Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Ford's Electric "Mustang"
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Ford's Electric "Mustang" Reply with quote

Erik G wrote:

need an electric mustang sneaking up on a crowd meme

haha, I knew it wouldnt take long

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Ford's Electric "Mustang" Reply with quote

Erik G wrote:
Erik G wrote:

need an electric mustang sneaking up on a crowd meme

haha, I knew it wouldnt take long

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I just died
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ach60 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Ford's Electric "Mustang" Reply with quote

Years ago in the 90's there were like 10 different Olds Cutlass as GM was moving from the mid-size cars to FWD.
Ultimately GM just confused the shit out of everyone with this ploy, and damaged the Olds brand, leading it to its death.
Honestly I think Ford unlimitedly didn't have the balls to bring a Performance Electric Car to the Market Place.
Mustang Inspired, Ford Mach e somehow has turned into Ford Mustang Mach e which revives the bad history of the Mustang II.
What a lot of folks forget is The FAT Mustangs of ’71 through 73, When Ford moved the Mustang from the “Falcon Platform” to the Mid-Size Platform.
Mustang sales tanked big time, and sales where actually revived by the Mustang II, like it or not.
In 1979 my Father bought a Ford Mustang,
this was the first of the Fox body Mustangs that everybody loves, but My Father’s Mustang with a 2.3 & Automatic was a complete piece of shit.
A year later my college roommate had a Mustang Cobra Turbo, even with the turbo & five speed gear box the car was still a piece of shit.
A Fox Body Mustang with anything but a 5.0 is a piece of shit.
So will a Mach e kill the Mustang brand, I doubt it.
But a opportunity has been missed, the Mach e should be Ford’s Performance Electric Car.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Ford's Electric "Mustang" Reply with quote

ach60 wrote:
But a opportunity has been missed, the Mach e should be Ford’s Performance Electric Car.

You would think, but I'll bet their marketing gurus are betting it all on younger/middle age buyers and they don't give a sh*t about oldsters who still embrace the ICE stuff, once there's enough on the roads, I'll bet they have a few special names up their sleeves for a "performance" version in the future.

"It's just like a Tesla......., but cheaper"

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: Ford's Electric "Mustang" Reply with quote

Moderator note:
I moved all the Tesla Truck posts to its own thread
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Gary
Person of Interest

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:54 am    Post subject: Re: Ford's Electric "Mustang" Reply with quote

Ford Design Boss Admits 'Family' of Mustang-Badged Cars Could Be Coming: Report

It will be interesting to see if Ford will spin off Mustang as a separate brand like Dodge did with Ram. Folks under the age of 25 have a very interesting future in the automotive realm.
far rider Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:55 am    Post subject: Re: Ford's Electric "Mustang" Reply with quote

According to news today you’re too late. 2021 First Edition Mustang Mach-E already sold out.

Contentment; when what you have is what you want.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:53 am    Post subject: Re: Ford's Electric "Mustang" Reply with quote

busdaddy wrote:
ach60 wrote:

You would think, but I'll bet their marketing gurus are betting it all on younger/middle age buyers and they don't give a sh*t about oldsters who still embrace the ICE stuff, once there's enough on the roads, I'll bet they have a few special names up their sleeves for a "performance" version in the future.

"It's just like a Tesla......., but cheaper"

I guess I'm too old to understand it but to me a 4 door anything yells "OLD GRANNY GROCERY GETTER!" Completely opposite from performance.
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: Ford's Electric "Mustang" Reply with quote

This ignores a complete segment of 4 door sport sedans. BMW and Mercedes have been making these for years and like the truck market they are aimed at a certain demographic which is not Granny. In the American market the Dodge Charger with Hemi gets it done. Cops here just love them.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:48 am    Post subject: Re: Ford's Electric "Mustang" Reply with quote

Wagons too, the USA and maybe Canada too(?) get screwed out of all the awesome European wagons that are souped up.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Ford's Electric "Mustang" Reply with quote

I forget who said it. “There’s a seat made for every ass”
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Ford's Electric "Mustang" Reply with quote

It's a totally different generation with a totally different mind set.

In my day (the muscle car era) no young guy would ever be caught dead in a 4 door. You were either destitute and reduced to borrowing Gramma's wheels or seriously panty whipped!

Another thing that makes me shake my head in wonder is this. In my day when a guy showed up with a new car, we had the hood up before he got it completely stopped and were oo-ing and aww-ing over the engine. These days the young bucks stick thier heads in the driver's door to check out the dash and the options. When you ask them what it has for an engine they are all dumbstruck including the owner. Not a clue!
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Ford's Electric "Mustang" Reply with quote

I got over the "four door" stigma years ago, partially because I became a father and needed the room, and partially because most newer stuff can drive circles around many of those "muscle cars", even my wife's older mini van/wagon Honda nearly equals a Ferrari 308 in acceleration, braking and handling, it's blast to drive hard, cars have come a long way in the last 20 years.
My full size V8 pickup developed an exhaust leak up front the other day, as I was grumbling about the obnoxious noise I realized that 30+ years ago I would have been super happy it sounded like that, times change.

Of course I don't give a f*ck about what people think about what I drive, I was rolling a VW bus years before the kids thought they were "cool" Very Happy

That Ford is carefully crafted to tickle a certain market, apparently you (and I) don't quite fit their target demographic, shop elsewhere for your next new vehicle and watch out for all those E-stang's cutting you off as they dick around with the touchscreen.

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here

Слава Україні!
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Ford's Electric "Mustang" Reply with quote

oprn wrote:

Another thing that makes me shake my head in wonder is this. In my day when a guy showed up with a new car, we had the hood up before he got it completely stopped and were oo-ing and aww-ing over the engine. These days the young bucks stick thier heads in the driver's door to check out the dash and the options. When you ask them what it has for an engine they are all dumbstruck including the owner. Not a clue!

That’s because you can’t see the damned thing anyway because of all the f*%#ing plastic covers. Unless it’s electric... and then what’s to look at there? A couple of heavy cables with a lightning bolt on them?

Hell, the new electric cars have to have soundtracks to even sound cool, otherwise they sound just as whiny as the vape pen puffing, man bun wearing, cross dressing owners.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:45 am    Post subject: Re: Ford's Electric "Mustang" Reply with quote

There is also a very practical reason these days that I like a 2 door car. I will not drive a huge fuel guzzling boat anchor. Just not in my budget nor do I feel right about being part of the excessive consumption for no real reason crowd. I have always driven more fuel efficient cars as daily drivers. I am a bigger guy, well over 6' tall and over 200 lbs. Trying to get into a compact 4 door car is downright awkward and sometimes painful.

My boss parked his wife's high end SUV in the shop a while back and I had to move it out of the way. I almost wasn't able to do it - didn't fit through the door and once inside it was a good thing it was a dummy shift, there would have been no way I could have worked a clutch peddle!

What a contrast to the ease of getting in and out of my wife's 2 door VW Lupo!
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:52 am    Post subject: Re: Ford's Electric "Mustang" Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:
oprn wrote:

That’s because you can’t see the damned thing anyway because of all the f*%#ing plastic covers.

True but there is usually a sticker to tell you the displacement or engine family and you can usually tell how many cylinders it has. These modern kids don't even know that or care! It could have kangaroos on a tread mill under there for all they know. As long as it has all the latest gadgets on the dash they are impressed.
VWsArent4Hippies
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:58 am    Post subject: Re: Ford's Electric "Mustang" Reply with quote

The best part about technology is that it will keep progressing while the grumpy baby boomers get passed by because they can’t figure out how to even use an iPhone.
calvinater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: Ford's Electric "Mustang" Reply with quote

Can you get the clock on my vcr to stop blinking 12:00 ?

Get off my lawn!
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Ford's Electric "Mustang" Reply with quote

calvinater wrote:
Can you get the clock on my vcr to stop blinking 12:00 ?

Get off my lawn!

Yes sir it’s deja Vu again. Very Happy
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:53 am    Post subject: Re: Ford's Electric "Mustang" Reply with quote

VWsArent4Hippies wrote:
The best part about technology is that it will keep progressing while the grumpy baby boomers get passed by because they can’t figure out how to even use an iPhone.

Maybe so but if there is a major power interruption in bad weather we won't perish in the dark and cold staring at a blank screen!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: