Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

mak65 - [email protected] - Mark Kuntze
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: mak65
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: May 29, 2023
jerry rutherford
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:41 am    Post subject: mak65 - [email protected] - Mark Kuntze Reply with quote

Purchased a turn sinal switch for $16.00 DELIVERED. No part and no response to emails. Paid by Pay Pal, my next stop. Just putting out an APB.....

Also uses/used:
[email protected]
BearBroth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: mak65 - [email protected] - Mark Kuntze Reply with quote

Advertised headlight buckets and rings with free shipping. He bought 2 buckets.

This the unedited, original ad still up because I have a few more.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2190682

I shipped the actual parts seen in the pics. When he got them he said he received the buckets and rings but the plastic nuts were broken, that he couldn't use the buckets without them, and demanded a full refund.

As you can see, there was/is no mention of the buckets including hardware nor mention of condition or function - nor did he ever ask.

I explained that what I advertised and sold him were the buckets and rings - not a headlight assembly nor any of the associated hardware. What he received were a pair of 50+ year old buckets and rings. Just like 90% of all other buckets for sale in the classifieds right now.

Nonetheless, I offered to look through my pile of parts and IF I had any of the hardware, I would send it to him free of charge. He then said he thinks they could've been broken during shipping and if I had the nuts, to please send them.

Before I could respond, I get a Paypal notice. He filed a claim stating that the parts he received were not as advertised.

He's since lowered his requested refund amount by $10.

Am I off my rockers? (serious question) Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:29 pm    Post subject: Re: mak65 - [email protected] - Mark Kuntze Reply with quote

First, I removed our back and forth in this thread clarifying who this was since their email had changed from the original old feedback. Everything is updated now

On the parts:
I'm confused because I see buckets in the ad with some plastic parts.

I would assume the plastic parts were ok unless mentioned otherwise.

Maybe I don't understand what was being bought and sold?
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BearBroth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: mak65 - [email protected] - Mark Kuntze Reply with quote

The buckets were for sale. The one-piece, stamped steel buckets.

The headlight adjusters, the plastic bits with screws that attach to the buckets, were only there because I didn't take them off.

If they were intact and worked, it would've been a bonus. It turns out they were not so, net, he still got exactly what he paid for - the buckets.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:27 am    Post subject: Re: mak65 - [email protected] - Mark Kuntze Reply with quote

Ok, I understand.

If I bought those I probably would have thought the plastic bits were ok but if they came and they weren't I'd probably think "Crap, I should have asked about that" and blame myself since they are plastic. That's me though.

I can see someone doing the opposite though and expecting them to be good unless told otherwise.

As a seller I probably would have tried to say they were damaged in the first place because I try to describe everything possible due to a couple past issues where the same thing happened to me.

I'd be interested to hear other people's opinions.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BearBroth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:11 pm    Post subject: Re: mak65 - [email protected] - Mark Kuntze Reply with quote

Personally, if I was buying a used 50+ year-old part, I wouldn't have made this big of an assumption. Maybe if I squint my eyes and ignore a bunch of due diligence as a buyer I could see it.

I certainly would've at least asked if the adjusters were included and if they worked since that was critical for him.

All the same, since we're picking fly sh*t out of pepper anyway (semantics), I still don't understand how he can rationalize a case for not receiving what was advertised.

I advertised buckets and rings, not adjusters, springs, etc. I certainly did not advertise fully-functioning and complete headlight bucket assemblies.

However I've been wrong before. I'm not shy admitting when I am nor am I beyond considering other viewpoints. I'm genuinely interested in opinions.

Thanks Everett
BearBroth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: mak65 - [email protected] - Mark Kuntze Reply with quote

Outcome:

VERY, very long story short, Paypal's initial decision was to have him return my parts and for me to issue him a refund. As much as I was hellbent on not issuing this dude a refund on principle, I accepted the decision and was eager to get my parts back and get him out of my hair for good. This was the least problematic solution to either party so whatever.

But then the revolutionary in me got the upper hand and refused to accept the outcome. Then I learned that Paypal is much like an overworked single mom of twin toddlers who are constantly fighting. To that proverbial mom, it's often easiest to find the solution that rubs both tummies regardless of who started it, who's right, or who's wrong.

After a very long and thorough conversation with a Paypal rep and the subsequent appeal process; the new outcome is:

My parts were returned, the refund to the buyer was overturned, AND I was reimbursed for my now-damaged parts!

Paypal found that the parts were delivered as described and satisfied the buyer likely broke them himself. He bought an item, broke it to where he couldn't use them, then tried to get a refund by claiming the parts were not as described. Then claimed the parts were damaged during shipping.

I'm riding off into the sunset now but let this be a cautionary tale to the rest of you VW part-slinging lot. Cool
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: