Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

2002 VW Beetle Turbo S Crankshaft Hose Help
Forum Index -> Water-cooled VW Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
plywoodkid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 5:34 pm    Post subject: 2002 VW Beetle Turbo S Crankshaft Hose Help Reply with quote

All,

I need to replace the below hose. Can anyone give me a reference or part number?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: 2002 VW Beetle Turbo S Crankshaft Hose Help Reply with quote

Part number should be on it.

You need to get the crank case breather hose & O-ring, the PCV valve, the PCV connector, and that little plastic hose that the torn breather hose is attached to also. The moment that you start to try to pull that hose off, the rest WILL fall apart, if they haven’t already.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
plywoodkid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: 2002 VW Beetle Turbo S Crankshaft Hose Help Reply with quote

Thanks.

Unfortunately, I need to drive it until the part comes in so I didn't want to turn it to look for the Part Number so in case it deteriorates.
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:42 pm    Post subject: Re: 2002 VW Beetle Turbo S Crankshaft Hose Help Reply with quote

Having a spare wheels is mandatory in my view when we run older cars! Not everyone has the room I know...

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

All old cars but I try to keep a couple of back ups in good running order. It's a long drive for parts out here!
plywoodkid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:04 pm    Post subject: Re: 2002 VW Beetle Turbo S Crankshaft Hose Help Reply with quote

Oh I know.

The 70 Bus is down too. Go figure.
Butcher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:03 am    Post subject: Re: 2002 VW Beetle Turbo S Crankshaft Hose Help Reply with quote

06A 103 221AK

I would not suggest to trust some nut case on the internet. Double check that number.

As for the recommendation for the other parts, your foolish not to replace those and probably more. Check under the hood, if the rubber hoses feel like plastic and the plastic parts are cracking, just order them all.
plywoodkid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: 2002 VW Beetle Turbo S Crankshaft Hose Help Reply with quote

Butcher,

Thank you. However, the part # you gave is different configuration that the one that is on the car. I do not have the small hose protruding out of the "Y". There are only two connections on that end.

I regards to replacing many hoses. I absolutely agree. I ordered the whole set of hoses and some others.

I have only had the car a short time, but I am shortly getting educated. It has an AWP Engine and was the only in the 2002 Beetle that year.

It apparently has the same engine as the following:

2002 - 2004 Jeta
2002 - 2004 Golf/GTI
Butcher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:44 am    Post subject: Re: 2002 VW Beetle Turbo S Crankshaft Hose Help Reply with quote

You cannot trust anyone on the internet. I tried but since I did not have a VIN, it's only a guess.

A VIN and a picture does well at the VW parts counter.
plywoodkid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:12 am    Post subject: Re: 2002 VW Beetle Turbo S Crankshaft Hose Help Reply with quote

You're so right, I spent an hour at the VW Parts Counter today,

It even had them stumped initially. It turns out it is 061-103-221-BN

Thanks
plywoodkid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:35 pm    Post subject: Re: 2002 VW Beetle Turbo S Crankshaft Hose Help Reply with quote

All,

Update, got the hoses replaced today. Thanks for all the advice.

Interesting afterwards, the Check Engine Light went off on its own. I have never had that happen. I have always had to go in and erase the fault code to reset the check engine light.

All the best!
Butcher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:39 am    Post subject: Re: 2002 VW Beetle Turbo S Crankshaft Hose Help Reply with quote

Federal law is that once the engine computer no longer 'sees' the problem twice, the light will turn off. Once the test passes 40 times, the code will clear so you will not see a code with your tester.

Leaving a gas cap off will certainly turn on the light. Once it's back on, the light will turn off.
plywoodkid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: 2002 VW Beetle Turbo S Crankshaft Hose Help Reply with quote

Thanks Butcher, I appreciate it.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Water-cooled VW All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: