Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

front end gently pulsing
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
chachi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:59 pm    Post subject: front end gently pulsing Reply with quote

nothing dramatic yet, but i can definitely feel something, especially if i steer right somewhat. does this ring any bells for anyone? don’t mind crawling under there and taking a look but man it is dumping today and it’d be good to get an informed idea before i started checking things that may or may not be visible immediately.
jordauto
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:22 pm    Post subject: Re: front end gently pulsing Reply with quote

Assuming you mean you feel pulsing when you’re driving, and not when braking I would recommend checking tire pressure first. Then it’s possible you have a tire starting to separate. Check the DOT date code on your tires and see how old they are. Generally about 7 years is the expectancy. If you safely raise and support the front of the van you can spin the tires one at a time by hand and watch/feel for any out of roundness. You may possibly have a bent wheel, we see lots of damage from pot holes here especially in the winter. Also check that your wheel nuts/bolts are torqued correctly. If all that proves out ok, then it’s time to start checking front end components. And lastly if the pulsing is when you are braking, then it’s likely a warped brake rotor. Hope that helps
chachi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:43 am    Post subject: Re: front end gently pulsing Reply with quote

thanks for the reply, yes this while driving, not braking. i would def believe a tire problem, getting low on these and def possible i have wacked a rim as well. both of those are an easy check.
danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:25 pm    Post subject: Re: front end gently pulsing Reply with quote

if it does this for more than 4hours you may need to see a Dr Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: