE

You can rebuild what you have if its not melted or smashed...I think there is a link in the bus forum I will look for. Or you can buy one for a bus.

Ray
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
titan3c
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: Eberspaecher BA4 Overhaul Reply with quote

Thanks Ray for the info. My part is 725 C, and goes on the warm side from heater to body. I'm not sure about the diameter size. 50mm or 60mm. Bob
titan3c
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Eberspaecher BA4 Overhaul Reply with quote

I'm just now getting around to removing the heater from the car, and it looks like the only way it will come out is to remove the dip stick tube to the auto transmission. Bob
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> 411/412 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: