Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

mc lovin it , early 1964 bug project
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bad91teg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:35 pm    Post subject: mc lovin it , early 1964 bug project Reply with quote

hello everyone. had a vw friend ,that lost intrest in his project. he always has a thousand things going on . then we got a hurricane .and he was building a house …. so I was able to buy this 1964 vw bug . so my project begins here . after 20 years of being out of the vw scene , im back in , and im miclovin it. the first pics are at my buddys shop where I bought it.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Last edited by bad91teg on Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
bad91teg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: mic lovin it , early 1964 bug project Reply with quote

got the bc for the car.. really cool to get this. really enjoyed having this big time
bad91teg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: mic lovin it , early 1964 bug project Reply with quote

top set came with car...bottom set I already had.

Last edited by bad91teg on Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
bad91teg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: mic lovin it , early 1964 bug project Reply with quote

Buggeee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: mic lovin it , early 1964 bug project Reply with quote

Congratulations! Finding the books in the boxes of parts adds to the excitement somehow. I really love this book too. It's got lots of pictures and goes deep in the details showing how everything fits together in this generation beetle. Enjoy the build. Cool
SnowDaySyncro wrote:
Every setback is an opportunity to learn stuff and to buy new tools.
Sharp64 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:26 am    Post subject: Re: mic lovin it , early 1964 bug project Reply with quote

Very cool. Id love to find a similar project, but never seems to come my way. Anyways, it looks nice and to be a fun project. Just to clarify, the manufacturing year started the August of the prior year so production of the 1964 model year actually began in August 63. Your car would actually be a mid year production. This is an interesting distinction, as there were some changes that occurred both in the early run of 64s as well as mid year changes. An example would be that some very early 64's had the smaller license light, but this was changed in October I believe? Someone will be along to correct me. Also, the turn signals went from the smaller "peanut" ones to the larger ones as well. There was also an update on the door handles. Early 64 had the pin type and mid year and later had the paddle type. Some good info to have.
“...some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.” - Michael Caine
bad91teg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: mic lovin it , early 1964 bug project Reply with quote

Buggeee wrote:

Congratulations! Finding the books in the boxes of parts adds to the excitement somehow. I really love this book too. It's got lots of pictures and goes deep in the details showing how everything fits together in this generation beetle. Enjoy the build. Cool
awesome ..gonna check that book out..thanks alot
bad91teg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: mic lovin it , early 1964 bug project Reply with quote

Sharp64 wrote:
Very cool. Id love to find a similar project, but never seems to come my way. Anyways, it looks nice and to be a fun project. Just to clarify, the manufacturing year started the August of the prior year so production of the 1964 model year actually began in August 63. Your car would actually be a mid year production. This is an interesting distinction, as there were some changes that occurred both in the early run of 64s as well as mid year changes. An example would be that some very early 64's had the smaller license light, but this was changed in October I believe? Someone will be along to correct me. Also, the turn signals went from the smaller "peanut" ones to the larger ones as well. There was also an update on the door handles. Early 64 had the pin type and mid year and later had the paddle type. Some good info to have.
very good info..thank u for taking ur time to help.. really thankfull for any info or tips.
bad91teg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: mic lovin it , early 1964 bug project Reply with quote

got the bug home.

vwoldbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: mic lovin it , early 1964 bug project Reply with quote

Nice catch , does it have reverse lights and hazard flashers . Also I like the ignition lock .
bad91teg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: mic lovin it , early 1964 bug project Reply with quote

vwoldbug wrote:
Nice catch , does it have reverse lights and hazard flashers . Also I like the ignition lock .
man thanks a lot. im so happy to have this project. not sure about hazards and flashers.. getting ready to post pics with a lot of parts installed ..will check when getting all the stuff out of boxes. wanna get a look at this bug and see what I got ,then plan my attack.lol
bad91teg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:01 pm    Post subject: Re: mic lovin it , early 1964 bug project Reply with quote

got the fenders on. just a few bolts holding them on . for a test fit , not that bad. then got the deck lid on . and headlights.

bad91teg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: mic lovin it , early 1964 bug project Reply with quote

hhhuuummm how to tell if I have original fenders ,decklid ,ect. or if mine are reproduction ?
bad91teg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: mic lovin it , early 1964 bug project Reply with quote

seats in . hood on . really cool to get a good look at the bug.

Last edited by bad91teg on Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
bad91teg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: mic lovin it , early 1964 bug project Reply with quote

bad91teg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: mic lovin it , early 1964 bug project Reply with quote

picking up the motor tomorrow. its a single port. but don't think its original. will be nice to see what motor it has .
bad91teg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: mic lovin it , early 1964 bug project Reply with quote

Airstream65
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: mic lovin it , early 1964 bug project Reply with quote

Don't know what you're going for, but if the pictures are showing what paint really looks like, I would recommend color sanding and buffing before assembly. It looks pretty solid.
66brm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:26 am    Post subject: Re: mic lovin it , early 1964 bug project Reply with quote

I agree, and that wiring will be "fun"

modok wrote:
I am an expert at fitting things in holes, been doing it a long time
vwuberalles
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:17 am    Post subject: Re: mic lovin it , early 1964 bug project Reply with quote

Looks great! I love the color combo.
1973 Superbeetle: 1st car, owned since age 12. Update thread --> https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9919140#9919140
1967 Kombi: Owned since age 17, Dad's retirement project.
1966 Beetle: My new project. (SOLD) Build thread--> https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=678040
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Jump to:
Page 1 of 21

Jump to: