Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Thing Blue Print
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ark
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:55 am    Post subject: Thing Blue Print Reply with quote

My apologies if this is buried somewhere in this forum but does anyone happen to have blue print drawings for the Thing? Something akin to the drawings pulled up in the Ghia forums

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...=blueprint
Bashr52
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:34 am    Post subject: Re: Thing Blue Print Reply with quote

I'd be interested in this as well. I have the original one for the beetle hanging in my office, I'd love to have one for my Thing!
germanbilly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: Thing Blue Print Reply with quote

I have 181 Blue Print that I won at the Thing West Show it is very well done it is auto graphed by Mike Crips ??? It was made in 1991 and came from michael's art shop in Ashville North Carolina 28815-0241. I won't post a picture of it because it is "All rights Reserved" So I will respect this. It is 18 by 13 and is printed on heavy card stock paper. It does not have all the measurements but does have all the spects as far as weight, engine weight etc.
GB
Semper_Dad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Thing Blue Print Reply with quote

germanbilly wrote:
I have 181 Blue Print that I won at the Thing West Show it is very well done it is auto graphed by Mike Crips ??? It was made in 1991 and came from michael's art shop in Ashville North Carolina 28815-0241. I won't post a picture of it because it is "All rights Reserved" So I will respect this. It is 18 by 13 and is printed on heavy card stock paper. It does not have all the measurements but does have all the spects as far as weight, engine weight etc.
GB

I've got the same print sitting by my desk. Googled the information and didn't come up with an image.
germanbilly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Thing Blue Print Reply with quote

I also tried to find it on the web and came up with nothing.
GB
wbailey2112
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:50 am    Post subject: Re: Thing Blue Print Reply with quote

I’ve also been looking for this print or a reprint of it. I missed a chance to buy one that was for sale at the swap meet of our local annual VW show this summer.
Hyatt181
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Thing Blue Print Reply with quote

There is this one on Etsy but seems a bit pricey to me.

But does look cool.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/721258237/vw-type-181-1978-the-thing
Ron Domeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Thing Blue Print Reply with quote

I do have the one Mike Crisp made and I also have a large real blue print of the Kubelwagen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ark
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Thing Blue Print Reply with quote

Ron Domeck wrote:
I do have the one Mike Crisp made and I also have a large real blue print of the Kubelwagen.

Sounds like it’s time to call the art shop in Ashville.

Does anyone know if Mike Crisp is still around/active in the VW community?

I appreciate the clue Ron and all.
mondshine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Thing Blue Print Reply with quote

Mike is alive and well, and is an active participant in the Thingdom.

(Possibly the second best graphic artist in the group) Wink

Mike is the host of the 2020 Kubel Treffen East in Flat Rock, North Carolina next July.

Just guessing here, but I think if you were to drive your Thing to the show from Anchorage, he would give you one of those prints.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ark
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Thing Blue Print Reply with quote

mondshine wrote:
Mike is alive and well, and is an active participant in the Thingdom.

(Possibly the second best graphic artist in the group) Wink

Mike is the host of the 2020 Kubel Treffen East in Flat Rock, North Carolina next July.

Just guessing here, but I think if you were to drive your Thing to the show from Anchorage, he would give you one of those prints.

Well good! Glad to hear it. Do happen to know his username and/or contact info? (PM if you don't mind) I searched for the art shop in Asheville online with no luck.

Haha, I suppose that would be worth a print! I also think I found one more item that didn't make it into my address change list. Just moved to Salt Lake City this year so no more Anchorage for me Embarassed
Ron Domeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Thing Blue Print Reply with quote

Mike Crisp is on Facebook and I think on here.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ron Domeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Thing Blue Print Reply with quote

If you go to our website kubeltreffen181.com and look for Kubel treffen 2020 Mikes info is on the flyer.
Ark
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Thing Blue Print Reply with quote

Ron Domeck wrote:
If you go to our website kubeltreffen181.com and look for Kubel treffen 2020 Mikes info is on the flyer.

That's perfect, thank you Ron!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: