Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

skatevw - [email protected] - Barry
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: skatevw
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Yesterday
hansen.bobby
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:59 am    Post subject: skatevw - [email protected] - Barry Reply with quote

I recently purchased a 1974 VW Bay Window Bus . When he sold it to me I had many questions about the bus and it's condition. He answered them all and assured me that the bus was in good running condition. He told me that it would be a great daily driver. Being that this was the first VW I had planned on purchasing, and skatevw had made a business of selling vw's and parts I trusted what he had told me about the bus. The day I bought the bus the transmission got stuck in two gears at once. The alternator, regulator, and battery needed to be replaced, and now $2000 in repairs later. I have a running bus. I tried to call him several times when this happened to get advice on where to get it fixed or something.... never recieved a call back. Thanks for the lemon, my bad I should have known better and taken the bus to a mechanic before buying.
................. And the greater public rules...... sounds like i should have known better

Last edited by hansen.bobby on Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total
vujade
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how does a vehicle get stuck in two gears at the same time?

'67 Sunroof Notchback for sale
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwbusbusvw
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/search.php?username=skatevw

This dude always has ads on Craigslist for buses. Most of them are dirt cheap. He's easily reachable, and always has parts/buses at cheap prices. To the original poster - just what did you think you were getting for $1000?

"Stuck in 2 gears at once"... this would imply that you know nothing about buses. Also, the 2K price tag for repairs is from a "shop specializing in vw's", right? I would guess that the shop also recongnized your mechanical ineptitude, and charged you accordingly.

I'm not trying to bash you, but I've sold buses to a couple of people just like you... about a year ago, I sold a '77 Bus that ran and drove - as parts. The kid that bought it came out to check it out 3 times before paying for it. I got a call from his mother 2 weeks later, insisting that I had to get it repaired and road worthy before selling it, and that I had defrauded her son - the bus was $700!

You didn't buy it from a dealership, and you don't get a warranty. You bought a cheap bus, and had every opportunity to inspect, test drive, tire kick before buying, right? Did he put a gun to your head and take your money?

No, he didn't. You're an adult. And adults make their own decisions (even poor ones).

OMVWC
Quote:
stuped is stuped duse
DMNCLNR
Sir Camp'alot

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barry's from Barry's boneyard I beleive is who you are referring to. He is a very upfront and honset person. I have dealt with him personally on many occasions. Barry is the type of guy who will give parts away just to help a kid out. He has helped me out on occasion, and I have never heard a person say one bad thing about him. I would suggest you keep trying to get ahold of him. He is out there to screw anyone.

Here are some of his ads
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/search.php?...ton=Search
Pl@y@ #1
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Oldbug.com
Pheasant Plucker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:57 pm    Post subject: Barry Reply with quote

Barry is a good guy. Ive done business with him for at least 20 years...always a pleasure and never a problem.

I cant imagine he would knowingly sell you a problem Bus...doesnt sound like Barry to me.

2 gears at once sounds strange...
951-795-1175
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
68Bug-lite
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just received a set of N.O.S. Standard BUG Wipers with the old school metal silver frames from Barry. Smooth transaction, cool guy to deal with.

Happy camper here! Very Happy
jjrose110
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought a 1972 OG Paint Bus from Barry.

Price was fair. He was very easy to get along with. No B.S. Worked with shipping dates, payment, and everything else to make a long distance purchase go as smooth as it could. I am pleased with the Bus, and Barry is a good person.

Would not hesitate to buy from in the future.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ShultzRoadHouse
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought a 1980-1984 Sliding door handle, it was shipped the same day I payed, received it two days later. When I opened the envelope I thought he screwed up, the handle I received looked brand new, I couldn't have been more pleased. We all know how expensive and rare these later handles are. Again thanks SkateVW, it was a pleasure doing business with you and look forward to more pleasent purchases from you.
'71 Super Beetle w/ '75 AJ 1600
'12 Jetta
max-five
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a front tin for a doghouse 69 bus. The first tin I received was wrong and he made it good. He seems to be an honest broker.
Want to buy your original German black '66 bug front seat upholstery...all or part
ferdi7523
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:34 pm    Post subject: skatevw - HB vw shop - [email protected] Reply with quote

Just purchased a NOS Bosch Blue coil from him, fast transaction.
Waiting it shipped. Thanks Barry!
takeiteasy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: skatevw - [email protected] - Barry Reply with quote

I purchased a pair of headlight buckets from him. Good communication, fast shipping, and parts were in good shape. Would do biz with him again.

"With your past and your future precisely divided.
Am I at that moment? I haven't decided."
Pau Hana
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: skatevw - [email protected] - Barry Reply with quote

I will have to strongly agree, this Cat Barry is one of Samba's Coolest to be Cool Super Quik to Ship, Well Packed & as he described, he was Spot On! Applause
Certainly a pleasure to deal with, & I am certain to return! Thank u my friend, shipped today, your gift is on the way! Dancing VW Logo
Stevie Fierce
Samba Landscaper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: skatevw - [email protected] - Barry Reply with quote

Some help here guys.... I purchased a bay window dash pod/gauge cluster from Barry. The ad said it was excellent etc and I paid approx $125 with shipping. It arrived with a broken speedo needle. I took it apart to repair it and found the housing siliconed in place very poorly and a bunch of epoxy holding the fuel gauge connections in place.
I’ve tried emailing and calling Barry multiple times over the course of several weeks. No answer or response. I’ve even tried contacting him through his other ads here on the samba. Is everything ok with Barry? It doesn’t sound like his normal behavior by reading these other posts.
I just want to send it back for a refund. Thanks in advance.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ratlookvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: skatevw - [email protected] - Barry Reply with quote

barry, I am trying to reach you by phone to get paid on the fuel for bringing your enclosed trailer from south Georgia to southern California we have not received anything towards the haul thus far and your not picking up your phone like you did when you asked for my help to get this trailer coming your way. Rolling Eyes please get back with me as the family that delivered your trailer is out of pocket $1351 of their own money and xmas is right around the corner..... you have their paypal.com acct get them paid immediately chadd

Stevie Fierce wrote:
Some help here guys.... I purchased a bay window dash pod/gauge cluster from Barry. The ad said it was excellent etc and I paid approx $125 with shipping. It arrived with a broken speedo needle. I took it apart to repair it and found the housing siliconed in place very poorly and a bunch of epoxy holding the fuel gauge connections in place.
I’ve tried emailing and calling Barry multiple times over the course of several weeks. No answer or response. I’ve even tried contacting him through his other ads here on the samba. Is everything ok with Barry? It doesn’t sound like his normal behavior by reading these other posts.
I just want to send it back for a refund. Thanks in advance.

57 Panel, 66 highroof panel, 65 Notch, 59 Vert, 61 Vert, 1969 Fridolin, 'Reggie ' 66 RV, 65 Pipe Truck, 65 RHD T-34, 70 dbl slider panel, 1969 Deep sea green sunroof automatic square, the greypoop-on, and a shit load of wheels!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
JaimeH Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:30 am    Post subject: Re: skatevw - [email protected] - Barry Reply with quote

I bought a '69 rear view mirror. The item was clean, well packaged and arrived in only a few days. Thanks Barry for listing this gem. It was a pleasure dealing with you.
ratlook63
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: skatevw - [email protected] - Barry Reply with quote

Made a deal with Barry for a wheel shipped across the country on Friday. Arrived on the following Monday exactly as described. Highly recommend Barry. Looking forward to doing business again soon!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: