Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

New upholstry fabric reviews please
Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
sinclair
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:57 am    Post subject: New upholstry fabric reviews please Reply with quote

Hi All.
I have a set of standard seats to recover for my car and see WagenmanufakturHQ is selling a reproduction 51-52 fabric in the classified section. I was wondering if anyone had used it yet and how accurate they found it.

Also are there any altenative suppliers?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: New upholstry fabric reviews please Reply with quote

sinclair wrote:
Hi All.
I have a set of standard seats to recover for my car and see WagenmanufakturHQ is selling a reproduction 51-52 fabric in the classified section. I was wondering if anyone had used it yet and how accurate they found it.

Also are there any altenative suppliers?

I have not used that exact fabric, but other material I have from Marcus have been top notch.

to my knowledge no one else is making the correct 51-52 standard fabric.
FRK
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:11 pm    Post subject: Re: New upholstry fabric reviews please Reply with quote

sled wrote:
sinclair wrote:
Hi All.

Also are there any alternative suppliers?

I have not used that exact fabric, but other material I have from Marcus have been top notch.

to my knowledge no one else is making the correct 51-52 standard fabric.

Same here, I have not used the exact fabric but I purchased the entire interior from Marc for my '50 standard US import and like sled said, the material is top notch. I'm very happy with it.
50 11A
49 11
48 11
RVA Car Club
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mbliss13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: New upholstry fabric reviews please Reply with quote

While I don't have any photos to share at this moment, I am restoring a December 1951 Standard. I had the original stripegrey seat covers and I will add another note of support for Marcus Raeke. I waited approximately 9 months for him to source the correct fabric and the results were perfect.

If you are restoring a 1951 Standard with Stripegrey seat covers, the Marcus is definitely the person you need to connect with.

-Mike
1962 Beetle, L87 Pearl White with Judson/1200 power
1967 Beetle, L282 Lotus White
nlorntson
Crazy VW Lady

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: New upholstry fabric reviews please Reply with quote

What they all said ^^^
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sinclair
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:20 am    Post subject: Re: New upholstry fabric reviews please Reply with quote

Thanks Guys. I can place my order with confidence now Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: