Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Buses and parts for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2517, 2518, 2519 ... 2708, 2709, 2710  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrPolak
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Bring a Trailer Deluxe: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1966-volkswagen-bus-11/

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Dustin B
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Emeraldlion wrote:
Dustin B wrote:
This has to be my favorite add ever. 1959 23 window. I love when they say "I know what it's worth" I'm tempted to message him to see what he wants for a quarter of a bus.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2330918

I passed this bus on I-40 this past weekend. We were hauling home my 1960 swr kombi from vegas to Arkansas. My dad and I laughed and made jokes for st least 5 minutes. Now I feel kind of bad for him.

Did you say "60 swr komdi"? 😍 That's a dream bus of mine. Post some pictures in your gallery please. I'd love to see it.

Edit: I checked and seen the pictures. Sweet but. I believe its a 61 model year though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

MrPolak wrote:
Bring a Trailer Deluxe: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1966-volkswagen-bus-11/

Cheap, quick and dirty flip done by non VW people. BAT is a crappy place to sell buses.

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1963 stretched double cab
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1967 21 window less rusty now
chris henry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Busstom wrote:
chris henry wrote:
...with price of buses going downward...

Did I just read that??? Did you write that? Shocked

Smile

Sure did. I have seen some deals sit on here for months only to be snatched up for much less then asking price. Things that two years ago people would have crazy over. I don't think there is a heavy hitter in the game that would deny there is a downward trend going on with bus prices these days. with the flood of Brazilian 15 windows and the new fake split bus bodies coming out I wouldn't be surprised to see more of a dip
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Braukuche wrote:
MrPolak wrote:

Cheap, quick and dirty flip done by non VW people. BAT is a crappy place to sell buses.

Fucking hot mess of steaming pile of doo-doo.
adriano
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:34 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

MrPolak wrote:

I'm pretty sure this is a 1964 with hacked VIN plate.
Rear hatch, rear clip, rear apron, heater tree, bumpers, ecc are for 1964.
Emeraldlion
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:52 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Quote:
Did you say "60 swr komdi"? 😍 That's a dream bus of mine. Post some pictures in your gallery please. I'd love to see it.

Edit: I checked and seen the pictures. Sweet but. I believe its a 61 model year though.

Made January of '60 according to myplate. What makes you think it is 61?

Edit: I see what you mean from the #. Ibwas reading 01 11 60 as January of 60. Vintage put it more in september.
Dustin B
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:10 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Emeraldlion wrote:
Quote:

Made January of '60 according to myplate. What makes you think it is 61?

Edit: I see what you mean from the #. Ibwas reading 01 11 60 as January of 60. Vintage put it more in september.

Your m-plate says 01 11 0 which up to 63 they did a day/month /year format in that order. Your bus was built on the first day of November in 1960 according to the samba m-plate information area. That front seat brackets are a dead giveaway that's it's later.

62 og paint L469 type 1
61 og paint L31 DD panel type 2
64 heilite viscount tent trailer
71 sears clamshell trailer

I <3 Brazilian busses

Original paint and patina extravaganza http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=187156

Last edited by Dustin B on Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
62DoKaGuy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:27 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Dustin B wrote:
...Your m-plate says 01 11 0 which up to 63 they did a day/month /year format in that order. Your bus was built on the first day of November in 1960 according to the samba m-plate information area. Thost front seat brackets are a dead giveaway that's it's later.

I concur - a '61. Humpbacks front seats (three-position, adjustable mounts for bench seat) start on or about Chassis # 673 616 (27 Oct '60), so your chassis must follow shortly after that, making it a '61 produced just after the switch to humpback front seats.

4/62 Double Cab
5/61 Panel (sold)
4/59 Single Cab (sold)
ronjonlasvegas
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:28 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Emeraldlion wrote:
Dustin B wrote:
This has to be my favorite add ever. 1959 23 window. I love when they say "I know what it's worth" I'm tempted to message him to see what he wants for a quarter of a bus.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2330918

I passed this bus on I-40 this past weekend. We were hauling home my 1960 swr kombi from vegas to Arkansas. My dad and I laughed and made jokes for st least 5 minutes. Now I feel kind of bad for him.

How did you find the new SWR Kombi? I am a local Las Vegas guy and into buses and do not remember seeing this one come up for sale.
Emeraldlion
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:12 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Quote:
How did you find the new SWR Kombi? I am a local Las Vegas guy and into buses and do not remember seeing this one come up for sale.

Agree with everyone on the date account now. Just getting it home and still going through things. Been a while since I have read an mplate. Thanks for the tips. It never was listed for sale. I put out a request on fb and the previous owner who had it for 20 years messaged me that she may be willing to part. She had bought it and started disassembly, body work, some restoration and amassing parts and unfortunately stalled out. Extra front door, high hinge cargo, window frames, rebuilt trans and redux boxes, front beam rebuilt, 1776 parts, rubbers, new wiring harness and virtually rust free everything (surface rust).

She catalogued every part, bagged, labeled, receipt for all work. She did a tremendous job and hopefully I will be able to at least give her some satisfaction when I send her pictures of it back on the road. It really belongs in the good deals thread. Similar to what Lind said I feel we were pretty close to a fair market value considering the scope of the project as it is completely stripped.
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:00 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

chris henry wrote:
Busstom wrote:
chris henry wrote:
...with price of buses going downward...

Did I just read that??? Did you write that? Shocked

Smile

Sure did. I have seen some deals sit on here for months only to be snatched up for much less then asking price. Things that two years ago people would have crazy over. I don't think there is a heavy hitter in the game that would deny there is a downward trend going on with bus prices these days. with the flood of Brazilian 15 windows and the new fake split bus bodies coming out I wouldn't be surprised to see more of a dip

That's why I was taken aback, I think you're the first heavy hitter I've seen acknowledge the downward trend, from my nearest recollection. It would be nice to see the dredged-out trailer flips and purrrdy - but lopsided - lipstick pigs go away.
thom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

A bus built by someone who doesn't know anything about buses, for someone who doesn't know anything about buses.

MrPolak wrote:

1957 23-Window Deluxe
1957 Mercedes Westfalia single cab
1963 Unimog 404
1965 E-Type
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
velvetgreen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:02 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1966-volkswagen-bus-11/

a few things jump out at me on first blush

- mirror arms on backwards (drivers on pass and vice versa)
- bay window rear seats that are also missing jail bars
- cludged together engine replete with EMPI-esque "air filter"
- wrong year TMI sourced interior

the list goes on and on and on...
velvetgreen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

^^bonus points for having wrong bumpers on there and hacking the inside of the engine compartment so that the shiny air cleaner cat fit in there
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

velvetgreen wrote:
^^bonus points for having wrong bumpers on there and hacking the inside of the engine compartment so that the shiny air cleaner cat fit in there

How about the extra-wide-format radio shaft holes peeking out from beneath the radio-delete plate? I guess they wanted to "future proof" it for the next (remorseful) owner.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:35 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

adriano wrote:
MrPolak wrote:

I'm pretty sure this is a 1964 with hacked VIN plate.
Rear hatch, rear clip, rear apron, heater tree, bumpers, ecc are for 1964.

I agree with you on the rear apron/decklid. They are incorrect and the earlier style
Bumpers are just wrong.
Heater tree looks like 64-up, although they blocked the heater outlets with the kick panels LOL
On the far right of this picture, it looks like it has the wiring set up for 66-67 where a writing harness comes up from the right side engine surround metal:

I do believe it's a '66 based on that wiring attribute.

You can see the hacked/moved cross-piece in the engine compartment here too
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
velvetgreen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

^^agreed the more you look at it the worse it gets. apparently a full length rear seat kick panel was too much to ask for as one the "custom" one on the middle seat. bulging cargo doors that don't line up with rocker doesn't look too promising either
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

The blocked kick panel area heater vents up front:

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:44 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:

On the far right of this picture, it looks like it has the wiring set up for 66-67 where a writing harness comes up from the right side engine surround metal:

I do believe it's a '66 based on that wiring attribute.

You can see the hacked/moved cross-piece in the engine compartment here too

That looks like a slightly bodged hippy hole repair on the engine compartment ceiling.

Also, that wiring hole on the right side apron could be a replacement piece, as it also carries the VIN. Shenanigans?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2517, 2518, 2519 ... 2708, 2709, 2710  Next
Jump to:
Page 2518 of 2710

Jump to: